How is class 2 Tipper work?

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Or 25/30 drops round central London delivering clothes in a 7.5t for DTS,

Those clothes deliveries must have been so hard work.Let me guess possibly even on wheeled racks.
So not exactly a day of yard labouring/loading/unloading/stacking/erecting/striking/loading/yard labouring scaffolding and shuttering or hand balling paving slabs on zb class 3 work on agency.With more than 5 years of ‘experience’ and with a class 1 licence at that point.
Or yard labouring duties during my 5 years as a council driver.When I should have been driving an 8 wheeler bulker.
You couldn’t have been doing it for long bearing in mind the amount of jobs, including bus/coach driving, on your CV.Where did you find all this supposed time to be doing all these supposed zb jobs how old are you 100.

‘Let me guess’ you say…

switchlogic:
Or 25/30 drops round central London delivering clothes in a 7.5t for DTS, a job where you just had to at best get as close to store as you can then wheel rails

FFS it’s the same sentence :smiley: When did you get so crap at debating. I seem to remember you were quite good once and a worthy opponent.

Cages and rails can be hard work too, esp when as frail as you seem to be. You have to go to store to get the rails, then unload off the rails in the truck onto the rails in the street. You found a few boxes hard, trust me doing that 30 times a day would totally defeat you. My first job on agency and most frequent was Iceland with single axle urban trailers in Volvo FLs tipping off wonky tail lifts at London stores

There’s plenty of other class one jobs you’d have hated too. For every trip to Italy with Virginia i did 2 runs round U.K., London runs particularly hard delivering to butchers shops. You think parcels are heavy, try boxes and sides of meat. Plenty of hand tipping in Italy too, you wouldn’t have liked most of our euro work either as the vast majority was multi drop, Italy my favourites would normally be at least 10 drops , often 15, think 18 was the most I did, usually the full length of Italy, not uncommon to have last drop 1000k+ from first, esp when first was in south of France as was often the way. Some unloading by hand but Italians tend to expect the driver to do less. Why did I do so well at Virginia? Same as anywhere. Yeah I made one monumental mistake, but at that point they, my employers, the Coles and still very much a family firm saw that I took full responsibility for my massive mistake from the get go, and James Cole on accident scene could see how upset and mortified I was that I’d fd up so badly, and they saw the value in me. Saw the value in someone that just buckled down and got on with whatever he was asked to do. Be that Smithfield Market, car parts in a curtainsider to Swindon, local work in Ireland loading transformers on a flat getting wet, delivering tankers of cream to Baileys, or multi drop the length of Italy. And did it well with no moaning and they were generally able to give a delivery time in Rome as I was loading in Ireland and know I’d almost certainly be there. On longer runs I’d generally talk to office maybe once a week. They’d just watch me on tracker mostly. Nothing unusual in that, there’s a huge number of get on with it drivers like me. (There’s also too many big talking wkers who couldn’t tie their laces but they only make likes of me worth more so all good) My brother was same, as is my Dad. (Both also worked at Virginia). My view which seems different to yours is I’m there to help out doing whatever they need.

But hey, I’m I guess 20 years younger than you with a longer career already, been driving 25 years this year. So nice try, but not quite. Some of us can squeeze quite a lot of entertaining life into 25 years. As I’ve repeatedly pointed out there’s nothing remarkable or unusual about my career. Yours in the unusual one in this industry, You seemingly had done 3 jobs and had been retired several years at my age I’m at now, and it seems in at least two of those jobs you hardly drove anyway, so I get why you are bitter. You gave up on life and now you regret it. God speed

switchlogic:
Cages and rails can be hard work too, esp when as frail as you seem to be. You have to go to store to get the rails, then unload off the rails in the truck onto the rails in the street. You found a few boxes hard, trust me doing that 30 times a day would totally defeat you. My first job on agency and most frequent was Iceland with single axle urban trailers in Volvo FLs tipping off wonky tail lifts at London stores

