How far would you drive

on friday running back to the yard i got within 15mins of the yard when
my driving time ran out.coundnt get hold off the boss so i decided to keep
going as i wanted to go home for the weekend.
(just wondering would anybody else keep going and how far would you push it)

I believe that in those circumstances, “Friday rules” apply. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would (and have) gone the fifteen minutes. Not sure I’d risk stretching it further and I don’t know what the Friday rule is; but if it works - great!

Once got held up in a RTI down in Dorset, sat there long enough to realise I’d be running really close to the wind. Grabbed a copper who was hanging around looking bored as they cleared up and got him to sign my card. He was happy enough to do it when I explained why.

I’d happily go 15 - 20 over to get back to the yard to finish for christmas.

I would just write “Driving time exceeded by 15 minutes to reach base (Article 6)” on the back of my card then sign and date it.

15-20 minutes over your driving should only attract an infringment to sign from who ever does your tacho’s,if you sign the back explaining the x/s driving you should be ok,if its a digi tacho take a printout and sign and explain the x/s driving,VOSA are looking for drivers going hours over their time,so long as you dont make a habit of it you should be ok.A warning tho’ if there are other drivers in your company who aren’t as vigilant over their hours and they happen to get a pull you could be tarred with the same brush, so be careful.

why didnt you just take you chart out then carry on. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I have done up to 40mins, always written on the back, but only ever on a journey home for the weekend.

Safe and Secure parking would be enough

twice i have gone over once by an hour due to not being informed that i was actually on a night out and the refusal to send another driver to change with me
and another time by 45 mins. My home life comes first

I personally wouldn’t drive one minute over. Our infringement forms include a disclaimer at the bottom that we may be reported for the offence. So if i need to get home, it’ll be park it up and get a taxi home.
Writing stuff on the back off the tacho is not an instant disclaimer either, plenty have been prosecuted.

Friday night meens got a saturday card and an analoge tacho :sunglasses: :wink: :wink:

Not that I would :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:
I personally wouldn’t drive one minute over. Our infringement forms include a disclaimer at the bottom that we may be reported for the offence. So if i need to get home, it’ll be park it up and get a taxi home.
Writing stuff on the back off the tacho is not an instant disclaimer either, plenty have been prosecuted.

No, but the law allows for you to exceed your permitted hours if you have encountered unexpected delays, for example an accident ahead which closes the road or to reach a safe parking area or for any reasonable cause.

I was once stopped by VOSA (or whatever they were called then) on my way into Ramsgate and I was 15 minutes over with 5 minutes left to drive. I lived in Ramsgate at the time and told them I was going home and they were fine about it.

I’ve also been stopped when I was 45 minutes over the 4.5 and I said “Look, I’ve had four drops in central London, I couldn’t stop anywhere” and again, they were fine with this.

IMPE, so long as your truck is in reasonable nick, you are polite and your cards show that you try your best to keep within the law then VOSA simply point out infringements and take no action

Usual disclaimer applies.

Mike-C:

Jobsworth!!!

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

No, but the law allows for you to exceed your permitted hours if you have encountered unexpected delays, for example an accident ahead which closes the road or to reach a safe parking area or for any reasonable cause.

I was once stopped by VOSA (or whatever they were called then) on my way into Ramsgate and I was 15 minutes over with 5 minutes left to drive. I lived in Ramsgate at the time and told them I was going home and they were fine about it.

I’ve also been stopped when I was 45 minutes over the 4.5 and I said “Look, I’ve had four drops in central London, I couldn’t stop anywhere” and again, they were fine with this.

IMPE, so long as your truck is in reasonable nick, you are polite and your cards show that you try your best to keep within the law then VOSA simply point out infringements and take no action

Usual disclaimer applies.

My mate should of got you instead of his brief :smiley:
200 quid fine for 30mins over, and he had been held up at a motorway incident and had Chemicals on board to boot :blush:

dieseldog6:
Jobsworth!!!

Don’t be like that. It’s just that Mike is from Liverpool, where folk are traditionally and by nature law-abiding. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mike-C:
My mate should of got you instead of his brief :smiley:
200 quid fine for 30mins over, and he had been held up at a motorway incident and had Chemicals on board to boot :blush:

As you say he had a poor solicitor. Article 6 covers this. I’ll look for a link to it, BRB.

Good answer…

Harry Monk:

dieseldog6:
Jobsworth!!!

Don’t be like that. It’s just that Mike is from Liverpool, where folk are traditionally and by nature law-abiding. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Plus it’s the “City of Culture”

What do you call a Scouser in a suit ?

the bridegroom :laughing:

the accused