How long does info stay on tacho

Had a nightmare Friday night, we’ll all week ,pushed to limit and cards a shambles , how soon does it get overwritten .ta

Think it’s about 10 years in your case Dozy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, couldn’t resist it, it’s actually 28 days

Ive got infringements still on from feb this year, depends how much mode changes it has to log , if u do multidrop more stop start will fill the card quicker than one hit mostly driving.

I’ve read about this before on here ( :exclamation: ) but when I renewed my digicard the old one still had an infringement stored from when I started using tachos 5 years previous, showed up every time I did a printout. Full time work, no breaks in employment.

The head can hold info for a very long long long time as can your card just checked mine and I can go back to 29/8/2014

wing-nut:

No your very wrong that’s how long your required to keep your records on you.

nick2008:

wing-nut:

Think you’ll find I’m not far out, a tacho card holds approx 28 days of data, this is why the boss has to download it within 28 days so he doesn’t miss any.
A tacho head holds a lot more and has to be downloaded within 90 days

A digicard holds X amount of data so it depends on how much data is out onto it as to how long it stays there before being over-written

This can be over one years worth of data in many cases

wing-nut:

nick2008:

wing-nut:

Think you’ll find I’m not far out, a tacho card holds approx 28 days of data, this is why the boss has to download it within 28 days so he doesn’t miss any.
A tacho head holds a lot more and has to be downloaded within 90 days

iirc it’s actually a minimum of 28 days of activity before it’ll start over writing, which is why it’s theoretically possible to have 6 months+ of activity data on it.
I’ve probably got data on mine going back to Xmas last year due to inactivity.

As has been said, it depends on how much data is written to it. If you go from A to B on trunking with only a couple of stops it’ll hold many months more than someone who spends all their time going round a city doing local multidrop.

However its not just your card you need to worry about but the tacho head itself as it also keeps a record and that can go back well over a year as it holds a hell of a lot more than the card.

I think the OP is really more worried about how far back VOSA will normally check back on his digicard at the roadside. If they suspect something fishy or find anything more than an odd minor indiscretion then they will trawl back further.

dozy:
Had a nightmare Friday night, we’ll all week ,pushed to limit and cards a shambles , how soon does it get overwritten .ta

Just do a printout and take the date as far back as it will allow and there lies your answer :wink:

cav551:
I think the OP is really more worried about how far back VOSA will normally check back on his digicard at the roadside. If they suspect something fishy or find anything more than an odd minor indiscretion then they will trawl back further.

That would be 28 days on digi then, like the amount of cards you have to carry, but yes in theory they could penalise you for something over 28 days, more likely a verbal if it was something over 28 days old and hadn’t been repeated again, but then that could change depending on your attitude at a stop.

Card hold all info at least 8-10 month.

wing-nut:

nick2008:

wing-nut:
…it’s actually 28 days

Think you’ll find I’m not far out…

I think you’ll find you’re miles out.

Just checked mine which is used five days a week and it goes back to the beginning of April.

It’s always best to get your facts straight before coming on here pretending to be an expert. :wink:

Dozy, it ain’t going away anytime soon.

Contraflow:

wing-nut:

nick2008:

wing-nut:
…it’s actually 28 days

Think you’ll find I’m not far out…

I think you’ll find you’re miles out.

Just checked mine which is used five days a week and it goes back to the beginning of April.

It’s always best to get your facts straight before coming on here pretending to be an expert. :wink:

Dozy, it ain’t going away anytime soon.

Fair enough Contra, I admit I got it wrong. Wasn’t pretending to be an expert, just always thought it was 28. Gonna check mine tonight, should keep me busy

A driver card is designed to hold a minimum of 28 days of data.

I can’t remember exactly but I think that’s based on about 90 activity changes a day which is far more than most drivers will do, that’s why for most drivers the data will stay on the card for several months before it’s overwritten.

a digi tachograph records data for a period of 28 days on the driver card & 365 days for the vehicle unit.
the card should be down loaded prior to 28 days lapsing & the unit down loaded prior to 56 days lapsing.

lizard:
a digi tachograph records data for a period of 28 days on the driver card

Lots more than that = see posts above

Always amazed at the number of “definite” answers that are wrong.
and most of the posters will still be convinced that they are right.