How is class 2 Tipper work?

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
‘Up the ladder’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: We’re lorry drivers chap, not lawyers or doctors. We’re all at same level

(The small amount of tipper work I did was agency)

A move from driving a scaffolding truck or local hiab building deliveries or multi drop to an 8 wheeler roro Bulker is definitely a move up the ladder unless there’s something seriously wrong with the bulker job.

Tipper/Bulker work on agency :open_mouth: when, where, which agency we must be from different planets.

In your opinion, I’m pretty sure I’d rather do builder merchant deliveries than roro work but then we are all different and some are much more different than others.

I’d take a day of shorter runs dropping stuff here or there over a long several hour stint tip and return without any problem. I don’t mind doing the distance work but find it gets a bit tedious so would rather break the day up more. Each to their own.

8wheels:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
‘Up the ladder’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: We’re lorry drivers chap, not lawyers or doctors. We’re all at same level

(The small amount of tipper work I did was agency)

A move from driving a scaffolding truck or local hiab building deliveries or multi drop to an 8 wheeler roro Bulker is definitely a move up the ladder unless there’s something seriously wrong with the bulker job.

Tipper/Bulker work on agency :open_mouth: when, where, which agency we must be from different planets.

In your opinion, I’m pretty sure I’d rather do builder merchant deliveries than roro work but then we are all different and some are much more different than others.

I’d take a day of shorter runs dropping stuff here or there over a long several hour stint tip and return without any problem. I don’t mind doing the distance work but find it gets a bit tedious so would rather break the day up more. Each to their own.

Yeah right assuming your user name is accurate. :unamused: :laughing:
Tell all the mug newbies driving an 8 wheeler tipper/bulker is zb work.Much better to do 50 handball drops with a 7.5 tonner or building deliveries with 4 wheeler.
By that logic no one would ever have bothered getting a proper class 2 or a class 1 v class 3 and agencies would be full of 8 wheeler work which no one wants.As opposed to loads of 7.5t and 12/18 t jobs.
Since when was driving a tipper or a bulker ‘distance work’.

switchlogic:
Nope, it’s all just sideways, thinking there’s any sort of hierarchy is pointless. One man’s meat is another man’s gristle. To some the ultimate is tramping across Europe to others that sounds like a nightmare and they’d rather do 8 hours a day for a supermarket. There’s no up or down.

Yep I get it now on this planet the agencies are full of class 1 international jobs and 8 wheeler tipper and bulker work.New drivers no experience welcome.
The move from class 3 scaffolding wagon to class 1 International is a sideways one not an upward one.
The adverts which I posted were somehow just a link to the planet I was on before. :wink: :laughing:

Oh wait or it’s all just part of the same plot of keeping the best jobs for the chosen elite.While telling ‘outsiders’ that tippers/bulkers/class 1 international is really all zb work and they are far better off driving a 4 wheeler hiab wagon for the local builders merchant or doing 7.5t multi drop. :smiling_imp: :unamused:

I’ll leave the OP to decide.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Nope, it’s all just sideways, thinking there’s any sort of hierarchy is pointless. One man’s meat is another man’s gristle. To some the ultimate is tramping across Europe to others that sounds like a nightmare and they’d rather do 8 hours a day for a supermarket. There’s no up or down.

Yep I get it now on this planet the agencies are full of class 1 international jobs and 8 wheeler tipper and bulker work.New drivers no experience welcome.
The move from class 3 scaffolding wagon to class 1 International is a sideways one not an upward one.
The adverts which I posted were somehow just a link to the planet I was on before. :wink: :laughing:

Oh wait or it’s all just part of the same plot of keeping the best jobs for the chosen elite.While telling ‘outsiders’ that tippers/bulkers/class 1 international is really all zb work and they are far better off driving a 4 wheeler hiab wagon for the local builders merchant or doing 7.5t multi drop. :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Not much of that makes any sense. But you never learn do you? Your silly belief about seniority is one of the things that shafted you, causing you to stay at UPS as you didn’t want to give up seniority (that only exists in your head)

So, this ‘plot’, this ‘chosen elite’…how did I end up joining? I seem to have misplaced my membership card. Do you never realise how ridiculous and stupid you sound?

pete smith:

switchlogic:

pete smith:
Switch,
I noticed you have put 19 yr old on your signature, was that the age you passed your PSV/HGV?

Just a lame joke really, it changes, after Carryfast kept calling me a ‘young bus driver’ :smiley:

I thought you had done it via the young drivers scheme! :smiley:

Just made me realise another 6 weeks of tipper work I did. As a kid, on a rubbish dump.

This is the time I rolled it :smiley:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Not much of that makes any sense. But you never learn do you? Your silly belief about seniority is one of the things that shafted you, causing you to stay at UPS as you didn’t want to give up seniority (that only exists in your head)

So, this ‘plot’, this ‘chosen elite’…how did I end up joining? I seem to have misplaced my membership card. Do you never realise how ridiculous and stupid you sound?