There’s plenty of other class one jobs you’d have hated too. For every trip to Italy with Virginia i did 2 runs round U.K., London runs particularly hard delivering to butchers shops. You think parcels are heavy, try boxes and sides of meat. Plenty of hand tipping in Italy too, you wouldn’t have liked most of our euro work either as the vast majority was multi drop, Italy my favourites would normally be at least 10 drops , often 15, think 18 was the most I did, usually the full length of Italy, not uncommon to have last drop 1000k+ from first, esp when first was in south of France as was often the way. Some unloading by hand but Italians tend to expect the driver to do less. Why did I do so well at Virginia? Same as anywhere. Yeah I made one monumental mistake, but at that point they, my employers, the Coles and still very much a family firm saw that I took full responsibility for my massive mistake from the get go, and James Cole on accident scene could see how upset and mortified I was that I’d fd up so badly, and they saw the value in me. Saw the value in someone that just buckled down and got on with whatever he was asked to do. Be that Smithfield Market, car parts in a curtainsider to Swindon, local work in Ireland loading transformers on a flat getting wet, delivering tankers of cream to Baileys, or multi drop the length of Italy. And did it well with no moaning and they were generally able to give a delivery time in Rome as I was loading in Ireland and know I’d almost certainly be there. On longer runs I’d generally talk to office maybe once a week. They’d just watch me on tracker mostly. Nothing unusual in that, there’s a huge number of get on with it drivers like me. (There’s also too many big talking wkers who couldn’t tie their laces but they only make likes of me worth more so all good) My brother was same, as is my Dad. (Both also worked at Virginia). My view which seems different to yours is I’m there to help out doing whatever they need.

But hey, I’m I guess 20 years younger than you with a longer career already, been driving 25 years this year. So nice try, but not quite. Some of us can squeeze quite a lot of entertaining life into 25 years. As I’ve repeatedly pointed out there’s nothing remarkable or unusual about my career. Yours in the unusual one in this industry, You seemingly had done 3 jobs and had been retired several years at my age I’m at now, and it seems in at least two of those jobs you hardly drove anyway, so I get why you are bitter. You gave up on life and now you regret it. God speed

Cages and rails hard work compared to building work like scaffolding and shuttering and being used as a yard and site labourer as required.
So you’ve done 25 years work so far.
About the same as I did from the age of 16.I was working in the factory until I was over 18 so obviously yet another lucky break for you.
You call running to Italy then doing a few bulk drops 600 miles apart a multi drop job.No that’s International distance bulk work.

Which part of I broke my back because I just got on with it didn’t you understand.You’re the one saying I should have walked away, with a disciplinary for refusing, for a reference.

I didn’t give up on anything my mistake was buying all the bs start at the bottom so you can get the ‘experience’ to move onto better things.When what it actually means is take all the zb so that a chosen few can keep it all to themselves.

Yes I know someone else who was mortified after he rolled an artic down an embankment off the A5.He was given his summary dismissal while he was still in hospital.
Ironically my guvnor justifiably known as the Rotweiller was more bothered about having to do that than the zb was about sacking me on medical grounds. :unamused:

Oh and the driver who was mortified literally after flying off a motorway over pass apparently the result of a jacknife with a unit which I’d refused to drive previously in large part because of its grabbing brakes.Yeh a real militant I am.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Edit- Interesting question: how long after getting your licence was it before you got your first chance at a truck driving job?

I was actually shunting fire trucks off road.Before I passed my Class 2 test a couple of weeks after my 21st Birthday.They paid for my training and test ‘so’ that I could drive them on road and at places like Chobham for testing.So I was driving fire trucks on road within a matter of days after my test because I was already working there as a works driver up to 7.5 tonner.

So you got your test paid for and a job straight after while I had to pay for my own, training plus 3 tests, C & C+E x2 and took nearly four years of trying before I got my first job and you like to make out I’m the one that had it easy? Ok then :smiley:

Dennis Mower_LI.jpg

Wheel Nut:

Carryfast:
I was actually shunting fire trucks off road.Before I passed my Class 2 test a couple of weeks after my 21st Birthday.They paid for my training and test ‘so’ that I could drive them on road and at places like Chobham for testing.So I was driving fire trucks on road within a matter of days after my test because I was already working there as a works driver up to 7.5 tonner.

