How long does it take?

How long does it take to do your class 2 training? Start to finish/test?! and how long did it take you to pass??

Cheers…

Usually a 5 day course with test on the 5th day. You have to do theory & hazard perception tests, medical, apply for provisional etc.

So the time in total can be quite long

so the applying for the provisional first, then medical then theory test?

Ive spent 5 months so far, just the CPC left to do.
You could easily do it in a month or two but I didn’t fancy trying to learn so much in a short space of time.

I was just wondering how long it all took to see if i could do it around work time, or how much time i would need off. Can i apply for the provisonal online or do i need papers from the post office?

I’ve just read up a bit more. I need to get rwo forms first (provisional+medical) fill them out and send them to dvla. Thanks again.

You can apply on line for the forms pack then take the med form to a doctor to have a med exam and get him to fill it in and sign it . some docs charge about £60 some about £40 all depends .
then send that form off with your application and your car licence both parts the provisional right then gets added to your car licence .
once thats back then book your theory parts hazard perception / and 100 question tick test after reading the dvla book aprox 286 pages with aprox 20 facts on each page re lgv does and donts and then take the test ( about two weeks waiting list ) find a good trainer for the practical bit about 20hrs (but that depends on your ability ) normaly all can be done in about 8/10 weeks . less if you are lucky and find a good trainer there are loads on this site but all depends where you live also there are links on here some where to info re theory info . cant take the practical untill you pass the theory test .
hope this helps
regards Roy

YAMBOL57:
You can apply on line for the forms pack then take the med form to a doctor to have a med exam and get him to fill it in and sign it . some docs charge about £60 some about £40 all depends .
then send that form off with your application and your car licence both parts the provisional right then gets added to your car licence .
once thats back then book your theory parts hazard perception / and 100 question tick test after reading the dvla book aprox 286 pages with aprox 20 facts on each page re lgv does and donts and then take the test ( about two weeks waiting list ) find a good trainer for the practical bit about 20hrs (but that depends on your ability ) normaly all can be done in about 8/10 weeks . less if you are lucky and find a good trainer there are loads on this site but all depends where you live also there are links on here some where to info re theory info . cant take the practical untill you pass the theory test .
hope this helps
regards Roy

Thanks for that, can i get the D2 and D4 forms from the post office aswell as online?

I started my journey towards the end of April this year (medical/provisional application) and I’ve tried to get everything done as quickly as possible with the least amount of disruption to my current job. Today I failed my cat C test. Assuming you pass all the tests first time it is possible to get it all done within 2 months of having your medical. In that time I have completed the theory tests, CPC case study test and the CPC practical test so just the driving test left to do, which I should have nailed earlier today but I made a silly mistake. I work full time and have needed to take 6 days off (1 for theory/case studies and 5 for training and test). Ofcourse this all depends on how quickly the DVLA process your application and how lucky you are when booking dates for your tests and training. I was fortunate enough to get my hazard perception, multiple choice theory and case studies test all on the same day. I also managed to get CPC mod 4 training and test on the same days as my driving training so this helped with getting things done fast. Good luck with your journey.

I passed my medical, theory and hazard perception ( both 1st time), and did my 20 hours training and passed cat c first attempt :sunglasses:, all in all it took 7 weeks from medical to test day, including sending forms off and getting provisional back etc, i didn’t have to do mods 2 or 4 cos i am an old git :smiley:

driverjohn:
i didn’t have to do mods 2 or 4 cos i am an old git :smiley:

Wish I was an old git! :smiley:

I’ve not been so lucky with the time scale of my training. I done Medical, Theory & HPT. Then I found out I was being made redundant so I was able to get my training funded, although I had to wait around for my redundancy to be completed.

Then I had my C and had to wait about 2 or 3 weeks for my C+E (failed 2 times passed on the 3rd) now I’ve had to wait another 3 weeks for my CPC mod 4.

In all I think mine has been going since November time. :frowning: :frowning:

It can vary depending on what dates are avalible ect. But for me i done medical and applied for provisional in july 2010, had stuff back week or 2 later, booked my theory, hpc, and mod 2 case studies for AUG 2010, passed the 2 but failed my HPc 2 times which put a spanner in the works for the start of my class 2 training. By the time i passed HPC 3rd time lucky only dates my training company had were in OCT 2010 so that’s when i started my C training.

My C training was 5 days and test about mid day on day 5. Passed in OCT but then had to book my MODULE 4 which i could not get a booking until December 2010, so all in all took about 5 - 6 months, mainly because i was unlucky with dates ect and failing HPC test twice :frowning: .

But then went on to do class 1, got dates straight away for JAN 2011, then had cancellation so my dates where brought forward sooner :slight_smile: and passed in JAN 2011, so had a bit of luck this time around.

Goodluck with everything thats to come and enjoy it is the most important thing :slight_smile:

:smiley: LOL Nice one driver john me too ha but still gonna get the cpc over as will have to do it before 2014 anyway .
LR18-8 i know how you feel doing mine on LVP grant taken from march untill now and dont have a say about trainer although i did as was asked and got quotes both good quotes . then they picked a trainer who tendered for the training 45 miles from home and who was much more expencive and ive already been to two other locations to do my FLT and Hiab training was told that i would start training in may then put back till june 8th could not get me a C test date till 29 june .( he says) so now doing 27th 28th all day then early morning test 29th .
then will have to wait again to do my C/E LOL with this lot could be retired before i get licence eh :open_mouth:

Well sent my girlfiend in to the post office pick up the d2 and d4 forms today and they didn’t have them? Where do you usually get them from? Or does anyone have an online link for them? Cheers.

You can apply for them on the directgov website, probably take them a week to get them to you :confused:

John

Any good trainer will send them to you if you ask. :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

So Mr Smythe, would you be kind enough to send me the forms i need■■? Please, Thanks you please.

curiousgeorge:

Peter Smythe:

So Mr Smythe, would you be kind enough to send me the forms i need■■? Please, Thanks you please.

lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

curiousgeorge:

Peter Smythe:

Would you like your arse wiping for you as well?? :confused: :confused: :confused: You don’t even seem that bothered or interested, you seem like you’re wanting everything handed too you on a plate :confused:

Courses usually last 5 days so I’ve seen, but if you go on an assessment drive then you should know how long you really need to get you ready for the test.

I’m sorry if I’ve got the wrong picture, but in my opinion you don’t seem too interested :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Of course. Send your address via the contact us button on my website and ask for the forms. :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks, Pete