How could ‘seniority’ have caused me to ‘stay at UPS’ when I was ready to pack my bags and walk away to a bright new future on international work which the ‘EMPLOYER’ then effectively withdrew the job offer luckily before I’d handed in my notice.That being just about the closest I ever got from countless job enquiries.You’re confusing not being prepared to chuck seniority away for no return with not wanting to give it up.

Your suggestion that there isn’t a closed shop based on the bs ‘experience’ word in the case of tippers/bulkers just like the best class 1 jobs is what’s silly.
When the evidence is put in front of you.
You really won’t generally find those jobs on agencies or open to new ‘inexperienced drivers’ for exactly that reason.
Yes we know some can circumvent the ‘experience’ closed shop ‘if’ their face fits.

Maybe that didn’t come across quite how I meant.

As my name implies I’ve been am 8 wheeler pilot for many years but moving plant / materials. Most of work fits the pattern I describe doing localish work with occasional longer runs. I was quite happy when a I recent Essex to Hull and return in a day was given to my colleague, he was happy to do the early start and long run and I did all the other bits. I’d rather be doing a mix of driving / loading / crane etc. In my opinion it makes the day more interesting.

In the builders merchant doing Hiab delivery work I’d rather that than tippers or bulkers. Which may not be distance but will involve a lot of time in the cab either driving or waiting.

That’s just my outlook, just pointing out that everyone is different.

8wheels:

Maybe that didn’t come across quite how I meant.

As my name implies I’ve been am 8 wheeler pilot for many years but moving plant / materials. Most of work fits the pattern I describe doing localish work with occasional longer runs. I was quite happy when a I recent Essex to Hull and return in a day was given to my colleague, he was happy to do the early start and long run and I did all the other bits. I’d rather be doing a mix of driving / loading / crane etc. In my opinion it makes the day more interesting.

In the builders merchant doing Hiab delivery work I’d rather that than tippers or bulkers. Which may not be distance but will involve a lot of time in the cab either driving or waiting.

That’s just my outlook, just pointing out that everyone is different.

He should know what job you did as he knackered your other thread up talking ■■■■■■■■ about A frame drawbars

switchlogic:

pete smith:

switchlogic:

pete smith:
Switch,
I noticed you have put 19 yr old on your signature, was that the age you passed your PSV/HGV?

Just a lame joke really, it changes, after Carryfast kept calling me a ‘young bus driver’ :smiley:

I thought you had done it via the young drivers scheme! :smiley:

Just made me realise another 6 weeks of tipper work I did. As a kid, on a rubbish dump.0

:smiley: Are these the right dumpers for the job Luke?! I think those early Volvo’s had 6 x 2 drive train and a trailing rear axle, same engine as an F7 I think.

pete smith:

switchlogic:

pete smith:

pete smith:
Switch,

Just made me realise another 6 weeks of tipper work I did. As a kid, on a rubbish dump.0

:smiley: Are these the right dumpers for the job Luke?! I think those early Volvo’s had 6 x 2 drive train and a trailing rear axle, same engine as an F7 I think.

Carryfast said, "He should have had a Euclid with a Detroit Diesel and not that piece of junk with a low powered small bore engine lubricated with glaziers putty.

Carryfast:
Tell all the mug newbies driving an 8 wheeler tipper/bulker is zb work.Much better to do 50 handball drops with a 7.5 tonner or building deliveries with 4 wheeler.
By that logic no one would ever have bothered getting a proper class 2 or a class 1 v class 3 and agencies would be full of 8 wheeler work which no one wants.As opposed to loads of 7.5t and 12/18 t jobs.

Depends what you call ‘distance work’ really? From the limestone quarry I worked from in Derbyshire there were class 2 tipper runs into Cornwall, Kent, Essex, Kent, Somerset, Isle of Wight, and carting tarmac to south west wales. Scotland as well. Maybe not ‘distance’ as in running over the water etc but not all class 2 tipper runs are local only.

Pete.

windrush:

Carryfast:
Yeah right assuming your user name is accurate. :unamused: [emoji38]

Depends what you call ‘distance work’ really? From the limestone quarry I worked from in Derbyshire there were class 2 tipper runs into Cornwall, Kent, Essex, Kent, Somerset, Isle of Wight, and carting tarmac to south west wales. Scotland as well. Maybe not ‘distance’ as in running over the water etc but not all class 2 tipper runs are local only.

Pete.

Fair few bulk tippers on ferries too. Spuds, beet, grain, and loads of other agricultural stuff.
(Not often rigids, but bulkers, none the less)

windrush:

Pete.

Sounds like a great exception proving rules.Let me guess none of the ‘experienced’ drivers wanted to do those runs, new inexperienced drivers welcome.
If not often put out to agency drivers but who also didn’t want it and preferred class 3 local building materials deliveries and 7.5t multi drop. :wink: :laughing:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

How could ‘seniority’ have caused me to ‘stay at UPS’ when I was ready to pack my bags and walk away to a bright new future on international work which the ‘EMPLOYER’ then effectively withdrew the job offer luckily before I’d handed in my notice.That being just about the closest I ever got from countless job enquiries.You’re confusing not being prepared to chuck seniority away for no return with not wanting to give it up.

