How is class 2 Tipper work?

Carryfast:
No problem Switch would have found a way to get onto those runs within a day of upgrading his bus licence. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Conveniently forgetting fact it took me 3 years of trying to get my first truck driving job (a job that you wouldn’t have lasted 5 seconds at), Unlike you who had one that paid for your licence. Maybe that’s why you don’t have any spine :smiley: it all came too easily at first therefore you expected it all to be easy. I had a huge struggle to get onto trucks, so I tend to work harder as a result. Better luck in the next life

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
[
Your suggestion that there isn’t a closed shop based on the bs ‘experience’ word in the case of tippers/bulkers just like the best class 1 jobs is what’s silly.
When the evidence is put in front of you…

Still can’t answer then how people enter this closed shop, this elite you supposedly think exists.

Evidence? From you, don’t be hilarious old fruit, you never provide any evidence. You basically just trot out a load of adverts and the example of your own crap career and you think it trumps everything I and everyone like me says, our real world experience. That’s what’s silly, you thinking that a man out of the industry two decades knows anything about it. So yeah, sort of no wonder you believe all that conspiracy bs too when you believe every bit of nonsense spouted at you. Some of us aren’t so gullible

Have a lovely evening sweetpea

At least real world adverts are better than any of the made up bs that you’ve provided so far based on nothing but your own exceptionally privileged career progression.Others don’t always get that luxury.

Ah yes of course. It’s not like I have a Facebook page with 32,000 likes, 15,000 YouTube subscribers and thousands on twitter and Instagram that contact me regularly with their stories. Everyone is much better listening to a man who only drove trucks for five minutes over twenty years ago. That’s an enormous wealth of experience I can never match…also now it’s intriguing how you seem have a new tangent to veer off on thinking I’ve led this charmed existence but now claim it’s made up? You don’t know your arse from your elbow.

You’re a non stop stream of b*st and you’re the only person on this forum who thinks otherwise.

:smiley:

D.P

Double post not ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■. That’s for tomorrow

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
No problem Switch would have found a way to get onto those runs within a day of upgrading his bus licence. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Conveniently forgetting fact it took me 3 years of trying to get my first truck driving job (a job that you wouldn’t have lasted 5 seconds at), Unlike you who had one that paid for your licence.

To be fair the ability to at least drive a 635 hp 38 tonner 6 wheeler with more than 3,000 gallons of bulk liquids on board flat out at around 70 mph without ending up in a ditch at the side of Chobham test circuit in my graduation from a 7.5 tonner sort of helped. :laughing:

Strange how that seemed to impress enough to get a job on the council driving mostly 4 wheelers including bulk refuse work and a few 24 tonner gritters but AJ Bull or Drinkwater driving 8 wheeler bulkers, let alone international drawbar work, no chance.

Bearing in mind I later paid for my own class 1 which would have cost me more if I’d have needed two attempts to pass it.Which bought me the princely job of driving a 12 tonner scaffolding and shuttering wagon on agency at least.
Luckily I was good enough at keeping out of ditches to get called back to my night trunking job as promised after I’d been temporarily put off and when trunking actually meant what it said on the tin. :smiling_imp: :wink:
Not being a zb warehouse labourer. :imp: :unamused:

Carryfast:

windrush:
You know now’t about it Carryfast! :unamused: To get on any of those longer runs (apart from feeding Britsh Sugar at Felsted, Essex, when they needed a large daily tonnage in the beet season) you needed a few years service under your belt. It was a good few years before I was allowed on them and usually somebody had to retire first. Otherwise it was just local runs around Staffs and Derbyshire or to the Greater Manchester, West Midlands and Yorkshire areas for new starters, usually with tarmac.

Pete.

You do know I was being sarcastic and you’ve proven my sarcasm well founded. :wink:
You know the best quality work being reserved for a chosen elite.
That sounds no different to getting a start on AJ Bull’s or Drinkwater’s Surrey County’s bulk refuse work even when I was already doing the job on the council.

Sarcasm or not but that was just how it should have been: the long serving drivers getting the pick of the work. It didn’t mean they were on more money though, a few short runs like six loads to a concrete works paid more than the long ones as you had eight hours pay just for loading before being paid for the journeys and fuelling time. You worked your way up ‘through the ranks’ and started on an older vehicle. The long serving drivers (some had over thirty years service, one did almost fifty) got a new truck every three years, others had one after six years. As drivers retired you moved up the ranks, the railway worked on a similar principle. It wont happen nowadays.