[/quote]
Some mower. :unamused:
youtube.com/watch?v=8tR0bfbf9gg

Carryfast:
Cages and rails hard work compared to building work like scaffolding and shuttering and being used as a yard and site labourer as required.
So you’ve done 25 years work so far.
About the same as I did from the age of 16.I was working in the factory until I was over 18 so obviously yet another lucky break for you.
You call running to Italy then doing a few bulk drops 600 miles apart a multi drop job.No that’s International distance bulk work.

Which part of I broke my back because I just got on with it didn’t you understand.You’re the one saying I should have walked away, with a disciplinary for refusing, for a reference.

I didn’t give up on anything my mistake was buying all the bs start at the bottom so you can get the ‘experience’ to move onto better things.When what it actually means is take all the zb so that a chosen few can keep it all to themselves.

Yes I know someone else who was mortified after he rolled an artic down an embankment off the A5.He was given his summary dismissal while he was still in hospital.
Ironically my guvnor justifiably known as the Rotweiller was more bothered about having to do that than the zb was about sacking me on medical grounds. :unamused:

Oh and the driver who was mortified literally after flying off a motorway over pass apparently the result of a jacknife with a unit which I’d refused to drive previously in large part because of its grabbing brakes.Yeh a real militant I am.

So, let’s pick this tirade of b/s apart then. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel

Carryfast:

FFS Dementia is really setting in isn’t it. 25 years DRIVING. I’ve told you more than once I spent 3 and a half years as an apprentice mechanic, working out in all weathers doing things your feeble back would have self destructed at sight of. So lucky break? Where was that?

Carryfast:

International distance ‘bulk’ work? Sorry, never drove a tipper abroad, it was fridges. (Stop making s**t up goes for ridiculously and pompously renaming things as well as people’s life story)

Carryfast:
I didn’t give up on anything

You gave up working didnt you? For some spurious reason as far as I can see. You’re the ultimate quitter, you quit working life for a life sat on your arse ■■■■■■■■ about anyone and everyone you can think of online a consuming quite remarkable amount of conspiracy ■■■■■■■■. If only you had used your time for something worthwhile.

Carryfast:
You’re the one saying I should have walked away, with a disciplinary for refusing, for a reference.

Nope. I’m the one saying you made your decisions, you go on and on about f*****g your life up and blaming every man and his dog. I’m one man saying stop whinging like a ■■■■■ and get a grip. You are really ■■■■■■■■ all over your remaining years by being so bitter. I’ve been on my deathbed, it’s not a place you want regrets to fill your mind, sort your life out, it’s never too late.

Still not seen ANY explanation as to how anyone becomes one of the ‘chosen few’ from you. As I said elsewhere it’s more likely that you’ve a s**t personality that causes people to crap on you constantly. But everything can be changed, even personalities. But you strike me as one of those bloody minded idiots I’ve met too many of who’d rather shoot themselves in the head than change and grow mentally. But in case you aren’t I’ll give you some tips if you like as I’ve done that too, I’m a totally different person to who I was 20 years ago

Honest truth- Your posts make me veer between pity and laughing. You come across as so very pathetic it’s hard not to feel sorry for you.

Good evening to you my geriatric friend

quietly awaits the next stream of hilarious b**hit

switchlogic:
So, let’s pick this tirade of b/s apart then. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel

Carryfast:

FFS Dementia is really setting in isn’t it.25 years DRIVING . I’ve told you more than once I spent three and a half years as an apprentice mechanic, working out in all weathers doing things your feeble back would have self destructed at sight of. So lucky break? Where was that?

Carryfast:

International distance ‘bulk’ work? Sorry, never drove a tipper abroad, it was fridges. (Stop making s**t up goes for ridiculously and pompously renaming things as well as people’s life story)

Carryfast:
I didn’t give up on anything

You gave up working didnt you? For some spurious reason as far as I can see. You’re the ultimate quitter, you quit working life for a life sat on your arse ■■■■■■■■ about anyone and everyone you can think of online a consuming quite remarkable amount of conspiracy [zb]. If only you had used your time for something worthwhile.

