How long does info stay on tacho

bestbooties:
You could always “Lose” the card…

And set fire to the tacho head.

weeto:

bestbooties:

And smash up the bosses computer if he’s downloaded from the head but then you have to go and demolish the system that your boss may be using to analyse your records. :unamused:

weeto:

bestbooties:

An awful lot of drivers drive “fleet” motors so very rarely get the same one two days running, so for one of these guys who’s opted to lose his card will pretty much be ok as the chances of getting pulled in the first place are pretty slim, and when you couple that to the fact that the chances are they won’t be driving the same motor that he/she who committed their heinous crime in in the first place, I’d say they’d probably get away with it.

Edit to add: just checked my display and it goes as far back as 27/04/15.

Even worse, even this “tachograph analysis bureau” gets it wrong:
tachomagic.com/faq.php#41

How many days are held on a drivers’ digital card?
A maximum of 28, but this is not guaranteed, multidrop drivers however, will fill the card quicker which signifcantly reduces the days held.

Makes you wonder how good their “analysis” is…

MrFlibble:
Even worse, even this “tachograph analysis bureau” gets it wrong:
tachomagic.com/faq.php#41

How many days are held on a drivers’ digital card?
A maximum of 28, but this is not guaranteed, multidrop drivers however, will fill the card quicker which signifcantly reduces the days held.

Makes you wonder how good their “analysis” is…

What makes that even worse is that the MD claims to be a “Tachograph expert and EU leading authority on Drivers’ hours legislation” :unamused:

a card holds 28 days of average data, an average day is 93 mode changes, so 2604 mode changes!

It’s designed to record 28 days’ worth of data from the worst (realistic) case of a driver frequently changing modes. 93 changes per day is more than one every 10 minutes, over a 15-hour shift. Only a driver that’s doing loads of multi-drop work in heavy traffic (where the delays are long enough to record as a different mode on the tacho) are even going to get close to that figure.

In reality, most drivers’ records will go back 6 months or more, and if you’re night trunking (where you may only get 10 mode changes per shift), you could easily have a year’s worth of data on the card.

I tried to be more organised today , then :exclamation:
I’m tipped
Head south
Ok
1/2 hr later, rings back , can you do a 2 pm --------
Yea
2 seconds, no I can’t give you that , keep heading south I get back to you
Not far from 66 , plenty of lay-bys , I’ll get break in when I get on it :slight_smile:
20 mins later, turn round
What
Head north
But
Head north , I’ll come back to you with details
How can you possibly plan your breaks with planning like this :astonished: :astonished:

You don’t need to plan your breaks Dozy, you are the captain of the ship, pull in when you fancy it. As is often said; daily drive and work times are a limit, not a target.

dozy:
I tried to be more organised today , then :exclamation:
I’m tipped
Head south
Ok
1/2 hr later, rings back , can you do a 2 pm --------
Yea
2 seconds, no I can’t give you that , keep heading south I get back to you
Not far from 66 , plenty of lay-bys , I’ll get break in when I get on it :slight_smile:
20 mins later, turn round
What
Head north
But
Head north , I’ll come back to you with details
How can you possibly plan your breaks with planning like this :astonished: :astonished:

You’re very good at blaming others for you not having the breaks at the correct time,hope you don’t rely on that when your in front of the Traffic commissioner .

the maoster:
You don’t need to plan your breaks Dozy, you are the captain of the ship, pull in when you fancy it. As is often said; daily drive and work times are a limit, not a target.

Just had to wipe the snot off my pad there Evil. You owe me! :wink:

the maoster:
Just had to wipe the snot off my pad there Evil. You owe me! :wink:

You’re welcome pal, and I think it’s Dozy we owe! :smiley:

robroy:

dozy:
Had a nightmare Friday night, we’ll all week ,pushed to limit and cards a shambles , how soon does it get overwritten .ta

Dozy mate :unamused: , it does not matter a [zb] if it’s 5 minutes or 5 months, that is a consequense of the problem not the root :bulb:
Why allow them to push you to that extent ffs. :unamused:
Is it worth getting a heavy fine at best or even jail at worst because of some office knob that takes the ■■■■.
You know the situation with driver’s hours regs today, you can’t ■■■■ without having to make a manual entry, cause an infringment or such bull [zb] of the like.
Man up ffs, and sort the job out :unamused:

your really wasting your time mate ,one of the reasons why the jobs ■■■■■■