How do you work this out

dozy:
given a works car , then told to go to carnforth t/ stop to get a truck to use for week ( OK ) , but Friday I’ve got to come back to get car , get my stuff out , drive to Grantham , it took 3 hrs up here at 70 , so Friday and taking my stuff out I’m guessing 4 hrs , can only do 9 hr shift , so what happens if it takes 5 hrs home :question: it’s then a 14 hr shift , illegal , so doesn’t anyone do this , do you add a hour / two onto what you think it will take , or what :question: ta

Ffs you utter clown.
Yes it’s illegal, they know it’s illegal, we know it’s illegal.
Thing is it only becomes illegal once you’ve done all the work for them and get stuck somewhere on the A1 s/b in a CAR, that’s a CAR, not a Stobarts truck.
They don’t give a flying ■■■■ because they’ve already got the actual work out of you, who cares if it takes you until Saturday morning to get back, how ■■■■■■■ stupid are you?
The only comeback you have is to refuse work on Monday at a start time they set you for whenever your week starts due to your finish time and needing your full weekend break from whenever you get back on Friday due to a manual entry you could put in on Monday.
Here’s the good bit though Dozy, if you do eventually grow a pair and put that manual entry in so you have an infringement for Fridays hours guess who pays the fine, you, not Stobarts so they win again.
Story ends with you going over your hours, not complaining to those above you, not getting paid for those hours and doing whatever they tell you to do next week, life in the fast lane for one of the many green ■■■■■■■, even your mirror is too embarrassed to look at you…change the exploitation record ffs… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Norfolkinclue1:

dozy:
given a works car , then told to go to carnforth t/ stop to get a truck to use for week ( OK ) , but Friday I’ve got to come back to get car , get my stuff out , drive to Grantham , it took 3 hrs up here at 70 , so Friday and taking my stuff out I’m guessing 4 hrs , can only do 9 hr shift , so what happens if it takes 5 hrs home :question: it’s then a 14 hr shift , illegal , so doesn’t anyone do this , do you add a hour / two onto what you think it will take , or what :question: ta

Ffs you utter clown.
Thing is it only becomes illegal once you’ve done all the work for them and get stuck somewhere on the A1 s/b in a CAR, that’s a CAR, not a Stobarts truck.
They don’t give a flying [zb] because they’ve already got the actual work out of you, who cares if it takes you until Saturday morning to get back, how [zb] stupid are you?
The only comeback you have is to refuse work on Monday at a start time they set you for whenever your week starts due to your finish time and needing your full weekend break from whenever you get back on Friday due to a manual entry you could put in on Monday.
Here’s the good bit though Dozy, if you do eventually grow a pair and put that manual entry in so you have an infringement for Fridays hours guess who pays the fine, you, not Stobarts so they win again.
Story ends with you going over your hours, not complaining to those above you, not getting paid for those hours and doing whatever they tell you to do next week, life in the fast lane for one of the many green ■■■■■■■, even your mirror is too embarrassed to look at you…change the exploitation record ffs… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i drove the hire car upto carnforth today and did 4 am - 19.00 pm( manual entry from 4 am) I’m not sure what’s clownish or illegal about that :laughing: , Friday won’t be illegal unless I do 13 hrs work then another 3/4 hrs home , which I’m not going to do obviously , but it’s not easy to know how much time to leave yourself , I’m going to just say I need 4 1/2 hrs to get home leaving me 1 1/2 hrs to spare , and if I do 90 mph instead of the 70 mph I did comming up I may do it back under 3 hrs , so well within my hours and 100%legal

Norfolkinclue1:

dozy:

Ffs you utter clown.
They don’t give a flying [zb] because they’ve already got the actual work out of you, who cares if it takes you until Saturday morning to get back, how [zb] stupid are you?