Carryfast:
You’re the one saying I should have walked away, with a disciplinary for refusing, for a reference.

Nope. I’m the one saying you made your decisions, you go on and on about f*****g your life up and blaming every man and his dog. I’m one man saying stop whinging like a ■■■■■ and get a grip. You are really ■■■■■■■■ all over your remaining years by being so bitter. I’ve been on my deathbed, it’s not a place you want regrets to fill your mind, sort your life out, it’s never too late.

Still not seen ANY explanation as to how anyone becomes one of the ‘chosen few’ from you. As I said elsewhere it’s more likely that you’ve a s**t personality that causes people to crap on you constantly. But everything can be changed, even personalities. But you strike me as one of those bloody minded idiots I’ve met too many of who’d rather shoot themselves in the head than change and grow mentally. But in case you aren’t I’ll give you some tips if you like as I’ve done that too, I’m a totally different person to who I was 20 years ago

Honest truth- Your posts make me veer between pity and laughing. You come across as so very pathetic it’s hard not to feel sorry for you.

Good evening to you my geriatric friend

quietly awaits the next stream of hilarious b**hit

You’re the one who can’t count and you say I’ve got dementia.
You say you’re 20 years younger than me ?.
42 - 25 years DRIVING = 17.So you were out driving as soon as you got your car licence ?.
How could you have been working as a mechanic for 3.5 years before that unless you left school before the age of 14.
A ‘mechanic’ isn’t a driver.So which is it you actually started driving commercially later than me ? which makes all your bs concerning supposedly no face fits progression regime even worse ?.
I didn’t zb my life up I went out to work and did what I had to do to make a living.
My back didn’t self destruct until the age of almost 40 being used to do what previously we’d used mainly forklifts and pallet trucks for and any remaining handball on top of that shared among loads of warehouse staff and only at each end of a run not transhipped again in a stupid hub system.

The numbers, regarding my position in the industry v yours at the equivalent ages, prove that the industry’s zb’d up, arbitrary face fits, fast track, career progression for some, at the expense of others, is what zb’d up my career.No surprise that the winners in that scam would want to kick the losers to justify their lucky breaks.

Bulk drops.You know like a pallet or two or three.
Unless you’re saying that they sent you from one end of Italy to the other just to drop off 10-25 kgs of meat products.That would have paid well.
Which obviously still wouldn’t be tipping and loading a loose artic load floor to ceiling all handball every night for months.

As for your so called physically demanding spannering job leave it out.Just collecting material from the stores and drilling chassis rails during my time in the factory would have been more graft than that.

Let alone yard duties during my 5 years on the council and recovering dead plant single handed ‘in all weathers’ including winter '81/'82 among others. :unamused:
So you’ve proved that you don’t know the difference between distance bulk v local multi drop deliveries and somehow you’ve fitted 28 1/2 years of working life so far into a 42 year lifespan.
You think that termination of employment on medical grounds means I gave up the job voluntarily.
No I just said that I ain’t handballing anymore artic truck loads.Just like you didn’t have to when you were pulling our trailers or driving buses and coaches at least.
Says it all.

So back to the topic.Tippers/bulkers usually not very interesting localish work but a lot easier than many other types of job.
No load handling get keys from office do the runs required park up hand in keys go home.
That’s why it’s obviously as much of a dead man’s shoes coveted sector now as it was when I worked for the council trying to get a break doing similar work but with a more productive truck which I had the licence for and working for a council sub contractor.Oh wait.