Pete.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Conveniently forgetting fact it took me 3 years of trying to get my first truck driving job (a job that you wouldn’t have lasted 5 seconds at), Unlike you who had one that paid for your licence.

To be fair the ability to at least drive a 635 hp 38 tonner 6 wheeler with more than 3,000 gallons of bulk liquids on board flat out at around 70 mph without ending up in a ditch at the side of Chobham test circuit in my graduation from a 7.5 tonner sort of helped. :laughing:

Strange how that seemed to impress enough to get a job on the council driving mostly 4 wheelers including bulk refuse work and a few 24 tonner gritters but AJ Bull or Drinkwater driving 8 wheeler bulkers, let alone international drawbar work, no chance.

Bearing in mind I later paid for my own class 1 which would have cost me more if I’d have needed two attempts to pass it.Which bought me the princely job of driving a 12 tonner scaffolding and shuttering wagon on agency at least.
Luckily I was good enough at keeping out of ditches to get called back to my night trunking job as promised after I’d been temporarily put off and when trunking actually meant what it said on the tin. :smiling_imp: :wink:

In other words you had it easy compared to me

Top tip- if you know things because the person involved told you about them on an open forum repeatedly mentioning them probably won’t get to them at this stage :smiley: Esp when the ditch incident was 10 years ago and I failed my C+E 22 years ago :smiley: I think I might possibly be over it at this stage. I accept my f*** ups, learn from them, move on. You’d be blaming your boss, Dave next door and Dedrie in the off licence and a wet leaf on the road if it were you

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just give up Luke, it’s a lost cause and no doubt the OP has given up on the idea long ago! :slight_smile:

Pete.

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just give up Luke, it’s a lost cause and no doubt the OP has given up on the idea long ago! :slight_smile:

Pete.

NEVER! ITS A BATTLE TO THE DEATH! A prize Trucknet event, Battle of the Nincompoops!

Apologies to OP for derailing his thread

No time to read all 70 posts but just asking if you can make £700-800 pw. in the bank for 50ish hours on tippers with no night out? If not what’s the hours/money like

windrush:

Carryfast:

windrush:
You know now’t about it Carryfast! :unamused: To get on any of those longer runs (apart from feeding Britsh Sugar at Felsted, Essex, when they needed a large daily tonnage in the beet season) you needed a few years service under your belt. It was a good few years before I was allowed on them and usually somebody had to retire first. Otherwise it was just local runs around Staffs and Derbyshire or to the Greater Manchester, West Midlands and Yorkshire areas for new starters, usually with tarmac.

Pete.

You do know I was being sarcastic and you’ve proven my sarcasm well founded. :wink:
You know the best quality work being reserved for a chosen elite.
That sounds no different to getting a start on AJ Bull’s or Drinkwater’s Surrey County’s bulk refuse work even when I was already doing the job on the council.

Sarcasm or not but that was just how it should have been: the long serving drivers getting the pick of the work.

No it’s not how ‘it should have been’.
It’s an elitist face fits discriminatory career progression regime that holds back and demoralises new blood.
So what’s wrong with sharing and rotaring the runs and jobs so everyone gets their fair share of rough with smooth.
While we all know it doesen’t stop at that.
New class 2 and class 1 drivers being lumbered with class 3 work because more ‘experienced’ drivers think that they’ve got a god given right to all the cream while new blood entering the industry is expected to be lumbered with all the zb.Just as I was.
While there’s no guarantee that when they’ve been lumbered with it that the bs ‘experience’ word won’t continue to then be used against them on the basis of show willing to take all the zb then you’ll be expected to stay on it because you’re seen as a mug.
While there is always the lucky exceptions that are allowed to leap frog the whole mess because their face fits.
Bearing in mind the adverts I posted didn’t provide for any type of new inexperienced drivers to be considered as recruitment material in the sector.
Then they’ve got the nerve to moan about a ‘driver shortage’.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

In other words you had it easy compared to me

I’d call obviously fast tracked from buses to international coach work to international class 1 box work easy.
I’m not seeing any significant time spent on vans, 7.5 tonners and class 3 uk work or in fact much uk work at all.
But it’s difficult to pin down anything you supposedly did and where and when because your average employment term with any employer could be measured in months.
Then you’ve got the nerve to call a broken back through too much hand ball ‘easy’.
As I’ve been told loads of times here my years lumbered with driving too many class 3 council wagons as a class 2 driver didn’t do my credibility any good.Even when competing for better jobs against those entering the industry up to 10 years after me.
Easy you’re avin a larf.

