How long does info stay on tacho

lizard:
a digi tachograph records data for a period of 28 days on the driver card & 365 days for the vehicle unit.
the card should be down loaded prior to 28 days lapsing & the unit down loaded prior to 56 days lapsing.

It isn’t a defined period of time, it’s a certain amount of data it can hold.
Each time you change mode is a unit of data, so it depends how many mode changes are recorded as to how long it takes before it starts overwriting old data. In many cases that can be longer than six months.
I think errors are stored separately to activity data, so errors could be stored for the life of the cars.

The 28 day rule is how long you are required to provide records to the company within (whether downloading or handing in charts).

del949:
Always amazed at the number of “definite” answers that are wrong.
and most of the posters will still be convinced that they are right.

I’ve got to agree with you. The info I posted is from the literature that I was given just a few months ago from the last cpc course I was on, of which I already knew. so I will always follow the literature that I have read and not follow DC wibble.

lizard:
a digi tachograph records data for a period of 28 days on the driver card & 365 days for the vehicle unit.
the card should be down loaded prior to 28 days lapsing & the unit down loaded prior to 56 days lapsing.

lizard:

del949:

I’ve got to agree with you. The info I posted is from the literature that I was given just a few months ago from the last cpc course I was on, of which I already knew. so I will always follow the literature that I have read and not follow DC wibble.

If you’re saying that the card data only stays on a driver card for 28 days perhaps you should stop listening to anyone and do a simple test :bulb:

Next time you have your card in a tachograph go through the menu until you get to the part where you can display the card data for a particular date, then see how far you can turn the date back to see the record for the oldest day.

You’ll find that you can see the records from several months ago, obviously that’s assuming the card has been used for several months.

No offence intended, but who the [zb] argues on the basis of what they’ve been told on a DCPC course :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

tachograph:

lizard:

lizard:

del949:

If you’re saying that the card data only stays on a driver card for 28 days perhaps you should stop listening to anyone and do a simple test :bulb:

Next time you have your card in a tachograph go through the menu until you get to the part where you can display the card data for a particular date, then see how far you can turn the date back to see the record for the oldest day.

You’ll find that you can see the records from several months ago, obviously that’s assuming the card has been used for several months.

No offence intended, but who the [zb] argues on the basis of what they’ve been told on a DCPC course [emoji14] [emoji38]

Now take your card out and check the vehicle data and it will give you all the info for the last year. All the data that is stored on your card is overwritten after 28 working days.

dozy:
Had a nightmare Friday night, we’ll all week ,pushed to limit and cards a shambles , how soon does it get overwritten .ta

Dozy mate :unamused: , it does not matter a ■■■■ if it’s 5 minutes or 5 months, that is a consequense of the problem not the root :bulb:
Why allow them to push you to that extent ffs. :unamused:
Is it worth getting a heavy fine at best or even jail at worst because of some office knob that takes the ■■■■.
You know the situation with driver’s hours regs today, you can’t ■■■■ without having to make a manual entry, cause an infringment or such bull ■■■■ of the like.
Man up ffs, and sort the job out :unamused:

lizard:
All the data that is stored on your card is overwritten after 28 working days.

No it is not and that is a 100% fact

Ooooh for a very long time :laughing: :laughing:
even longer on the Head and base unit in the truck :wink: your screwed :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:
Guess you didn`t walk past that industrial magnet then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lizard:
Now take your card out and check the vehicle data and it will give you all the info for the last year. All the data that is stored on your card is overwritten after 28 working days.

No-ones disagreeing that the VU holds at-least 365 days of data but that’s not the same as the card data, if you put your card in a vehicle it’s never been in before you will be able to see records for months back and each record will show the date and the drivers name and driver number that’s on your card.

Try what I suggested and see how far back you can read from the card, never mind about what you can read that’s stored in the VU just read from the card.

On a Siemens tachograph go

1. Press “OK” (The menu is displayed)
  2. Press the down button until “Display Drive 1” is displayed to get with the card symbol.
  3. Press “OK” (The display shows “24h day” together with the card symbol)
  4. Press “OK” (The date flashes)
  5. Use the arrow keys to change the date to the earliest date available
  6. Press “OK” and the data for the day can be scrolled through

To display the VU data do as above except at part 2 use the arrows to scroll down to “Dispslay Vehicle” and the vehicle symbol will be displayed.

robroy:

dozy:
Had a nightmare Friday night, we’ll all week ,pushed to limit and cards a shambles , how soon does it get overwritten .ta

Dozy mate :unamused: , it does not matter a [zb] if it’s 5 minutes or 5 months, that is a consequense of the problem not the root :bulb:
Is it worth getting a heavy fine at best or even jail at worst because of some office knob that takes the ■■■■.
You know the situation with driver’s hours regs today, you can’t ■■■■ without having to make a manual entry, cause an infringment or such bull [zb] of the like.

You’re presuming this happened because they pushed him and not because our Dozy mis read the big hand and the small hand all week :laughing:

Re: how long does info stay on tacho

Postby lizard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:04 pm

del949 wrote:

Sorry Lizard., I wasn’t agreeing that you were right, but you have proved the point I made :slight_smile:
I didn’t use my card for around 2 years when I retired but out of curiosity put it in a friends truck and the info was still there from my last days work (made me feel tired too !)

James the cat:

robroy:

dozy:

Dozy mate :unamused: , it does not matter a [zb] if it’s 5 minutes or 5 months, that is a consequense of the problem not the root :bulb:
You know the situation with driver’s hours regs today, you can’t ■■■■ without having to make a manual entry, cause an infringment or such bull [zb] of the like.

You’re presuming this happened because they pushed him and not because our Dozy mis read the big hand and the small hand all week :laughing:

:laughing: Just giving him the benefit of the doubt mate, he said he had been pushed so I tried to give him some advice to save him from himself :unamused: .
Maybe I’m feeling guilty for giving him stick in the past…even if he does ask for it most of the time. :smiley: :unamused:

Go on Dozy, spit your dummy and throw your toys around a little mate! :smiley:
As if you keep swallowing the crap mate, they will keep feeding it to you…

Dozy, you’re being constructively dismissed. You’re not wanted anymore and to be honest I’m not the slightest bit surprised.

I think you should take the hint and do one.

Contraflow:
Dozy, you’re being constructively dismissed. You’re not wanted anymore and to be honest I’m not the slightest bit surprised.

Oh go on, …admit it, …you are warming to him really :laughing:

Contraflow:

Contraflow, your caller on line 3 just jumped mate… :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Contraflow:

Contraflow, your caller on line 3 just jumped mate… :laughing:

That’s ok, he likes a quick result :laughing:

I think it was meant to hold 28 days for the average driver when they first started. Memory is now a lot cheaper. What you paid for a Mb 10 years ago now gets you a GB or more so I would think the cards now hold a lot more.

Last time I stuck mine in a digifob there was 18 months history on there

Just checked mine and found it goes back to 12/1/15
Have noticed that it doesn’t show reg. no. or start/finish mileage when you go back that far

You could always “Lose” the card…