Well thanks for your kind reply carryfast
You do seem to be a little bitter about any one’s opinion other than your own .
I’m sure some will take note but my impression is that you’re speaking out your behind , so good luck with your ■■■■ waving competition :smiley:

I’m sure some will take note but my impression is that you’re speaking out your behind , so good luck with your ■■■■ waving competition :smiley:

Carryfast:

I think I’d had finally started questioning how people perceived my personality after a boss found sacking someone who had rolled a truck down an embankment harder than sacking me for hurting my back.(Though to be fair I’d have been doing it long before that. I’ve questioned my own often anyway) It is actually quite hilarious your crazy level of self confidence after every thing you’ve whinged about. That’s difference between you and I. I don’t have a dramatically exaggerated bulletproof opinion of myself :wink: :slight_smile: I reckon if we asked around at people you used to work with I bet you were a legendary bull****er and moaner.

Ffs Luke, you two, you’re having the same argument over 3 different threads . :neutral_face:
Are you both going for some kind of record?
You should both meet up, get a room…and either fight each other or ■■■■ each other, at least then it would be settled.

robroy:
Ffs Luke, you two, you’re having the same argument over 3 different threads . :neutral_face:
Are you both going for some kind of record?
You should both meet up, get a room…and either fight each other or [zb] each other, at least then it would be settled.

Well you’ve got to give me some credit, on more than one thread he’s given up! I’m taking on this arduous and taxing task on behalf of mankind, well, Trucknet. (And I’m not into older men for future reference)

cheesynuts7:

Maybe the OP should be the judge of that because that’s where my reply to your post was being directed for the attention of.
It just goes along the lines don’t be a mug or you’ll get treated like one.No surprise that the winners in this face fits closed shop scam don’t like the truth. :unamused:

switchlogic:
Well you’ve got to give me some credit, on more than one thread he’s given up! I’m taking on this arduous and taxing task on behalf of mankind, well, Trucknet.

I’ve learn’t that it’s best to ‘give up’ on an argument where possible before the mods do it for me.Bonus points if that just adds to your superiority complex. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

That won’t alter the fact that tippers/bulker work is generally one of those jobs where it’s loaded by mechanical shovel and tipped literally.Collect keys at start of shift hand them in at the end go home.
No surprise that it’s therefore also one of the jobs subject to the worst of the face fits recruitment policies, pandering to the usual self entitled elite using the ‘experience’ word to hide it and enforce it.

Carryfast:

cheesynuts7:

Maybe the OP should be the judge of that because that’s where my reply to your post was being directed for the attention of.
It just goes along the lines don’t be a mug or you’ll get treated like one.No surprise that the winners in this face fits closed shop scam don’t like the truth. :unamused:

‘The truth’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: of all the people on this forum you are the one with far and away the most distant relationship with ‘the truth’ on pretty much every subject you post about. Try again chap

Carryfast:
You say you’re 20 years younger than me ?.
42 - 25 years DRIVING = 17.

Just guessing from the few things you’ve said. As you are a typical Premier League bull***ter who doesn’t have the balls to put his name and face to his opinions. But, again, as I’ve said REPEATEDLY, I’m 43, later this year I’ll have been driving 25 years. I’ll also be 44. So 19, few weeks off 20 in fact. Try again. Of all the people on this forum I’m probably the single one with most information out there yet still you eff it up with nonsense.

Carryfast:
How could you have been working as a mechanic for 3.5 years before that unless you left school before the age of 14.
A ‘mechanic’ isn’t a driver.

‘A ‘mechanic’ isn’t a driver’ nothing gets past you does it :unamused: How do you get it so persistently wrong. I’ve clearly defined my driving and career before that which seems to have confused you. As for rest, Covered that. Fell bad you put so much thought into something you got wrong, but then I remembered that’s your M O

Carryfast:
So which is it you actually started driving commercially later than me ? which makes all your bs concerning supposedly no face fits progression regime even worse ?.

Have you always been this stupid?! I LITERALLY told you this on a post. I TOLD YOU! And asked you how you driving a truck from 21 and me taking YEARS to get my first chance, at 24, made my face fit and yours not. I’m sure you never used to be this stupid. I’ve been critically injured and have massive memory issues and I can still s**t all over you. Didn’t you used to be a better debater or is that my wonky memory

Carryfast:
As for your so called physically demanding spannering job leave it out.Just collecting material from the stores and drilling chassis rails during my time in the factory would have been more graft than that.