Unless of course Dozy obeys the law. Gets in car with maybe an hour left on available working day? No problem.
Find hotel. Book room. Night out.
Start next day to run to home depot. Employer is liable for expenses at hotel above any night out payment. Weekly test starts on Sat after getting gear out of company car and into his home.
His steak may be a cremated offering in the oven, but overtime Sat plus late start Mon and maybe the planners won’t pull that stunt again. And if the Hotel doesn’t serve breakfast before 8 on a Saturday, no need for an early start.
QED.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Norfolkinclue1:

dozy:

Ffs you utter clown.

Unless of course Dozy obeys the law. Gets in car with maybe an hour left on available working day? No problem.
Find hotel. Book room. Night out.
Start next day to run to home depot. Employer is liable for expenses at hotel above any night out payment. Weekly test starts on Sat after getting gear out of company car and into his home.
His steak may be a cremated offering in the oven, but overtime Sat plus late start Mon and maybe the planners won’t pull that stunt again. And if the Hotel doesn’t serve breakfast before 8 on a Saturday, no need for an early start.
QED.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I’ve got the 1.6 whisper diesel so I think I should be fine

dozy:

Imp:
Friday holiday changeover day traffic nightmare the entire country. Crack on the Stobart way

66 is normally clear , a1 scotch corner - Grantham is normally not bad ( bit round ferry bridge so should be ok , so I should do it in 3/4 hrs , fingers crossed

So you go north from Carnforth to Penrith to the cross country to go south, last friday a 3:30 run down from north east took me 4:45 due to numerous traffic related issues.

dozy:

robroy:

dozy:
my mate said that , you’ll not get from Plymouth - carnforth - Grantham within your hours

That’s easy.
Keep reminding them every day this week then it’s down to them with no excuses.
Then on Friday if they still decide to [zb] you about and you are still.at Plymouth with insufficient hours to get to Grantham via Carnforth…
Then straight to Grantham from Plymouth…job done :sunglasses:
[zb] em. :bulb:

Bet they don’t try it on again.! :bulb:

yes that was my thought rob , but. it may also be there’s , rang me and asked where the hire car keys were , in Lorry , what Lorry , the one I’m driving , wernt you told to leave them at carnforth , no , you should have been told as we dehire car & then re- hire one for you to use to get back fri, where are you , hoddeson, you can’t drop them at carnforth then , no but Dagenham is not far away , forget it
I’m wondering if there were going to dehire car and me go back to depot instead of carnforth Friday
we will see

No they’ll have hired it one way up there, rehire it so they aren’t paying for it to be sat until Friday, then will rehire it.

Basically they won’t be paying for hire Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Or at least were hoping not to lol

dozy:

Imp:
Friday holiday changeover day traffic nightmare the entire country. Crack on the Stobart way

66 is normally clear , a1 scotch corner - Grantham is normally not bad ( bit round ferry bridge so should be ok , so I should do it in 3/4 hrs , fingers crossed

66 is a pain on a Friday, last few weeks I’ve lost an hour along there with the amount of traffic, you’ll hit it at Darrington, again around Marr/Doncaster, then you would be clear to Grantham. 4 hours would be a decent shout.

Just turn left at Ferrybridge, sit on the 62 'til you come to the 18, jump on that and rejoin A1 at Donny. 10-15 miles longer and about an hour quicker.

dozy:
I need 4 1/2 hrs to get home leaving me 1 1/2 hrs to spare , and if I do 90 mph instead of the 70 mph I did comming up I may do it back under 3 hrs , so well within my hours and 100%legal

:laughing:

I’m with Franglais on this - Hotel- and by the way Mr Planner I haven’t got any money left after four nights out, so you are going to have to ring through payment details on the company credit card to the hotel.

xichrisxi:

dozy:
I need 4 1/2 hrs to get home leaving me 1 1/2 hrs to spare , and if I do 90 mph instead of the 70 mph I did comming up I may do it back under 3 hrs , so well within my hours and 100%legal

:laughing:

Yeh I know. :unamused: :laughing:

he’s obviously not listening to a word I say :unamused: :smiling_imp:

dozy:
he’s obviously not listening to a word I say :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Ever feel like you are going round in circles Dozy?

34864009_1048168492013167_953703015699709952_n.jpg