How long are you away in the truck for?

Currently on my 5th week out.

I’m on with other things at the moment. But would normally do no more than six weeks away.

Been living in the lorry full time for 7 years this year and I still love it.

How are you finding the Volvo as a living space to the Scania Luke ? Got to say that they have definately hit the right note by straightening up the windscreen for the new models.

I love the Volvo, its so much nicer inside. Less space yes but better designed. The only problem is I find it very difficult getting out of bed its so comfy! I even dive in there for a lie down on my 45 minute breaks even when I’ve no intention of sleeping. Its lovely!

switchlogic:
I love the Volvo, its so much nicer inside. Less space yes but better designed. The only problem is I find it very difficult getting out of bed its so comfy! I even dive in there for a lie down on my 45 minute breaks even when I’ve no intention of sleeping. Its lovely!

Get a memory foam cover for it,like I have in mine then you will never get out of bed!! :grimacing:

Oh god then I’d have even more trubs getting up!

switchlogic:
Oh god then I’d have even more trubs getting up!

A young man of your age shouldnt have any probs in that department.

Is that why your vids been slow as late? Keep them cooking ones comin I’m back on pot noodles.

switchlogic:

How do you fill your time when your on weekly rest? I think having nothing to do over the weekend is what would drive me insane!

Saaamon:

switchlogic:

How do you fill your time when your on weekly rest? I think having nothing to do over the weekend is what would drive me insane!

same as when at home go have beer go out for food and go see the sights. I had a weekend in caen docks had a great time along the beaches of Normandy and did le grand Bunker etc

switchlogic:

Kudos and respect!!

:astonished: :sunglasses:

Saaamon:

switchlogic:

Theres always something to do. Never any reason to sit around twiddling your thumbs, get out and do something.

Normally two weeks away then a weekend off. Although I recently signed an ammendment to my contract stating I’ll do three weeks “when needed”. :unamused:

Saaamon:

switchlogic:

like i said mate, if you can get to a town or city to park up do. get out the cab and have a look round the area, my last weekend away involved me taking the train to Salzburg to see Mozarts house :slight_smile:

I work 13 days a month and never a Monday. And I do three nights out in a twelve week schedule :slight_smile:

wirralpete:

Saaamon:

switchlogic:

like i said mate, if you can get to a town or city to park up do. get out the cab and have a look round the area, my last weekend away involved me taking the train to Salzburg to see Mozarts house :slight_smile:

Sounds quite good actually, almost better than being at home lol. I suppose with experience you get to know where to stop etc.

Saaamon:

wirralpete:

Saaamon:

switchlogic:

Sounds quite good actually, almost better than being at home lol. I suppose with experience you get to know where to stop etc.

in the last job it was pretty easy to work out where to stop we knew all the places we backloaed from, can backfire i had a friday morning tip in southern swiss (think it was called saint vitore??) anyway i dragged my heels so as to get there late afternoon thinking they would fob me off till the monday. i was then planning on driiving to the nearest big town, park the wagon up and jump a train to milan for the weekend. buggers were waiting for me then got my reload details which was north of lyon so spent the weekend on a services near berne!
another driver got a very rare job to barcelona tipping friday morning, his reload was tarragona, when he got there they fobbed him off till the monday, so he had the weekend on the beaches in salou lol

When I drove I was usually away for 2-4 weeks, sometimes 6 weeks, but the longest was 3 months…

Always found something to do In the weekends…

Geoffo:
When I drove I was usually away for 2-4 weeks, sometimes 6 weeks, but the longest was 3 months…

Always found something to do In the weekends…

similar to this, have done longer, all dependant on each job.
agree with Geoffo, you can normally always find something to do if you want.