How long did your DCPC course last?

I was talking across the pump the other day and was told that this driver’s dcpc course started at 9.00 in the village hall and ended in the pub at lunch time. His details were uploaded all for the princely sum of £45.

It doesn’t’ take much between the ears to realize the potential abuse of the dcpc. With little evaluation of the 900 or so dcpc providers, unscrupulous trainers will charge rock bottom prices for little more than uploading details, drivers who have to pay themselves will have no qualms or comeback for choosing the cheapest option-who can blame them?

Stobart drivers who pay £40 a month out of their wages for it, listen to the same course over and over again and grin and bear it.

Just how many times can you repeat driving hours, breaks, wtd, and tachographs?
At the very most you can cover what the vast amount of drivers require to know for their every day work in 2 hours, you can stretch it out with umpteen coffee breaks and anecdotes but in the end it’s a struggle and an achievement for the trainer to last out 7 hours.

And do you really think truck drivers in Bulgaria, Latvia, Poland, Romania, and rest of our Europe will be worried about the dcpc…obtaining a cpc card there is probably just as easy as buying candy and never a classroom in sight!

What mugs we are.

im game for paying £45 for a quick chat then a few games of pool… where do i sign up?

Very interesting, a couple of blokes I know let slip that they crammed thier final two lessons into one Saturday.
Pretty glad I wasn’t a fly on the wall during that epic. If it happend at all that is?..

Br Al

my cpc is free paid for by the company.
It lasted from 08.00 to 17.00 with 2 x15min breaks and 1 x 1hr lunch.
morning session was all about tacho laws and working hrs and the afternoon session wasa basic first aid coarse.

If i could find someone doing a coarse in a pub for 4hrs and £45 id sign up !

£40 sounds reasonable,maybe some one should set up a "Dial a DCPC " they could do an all in 1 for say £150 you just ring them giving your details,they upload your info to DVLA or who ever it get’s uploaded to, you then get your DCPC card everyone is happy,
But i’m all for paying the least amount for this waste of my time and money,

You will find DCPC courses advertised on the internet for as low as £45, thamesdown buses are doing them for £55 and considering bus drivers have a year less to do it in, the thinking that the prices of courses will go up towards the deadline are proving false
I believe that prices will actually fall towards the dead line as trainers scrabble for work and offer deals to drivers…35 hours £150 and we’ll do it all on a Saturday morning…! just give me your details!

worthless, overpriced, piece of junk!

2 minutes if you hand over a brown envelope.

Did our first module in 4 hours including numerous ■■■/coffee breaks , so thats about 3 hours then :unamused: :confused:

[quote=“Banquo”

Stobart drivers who pay £40 a month out of their wages for it, listen to the same course over and over again and grin and bear it.

That works out at £480.00 per year times 5 = 2400.00 to do a cpc course idiot drivers or what

i did the first so called 7hrs in a pub last year was fin by dinner as the boss want to watch the
footy match not sure what there doin this year as ive moved only for better monies… :smiley:

Yes but just think how good this is for the economy, there are people out there who could be on the dole, providing professional qualifications for us poor thick drivers, charging us only a good percentage of the silly money we earn for little work we do, for the fabulous training we receive. Hell just think how much it would cost the working population of our wonderful country to give them their 60 quid a week instead of us drivers paying them 45 grand a year to give us such a valuable service. Thank God we have Europe.

I did 1st module on Saturday and no offence to the trainers but its a sheer insult to drivers. What he was telling/showing us is the basics that we should already know… Its been said before and I will say it again, its only a way to drum up more money out of drivers.

scottishcruiser:
I did 1st module on Saturday and no offence to the trainers but its a sheer insult to drivers. What he was telling/showing us is the basics that we should already know… Its been said before and I will say it again, its only a way to drum up more money out of drivers.

a lot of it is basic, but remember how many drivers come on here asking basic questions :grimacing:

You can ask basic questions on here or when you shoot the breeze with the other wheel men that you meet on the road.I can see no justification for trainers or the need to pay them.

fingermissing:
[quote=“Banquo”

That works out at £480.00 per year times 5 = 2400.00 to do a cpc course idiot drivers or what

Yet another myth!! :unamused: £40.00 a month at Stobbies!! Prove it!! :grimacing:

I’m not sure how long mine lasted, or where i went to take the course come to that as forgot to look at the details on ebay :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I would have thought stobbies would pay for their drivers to do it.

Post went wrong

Mine was 5 minutes,took our licence details,then off to the pub.