Your suggestion that there isn’t a closed shop based on the bs ‘experience’ word in the case of tippers/bulkers just like the best class 1 jobs is what’s silly.
When the evidence is put in front of you.
You really won’t generally find those jobs on agencies or open to new ‘inexperienced drivers’ for exactly that reason.
Yes we know some can circumvent the ‘experience’ closed shop ‘if’ their face fits.

You said it chap, not me

You live in a fantasy land. I bet you’ve lied so much to yourself over the years I doubt you even know what’s true anymore

Carryfast:
[
When the evidence is put in front of you…

Still can’t answer then how people enter this closed shop, this elite you supposedly think exists.

Evidence? From you, don’t be hilarious old fruit, you never provide any evidence. You basically just trot out a load of adverts and the example of your own crap career and you think it trumps everything I and everyone like me says, our real world experience. That’s what’s silly, you thinking that a man out of the industry two decades knows anything about it. So yeah, sort of no wonder you believe all that conspiracy bs too when you believe every bit of nonsense spouted at you. Some of us aren’t so gullible

Have a lovely evening sweetpea

switchlogic:
You said it chap, not me

You live in a fantasy land. I bet you’ve lied so much to yourself over the years I doubt you even know what’s true anymore

You seem to have selectively left out the rest of the post.
You know like ‘‘give us ( me ) the choice of working for the subbies with automatic transfer’’ similar to TUPE.
Not having to compete for my own job with upstarts and usurpers taking my work/job opportunities and at best losing all my hard earned employment rights in the process.
Which is why we have the TUPE regs.So you’re saying they should be abolished and transfer of undertakings should mean having to reapply for your job as a new starter if you’re lucky enough to be chosen from all the other applicants.You know applicants like you.

Also why would the ‘international experience’ face fits issue have been any different anyway.Which is probably why I don’t remember even being given the choice before the firm handed over the work.I’m sure you would have been ecstatic if your guvnor had ( rightly ) said that you have to go because giving us the job was part of the deal of pulling our trailers and loads.

So why didn’t you quote it all instead of just the bit that suits you. :unamused:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
[
When the evidence is put in front of you…

Still can’t answer then how people enter this closed shop, this elite you supposedly think exists.

Evidence? From you, don’t be hilarious old fruit, you never provide any evidence. You basically just trot out a load of adverts and the example of your own crap career and you think it trumps everything I and everyone like me says, our real world experience. That’s what’s silly, you thinking that a man out of the industry two decades knows anything about it. So yeah, sort of no wonder you believe all that conspiracy bs too when you believe every bit of nonsense spouted at you. Some of us aren’t so gullible

Have a lovely evening sweetpea

At least real world adverts are better than any of the made up bs that you’ve provided so far based on nothing but your own exceptionally privileged career progression.Others don’t always get that luxury.

Carryfast:

windrush:

Pete.

Sounds like a great exception proving rules.Let me guess none of the ‘experienced’ drivers wanted to do those runs, new inexperienced drivers welcome.
If not often put out to agency drivers but who also didn’t want it and preferred class 3 local building materials deliveries and 7.5t multi drop. :wink: :laughing:

You know now’t about it Carryfast! :unamused: To get on any of those longer runs (apart from feeding Britsh Sugar at Felsted, Essex, when they needed a large daily tonnage in the beet season) you needed a few years service under your belt. It was a good few years before I was allowed on them and usually somebody had to retire first. Otherwise it was just local runs around Staffs and Derbyshire or to the Greater Manchester, West Midlands and Yorkshire areas for new starters, usually with tarmac.

Pete.

windrush:

Carryfast:

windrush:

Pete.

You know now’t about it Carryfast! :unamused: To get on any of those longer runs (apart from feeding Britsh Sugar at Felsted, Essex, when they needed a large daily tonnage in the beet season) you needed a few years service under your belt. It was a good few years before I was allowed on them and usually somebody had to retire first. Otherwise it was just local runs around Staffs and Derbyshire or to the Greater Manchester, West Midlands and Yorkshire areas for new starters, usually with tarmac.

Pete.

You do know I was being sarcastic and you’ve proven my sarcasm well founded. :wink:
You know the best quality work being reserved for a chosen elite.
That sounds no different to getting a start on AJ Bull’s or Drinkwater’s Surrey County’s bulk refuse work even when I was already doing the job on the council.
No problem Switch would have found a way to get onto those runs within a day of upgrading his bus licence. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

And I’ll ask AGAIN…how are this ‘chosen elite’ chosen exactly?

(I did lots of bulk refuse work for London Waste on agency. One of the agency’s biggest customers. Didn’t feel very elite. You know you’ve had a rubbish career when carrying rubbish is something to aim for :smiley: )