Says the man who’s clearly got ZERO experience of workshops then. I wasn’t servicing your Allegro, I was fixing buses and coaches followed by forestry machines. Machines, like harvesters and forwarders (Google them, Ponsse ones mainly) rather than chainsaws. Just to head you off at that delusional path.

Ponsse harvester. Amazing machines. As you can see the idea that trundling around in a van picking up parts or drilling holes indoors is harder than working on one of these in the rain laying in a foot of liquid mud covered in hydraulic oil and pine needles in a forest is hilarious. You were so very abused. On the odd occasion someone needed to go get a part in a van I would JUMP at the chance to have a rest in the warm.

Carryfast:
You think that termination of employment on medical grounds means I gave up the job voluntarily.

So your licence was taken then? I did ask but that’s one of those Carryfast mysteries. If it wasn’t then yes, you voluntarily gave up. I’ve worked with drivers still working who can barely move some days. And wasn’t there a story few years back about a guy in a wheelchair? That would never be you though since no one trusts you with a wheelbarrow it seems let alone spends thousands adapting a unit for you.

Carryfast:
The numbers, regarding my position in the industry v yours at the equivalent ages, prove that the industry’s zb’d up, arbitrary face fits, fast track, career progression for some, at the expense of others, is what zb’d up my career.No surprise that the winners in that scam would want to kick the losers to justify their lucky breaks.

Nah, just proves people thought you were a moaning t**t, and I wasn’t. Nothing more. It’s clearly your crap personality as you embarrass yourself with on here daily.

Carryfast:
Bulk drops.You know like a pallet or two or three.
Unless you’re saying that they sent you from one end of Italy to the other just to drop off 10-25 kgs of meat products.That would have paid well.
Which obviously still wouldn’t be tipping and loading a loose artic load floor to ceiling all handball every night for months.

Overthinking it again. I sort of made clear I was just taking the ■■■■ out of your pompous made up terminology. No one in the industry called that sort of work ‘bulk drops’. You’d know if you had any experience of the industry but sadly you don’t. You tipped and loaded an artic FOR MONTHS!? Good god, evil UPS. I’m sure you would have been able to bring a case to the European Court Of Human Rights. Well, if you believed in it. They clearly committed awful human rights atrocities against you. I for one will NEVER send a parcel with that evil organisation again as a protest. The sheer HORROR of them expecting a man in the prime of his life to load AND unload a trailer a day. Frankly barbaric actions by UPS. I wonder if their reputation will ever recover.

Carryfast:
So you’ve proved that you don’t know the difference between distance bulk v local multi drop deliveries and somehow you’ve fitted 28 1/2 years of working life so far into a 42 year lifespan.

That that again. Point one

Carryfast:
Just like you didn’t have to when you were pulling our trailers or driving buses and coaches at least.

Ah yes the VAST experience I have of the boring job of ‘pulling our (I.e UPS) trailers’. As I told you more than once I did about 6 runs for UPS and only pulled a UPS trailer once after a ■■■■ up in their office. Coaches? You’ve obviously ZERO experience of them if you think there’s no load handling multiple times a day. Luggage doesn’t get sent by magic believe it or not. Try 4/5 Heathrow to central London Airport transfers a day. You’d last about 2 hours being so frail, and that’s not even mentioning skiing work with Trailers and ski boxes. I was in best fitness of my life as a coach driver with all the luggage. It went downhill when I finally got to trucks

Eagerly awaiting the next stream of made up nonsense

^^^^ stay strong young Obiwan! As I’ve mentioned before, given your current circumstances you may just be the fella to finally force our (much) learned friend into spontaneous combustion.

Maybe this time Wales will beat England without the help of the bloody French! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
^^^^ stay strong young Obiwan! As I’ve mentioned before, given your current circumstances you may just be the fella to finally force our (much) learned friend into spontaneous combustion.