Don’t be put off by “experience required” adverts. When I was employing people I used to put that but it wasn’t a closed shop, you do get to see more of a person though and weed put the ones who just see that and give up - you don’t want then anyway as it shows a lack of gumption.

I often took on new passes based on the person - the trade off is you know they might drop a clanger but that at the end you’d get them doing it your own way because that’s what they’ve been shown.

toonsy:
Don’t be put off by “experience required” adverts. When I was employing people I used to put that but it wasn’t a closed shop, you do get to see more of a person though and weed put the ones who just see that and give up - you don’t want then anyway as it shows a lack of gumption.

I often took on new passes based on the perso tools. the trade off is you know they might drop a clanger but that at the end you’d get them doing it your own way because that’s what they’ve been shown.

Tjats pretty.much what I said somewhere in this thread towns. So newbies, give it a whirl, you never know.

ETS:
No time to read all 70 posts but just asking if you can make £700-800 pw. in the bank for 50ish hours on tippers with no night out? If not what’s the hours/money like

You are most likely to earn an hourly rate in the region of £10.00 per hour you may get some sort of bonus on top , butnot likely to achieve more than £600. per week.

We were all newbies at the start , might have to take rough jobs at first until you earned a name as a decent worker . After that things get easier as your reputation is noticed by better companies .

Up until a year ago I had never done tippers. I baled out of car transporters just before lock down 1. Now have a job with the flexibility to be out all week or home every night or anything in-between. Money isn’t alot less than I was on and much less pressure. It’s all about finding the right company. Wouldn’t bother with anything paying on percentage, stick to hourly rates. I generally do aggregates and some bio solids. Currently on a job in Preston doing dredging waste.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Carryfast:
[
I’m not seeing any significant time spent on vans, 7.5 tonners and class 3 uk work or in fact much uk work at all.

Seen where exactly? Done plenty, including covering my brothers holidays doing 70/80 drops round Swansea in his van. Or 25/30 drops round central London delivering clothes in a 7.5t for DTS, a job where you just had to at best get as close to store as you can then wheel rails of very expensive clothes down the street. Also we had work on agency driving bin lorries and did a few of those hateful shifts. Plus Plenty of rigids on supermarkets too, often to central London stores with limited access tipping off the tail life. And frankly having been at it already longer you ever have I’ve probably done more miles in U.K. than you. But this covers EXACTLY your problem. You make up peoples lives and then get angry about their perceived charmed life forgetting that it’s all just in your head. I’ve done work so s*** you wouldnt even entertain the idea

Good evening first post so please excuse any errors
After years of crap jobs to get experience I found it easier with smaller companies who was prepared to train you to their way of working,rather than trying to get the dream job that invariably never existed.

cheesynuts7:
Good evening first post so please excuse any errors
After years of crap jobs to get experience I found it easier with smaller companies who was prepared to train you to their way of working,rather than trying to get the dream job that invariably never existed.

I wouldn’t call driving an 8 wheeler refuse bulker ‘a dream job that never existed’.
The reasons why new mugs are expected to take all the zb while the ‘experienced’ drivers keep all the cream will still be there just the same after years of them doing it.
Except by then they’ll be seen as mugs who’ll take zb work and all the ‘experience’ gained in the ‘wrong’ jobs still won’t count.
That applies on agency or employed.Especially on agency.
With hindsight I’d never accept any advice to take months, let alone ‘years’, of crap work based on the carrot that it will help to open doors later.
It’s a scam to keep the best work for a chosen few worse than any Union closed shop.

switchlogic:
Or 25/30 drops round central London delivering clothes in a 7.5t for DTS,

Those clothes deliveries must have been so hard work.Let me guess possibly even on wheeled racks.
So not exactly a day of yard labouring/loading/unloading/stacking/erecting/striking/loading/yard labouring scaffolding and shuttering or hand balling paving slabs on zb class 3 work on agency.With more than 5 years of ‘experience’ and with a class 1 licence at that point.
Or yard labouring duties during my 5 years as a council driver.When I should have been driving an 8 wheeler bulker.
You couldn’t have been doing it for long bearing in mind the amount of jobs, including bus/coach driving, on your CV.Where did you find all this supposed time to be doing all these supposed zb jobs how old are you 100.