How do you work this out

given a works car , then told to go to carnforth t/ stop to get a truck to use for week ( OK ) , but Friday I’ve got to come back to get car , get my stuff out , drive to Grantham , it took 3 hrs up here at 70 , so Friday and taking my stuff out I’m guessing 4 hrs , can only do 9 hr shift , so what happens if it takes 5 hrs home :question: it’s then a 14 hr shift , illegal , so doesn’t anyone do this , do you add a hour / two onto what you think it will take , or what :question: ta

Your clock starts ticking as soon as you started at your depot this morning,be sure to leave enough hours to drive home on Friday,driving a company vehicle still counts as working time.

As above. Not driving time but other work.

However given its Stobarts and knowing from the time I worked for them it wouldn’t surprise me if they had you doing a 13 or 15hr day and then doing the driving because I used to be at Barlborough and in the wee hours on a Monday you’d have the ESS drivers coming in to pick up a small van then drive somewhere as far as Southampton and then start a full day. Well illegal but didn’t seem to concern Stobarts that much.

That’s Friday’s steak dinner in the bin.

biggriffin:

Will be when he gets back to Carnforth on Friday and they tell him the cars been brought back by another driver so make his way back in the truck :smiley:

Friday holiday changeover day traffic nightmare the entire country. Crack on the Stobart way

Wtf is a 9hr shift?

xichrisxi:
Your clock starts ticking as soon as you started at your depot this morning,be sure to leave enough hours to drive home on Friday,driving a company vehicle still counts as working time.

it’s the comming back I’m bothered about , in theory 4 hrs should do me but even though I’ve added a hour onto the 3 apx it took to get up I’ve still got to empty the truck out , I’m wondering whether it’s better to say 4 1/2 hrs , so can only do a 8 hr 30 day

Conor:
As above. Not driving time but other work.

However given its Stobarts and knowing from the time I worked for them it wouldn’t surprise me if they had you doing a 13 or 15hr day and then doing the driving because I used to be at Barlborough and in the wee hours on a Monday you’d have the ESS drivers coming in to pick up a small van then drive somewhere as far as Southampton and then start a full day. Well illegal but didn’t seem to concern Stobarts that much.

he may try but it won’t happen , I’m just trying to be fair , do what I can but get back legally within my hours

biggriffin:

my mate said that , you’ll not get from Plymouth - carnforth - Grantham within your hours

xichrisxi:

biggriffin:

Will be when he gets back to Carnforth on Friday and they tell him the cars been brought back by another driver so make his way back in the truck :smiley:

I’ve got the keys for the car in the truck :wink:

Reef:
Wtf is a 9hr shift?

9hr shift + 4 hrs apx in a company car ( carnforth - Grantham ) = 13 hr shift :exclamation: :exclamation:

Imp:
Friday holiday changeover day traffic nightmare the entire country. Crack on the Stobart way

66 is normally clear , a1 scotch corner - Grantham is normally not bad ( bit round ferry bridge so should be ok , so I should do it in 3/4 hrs , fingers crossed

dozy:
my mate said that , you’ll not get from Plymouth - carnforth - Grantham within your hours

That’s easy.
Keep reminding them every day this week then it’s down to them with no excuses.
Then on Friday if they still decide to ■■■■ you about and you are still.at Plymouth with insufficient hours to get to Grantham via Carnforth…
Then straight to Grantham from Plymouth…job done :sunglasses:
■■■■ em. :bulb:

Bet they don’t try it on again.! :bulb:

robroy:

dozy:

That’s easy.
Then on Friday if they still decide to [zb] you about and you are still.at Plymouth with insufficient hours to get to Grantham via Carnforth…
[zb] em. :bulb:

+1

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

JUST LEAVE.
Simple.

biggriffin:

Not if I’m parked in Grantham it won’t be , plus I have a gift for his missus :laughing:

robroy:

dozy:

That’s easy.
Then on Friday if they still decide to [zb] you about and you are still.at Plymouth with insufficient hours to get to Grantham via Carnforth…
[zb] em. :bulb:

yes that was my thought rob , but. it may also be there’s , rang me and asked where the hire car keys were , in Lorry , what Lorry , the one I’m driving , wernt you told to leave them at carnforth , no , you should have been told as we dehire car & then re- hire one for you to use to get back fri, where are you , hoddeson, you can’t drop them at carnforth then , no but Dagenham is not far away , forget it
I’m wondering if there were going to dehire car and me go back to depot instead of carnforth Friday
we will see

halewood:
JUST LEAVE.
Simple.

I was but didn’t get porters job , if you know of any 8-10 hr jobs , days in Grantham I’m all ears , the hire car is ok , it’s just Friday and getting back legally that bothers me , just wonderd how those who do hol cover out of other depots work it

largebloke1969:

biggriffin:

Not if I’m parked in Grantham it won’t be , plus I have a gift for his missus :laughing:

I’m getting Lorries banned :question: :exclamation: