How is the Smoking ban going?

I find I am smoking less but still in the cab, well its too bloody wet to stand outside… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great,
I have stopped smoking for a month now, but still develop cancer passing the doorway’s of pubs/workplaces etc :laughing:

Hows it going?? Put it this way,anybody got a light? :laughing:

Managed 3 days now without a ■■■, but it’s getting harder and harder not to stop at garage and buy a pack. :unamused:

I haven’t smoked in the cab all week :wink:

Denis F:

Just guessing, but…

the four Exmoor men:
LUXURY, we had to pay ‘t mill owner for ‘t privilege o’ workin’ there :wink:

Bet you put a driver on it (on sixpence a fortnight after lickin’ road clean wit’ tongue :wink: ) and smoked like a trooper in the office instead :wink:

dieseldave:

Denis F:

Just guessing, but…

the four Exmoor men:
LUXURY, we had to pay ‘t mill owner for ‘t privilege o’ workin’ there :wink:

Bet you put a driver on it (on sixpence a fortnight after lickin’ road clean wit’ tongue :wink: ) and smoked like a trooper in the office instead :wink:

Who’d a thought thirty years ago we’d all be sittin’ here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

I haven’t smoked since 1982 :wink:

Its great … There’s nothing better than walking through the town on a Saturday afternoon with your 5yr old an 11yr and walking past half a dozen ■■■■■■■■■ stood outside the pub smoking and swearing and belching and ■■■■■■■ and yes last weekend (although we were in the car driving past) one even ■■■■■■■ up against the wall in broad daylight…

If i ever meet the [zb] who thought up this ban :imp:

no problem at all (dont smoke) :smiley:

but that ■■■■■■ sticker in my blind spot is a pain in the arse (sure mr vosa will be pleased about its placement :blush: :sunglasses: ).

jon

I’ve been giving it a go to see how feasible it was, stopping in layby’s jumping out having a ■■■ then back in the cab and away and stopping at MSA’s finding a place to park, quick ■■■ and back on the motorway, it’s too much bl**dy hassle and looking around I seem to be the only one doing it.
Back to smoking in the cab tomorrow, well I did try

Denis F:
Who’d a thought thirty years ago we’d all be sittin’ here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

I haven’t smoked since 1982 :wink:

It’s a fair cop, but society is to blame. I thought there was something fishy about that post, but you try telling that to the kids of today and they won’t believe you :wink: (It comes from being born on probation next door to the famous piranha brothers…)

I was out last night for a large supermarket chain i wont name and shame them as I’d like to go back (units are blue trailers are orange )
on the run sheets there is a new block appeared in five minute sections for you to note smoking breaks :unamused: :unamused:
as a smoker ( cowers in corner begging forgiveness for being weak ) i was told to tick each instance i pulled over and the time would be stopped out of my pay hours . i didn’t pull over once to have a smoke BUT it must be my age because my bladder was playing up something rotten and i need to stop at least once an hour to have a comfort break :blush: :blush: .( i try to limit myself to one ciggie an hour )
the thing that was getting all the drivers in the office/waiting room was the warehouse staff don’t have to clock out to go for a ■■■ and neither do the transport office staff neither are they docked any time for nipping out to the shelters
once again the drivers get wee’d on from a great height if their dumb enough to be honest

i would never tick any of them box,s. weak bladder, dodgy curry. wasp in the cab. checking my map etc,etc.etc.

What smoking ban■■?
I went in the Office Sunday on my way out. I got informed I had to put one of these silly little stickers in my cab. I refused point blank. The Office bod said ‘But you have to’. No, I don’t, I replied!! I am on Dutch plates so it doesn’t apply to me. My truck is MOT’d in Holland, taxed in Holland, tacho is calibrated in Holland. Therefore it doesn’t apply to me.

TheBear:
What smoking ban■■?
I went in the Office Sunday on my way out. I got informed I had to put one of these silly little stickers in my cab. I refused point blank. The Office bod said ‘But you have to’. No, I don’t, I replied!! I am on Dutch plates so it doesn’t apply to me. My truck is MOT’d in Holland, taxed in Holland, tacho is calibrated in Holland. Therefore it doesn’t apply to me.

WHYYou drive in the UK so the law applies to you too…Tuff :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smee:

TheBear:
What smoking ban■■?

WHYYou drive in the UK so the law applies to you too…Tuff :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The law on not smoking in the cab applies while he is in Britain but the law on displaying the stickers doesn’t.

well i quit 6 weeks ago, and i would recomend giving them up just for 24 hours and just see how fitter you feel.

Penfold buy some of these if you are finding it hard.

nicorette.co.uk/stop-smoking … lator.aspx

ive said enough on previous postings (yes u all agree) the plod would be on there knees/straight jackets to enforce the english rules on wagon drivers they cant enforce the new 1,000,000 laws blair brought out

Coffeeholic:

Smee:

TheBear:
What smoking ban■■?

The law on not smoking in the cab applies while he is in Britain but the law on displaying the stickers doesn’t.

Thank You, Coffee … I knew I was right … you knew I was right … but Smee■■? Naw, he was wrong
Oh and no one has stopped me yet to book me for smoking in me cab… not even the mob as I came out of Dover this morning lolol

I’ve just carried on smoking. Nothing has been said yet. I put the window down, and the passenger window half down, and dont smoke in the last hour of my journey back to the yard.

Its a ridiculous law and I have some armour up my sleeve should any ■■■ question or accuse me. I’ll just deny it and tell them they have to catch me. There is nothing they can do unless they actually do catch me with a cigarette in my hand. Then I’ll hold my hands up to it.

The more I think about it, the more I realise that it is virtually un-enforcable.

So I wave a [zb] stick in the lense of the fagcam.

language edit: If you need to alter the word to get it past the auto censor that is the clue it is not allowed…Denis F