How long is your trunk?

On a good run, no road closures and light traffic, my longest run is near enough 205 miles. All motorway and takes about 4 hours 15.

So, a question for all you trunkers, how long is yours?

Edit, might not be the best thread title!

Captain Caveman 76:
On a good run, no road closures and light traffic, my longest run is near enough 205 miles. All motorway and takes about 4 hours 15.

In my case it was the majority varying from two return runs in a shift either Feltham to Bristol or Feltham to Kilworth.

To Feltham to Dewsbury,or Feltham Scotch change over anywhere between Haydock to Killington Lake depending on how late the Scotch wagon was running.All that mostly pre limiters.While Feltham-Luton-Dewsbury with a gutless Merc 2534 after limiters was probably the most time consuming.

Conor is the Trunk master :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Any one using the A34 to get M40 a lot longer tonight as there’s been a smash up by the BP garage and its nose to tail from pear tree
It’s 8pm now as still like it
I gave up and now parked up got to go to hull for 8 am ish tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread title has got to draw Dipper Dave in, looking forward… :smiling_imp:

Reminder

forum Guidelines:
Random crap
Posts that do not make any sensible contribution to the forum will simply go
the arbitors of this will be the admin team.

Some random crap deleted from this thread

I used to do a night trunk from Stranraer to Daventry about 345 miles and sometimes we were asked to carry on through to Park Royal to finish the trunk, them little F86’s done okay.
The worse I ever done was Stranraer to Penrith twice a night.

happysack:
Third time of trying for me. The humour police are out in force

More random crap deleted :unamused: Bully’s bar for such stuff is further down the forum list- If a post is deleted by a moderator its a fairly strong hint not to repost it - read the forum guidelines if you cant follow them then take the night off the forum, we can of course help with this if you wish

forum guidelines:
TruckNet UK is a forum for discussing the transport industry overall and truck driving in particular- all discussions/interaction should be based on that. We have a singular forum for non truck driving discussion (Bully’s bar). From the date of posting all content that is not on topic will be removed.

If you want to discuss your ■■■■■■ exploits, your kinship or otherwise with other nationalities, the art of DIY or any other subject there are other forums out there that cater for this… sign up and use them, TruckNet UK is not Facebook and a free for all… it is transport focused. - keep it on topic or it will be removed.

members who breach the rules slightly or whose posts take up a disproportionate amount of the Moderators/Admin team’s time may have their forum permisssions set so any posts they make has to be approved by a Moderator/Admin before it is seen publicly. This may be done for a short time (e.g. Overnight to allow a situation to cool down,) or for a longer period.

My longest round trip trunk is 550kms ish

My round trip is roughly 700km a night, usually just over the 4 hour mark each way. All motorway with the exception of 3km either side.

809 miles each way, NYC, USA to Truro NS, Canada, total driving time 13 hours, which can’t be done in one go obvilously, soit usually takes a day and a half each way. I don’t do the run often but I love it, I get to Truro on the second afternoon, park at the truck stop about half a mile from the stop, nip round there in the morning and they do all the work while I watch a movie, takes 2 hours to unload the ‘WINE’ LOL. I then come back empty.

Proper willy waving thread this is.

Jesus, look at the length of Pat Hasler’s trunk.

Pat Hasler:
809 miles each way

I did a Belvedere to Haydock trunk for a while in the late 80s, 750kms a night and I used to put 290 litres of diesel in on arrival back on Belvedere. I had a pink 22.331 MAN and it never came out of the middle lane except to get off the M25 onto the M1, the M1 and M6 junction and finally at the A580 turn off and I was never in anybody’s way! My fastest time was 3hr 20mins on the way up one night and I used quite a bit more diesel than usual that night lol

Pat Hasler:
809 miles each way, NYC, USA to Truro NS, Canada, total driving time 13 hours, which can’t be done in one go obvilously, soit usually takes a day and a half each way. I don’t do the run often but I love it, I get to Truro on the second afternoon, park at the truck stop about half a mile from the stop, nip round there in the morning and they do all the work while I watch a movie, takes 2 hours to unload the ‘WINE’ LOL. I then come back empty.

You do know that you can do 13hrs driving legally in Canada, so you could do it in one hit on the way out if you wanted to.

Captain Caveman 76:

205 mile trip here too but that only takes me 3hrs 45 minutes.

I have a faster truck than you. :wink:

night trunking in the '80,i once drove up from North Kilworth to our depot in Glasgow,swapped trailers and drove back to NK :slight_smile: around 650 miles i guess…in a proper Daf.

there is a subbie working at our place at present,who,according to his old colleagues,used to do a trunk from Ashbourne to north of Aberdeen every day/night for a well known haulier :open_mouth:
pre-limiter of course!

my mate Nellie used to do the night trunk to Mandalay, but one dark night a wrong turn was made, and off she ran to Hindustan and was never seen again.

used to do Appleton thorn to the goods yard in Carlisle twice a night in mid 90’s. 850 odd km…second one was a killer

Used to do one that went like this.
Pick up loaded trailer in Swindon 15.00 ish, run Dartford and drop trailer for unaccompanied shipping.
Bobtail to Grays, pick up loaded trailer then via Le Shuttle, run to Zeebrugge drop trailer and pick up an empty one.
Run to Gent, park up around 03.00/04.00 and have time off.
Load in Gent 14.00 then run and deliver to Kingsbury and Nuneaton then back to base empty.
Used to do 3 trips a week, not exceptional milage but made for a long night.
Done this on a trial basis for a couple of months, then the run got a lot easier.