Maybe this time Wales will beat England without the help of the bloody French! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

YES! What will happen first- Carryfast giving up or the resumption of my career (something he of course could only dream of) To be honest while I do find writing posts like that above fun his reality distortion field is so strong I’m not overly confident.

Edit- Just thought this is sort of a Carryfast vs DVLA…not sure who’s more inept.

Just to clarify in case some are confused- me bigging up what I’ve done and how hard I’ve worked is just me countering CFs daft delusions about the life Ive led that is completely fictional. I’ve had a fantastic career, so far, all of of. From buses and forestry machines to driving top of the rage trucks round Europe. As I’ve repeatedly said I don’t see I’ve done anything incredible of that I’m very talented :smiley: There are thousands of drivers like me who just go to work and do their best, it’s nothing remarkable. But Carry has spun the ‘chosen elite’ work of fiction so often he blames it rather than taking responsibility in his own actions.

But yeah, I am proud of my varied and exciting career and so looking forward to restarting it ASAP.

Ps re forestry harvesters. They are such amazing machines they make Lorries look a bit boring in comparison. If you’ve never seen one working here a link

youtu.be/p4m7yyyP4cU

When it looked like I might not get licence back, injured eye, driving these was one of the options I was considering. There is, well was 20 years ago, a huge amount of money being a harvester operator. Not clued up on industry these days

switchlogic:
Eagerly awaiting the next stream of made up nonsense

All seems clear enough to me.
I was driving trucks from 7.5t dropside flat to 38t special types to 16t multi lift flat/tipper/bulker to 24t Gritters long before the equivalent age when you even drove your first truck.Then artics not long after.

But somehow I wasn’t considered as having enough ‘experience’ at ‘any’ point to be offered international work or even 8 wheeler refuse bulkers.
The fact that some how you ended up pulling any UPS trailer at all on International line haul work at a far younger age than I was when only considered as worthy of breaking my back on uk hub system work is enough.

You really think that shifting a few bits of luggage for coach passengers and having to do a bit of spannering on plant in the mud trumps actually building trucks, council yard labouring duties, broken down plant recovery and haulage in more mud and ice during those 5 years than you’d have ever seen in the short time you’ve ever held down any job for.
Then you can add building materials and scaffolding work and yard and site labouring to that.
Followed by handballing artic loads of freight floor to ceiling which of course, being one of the privileged few, you would never have known what that involved.
So exactly how many zb suit cases can 52 passengers possibly have needed let alone to be lifted on and off the roof of the zb coach.As opposed to how many heavy packages to be tipped and stacked in two artic loads in a shift 5 nights a week for months. :unamused:
You’re avin a larf and taking the ■■■■.

Carryfast:
All seems clear enough to me.
I was driving trucks from 7.5t dropside flat to 38t special types to 16t multi lift flat/tipper/bulker to 24t Gritters long before the equivalent age when you even drove your first truck.Then artics not long after.

I’m quite enjoying this Transport industry Top Trumps (remember that game! I love it as a kid)

Health and Safety people probably having a heart attack at this picture-

One of mine and my brothers regular playgrounds. One or both of us would often go with dad at weekends when he was a mechanic. I was 8 here I think. Sad to think how a childhood like this is pretty much impossible these days. I learnt and knew so much before I even drove a car let alone truck. It really is in the blood. My earliest memories are of trucks!

C8214F21-E035-4917-A9E8-98CA6323EE3C.jpeg

I at least stayed going with Dad at weekends well into my teens, my brother Simon was less interested! At Harris Plant Hire the two bosses often watched me help, I became great at lifting engines and gear boxes out of things with a mini digger. Couldn’t dig a hole for toffee with it but could lift an engine out of a Moxy and put it back! Anyway they were so impressed they offered me a job for my summer holiday, 14 or 15 I would have been, driving one of those pictured on Haverfordwest Landfill. So technically my driving career started at 14 :smiley:

Note for normal members- I’m not boasting just facts. As I’ve said so many times I’m not a rarity or anything special, just led a very entertaining life. Well, to me, you probably find my trips down memory lane deadly dull but it’s all been so helpful with my memory