How do you like your coffee?

Over recent years while doing my night trunking, I do like to stop and pick up a coffee after a couple of hours driving.
Depending on which run I am doing I have my regular stopping places and I’ve particularly got addicted to either vanilla or caramel flavoured coffee as dispensed by the coffee machines in the Smith’s shops on msa’s or the BP shops.
At one time most the coffee machines were for the Coffee Nation franchise, but they were gradually taken over by Costa Coffee and the price has slowly gone up, I think it was originally £2 for a regular size, but now it’s up to £2.89 at most places.
On the south Wales run, which I did this last Sunday night, I usually stop at the BP station at Ross on Wye, the first one after coming off the M50.
That was the only one that has for years retained the Coffee Nation machine and still only cost £2!
How surprised was I when I called on Sunday?
Apart from the fact that the bog was out of bounds because of all the work going on, there is a major revamp in the shop with a Greggs and some other food outlet being installed, and, no Coffee nation machine but two new ones giving an infinite variety of flavours, at the reasonable price of £2.20.
The other change was at the cash desk, the old girl with all the rings was not there, instead was a young lady, Polish I think, so the place has definitely come out of a time warp!

I like Starbucks, only as a treat on pay day though…:open_mouth:

Costa Latte with a vanilla shot from the machines :sunglasses:
I’ve got the Costa latte pods for my Tassimo machine as well :sunglasses:

Nescafe = £4 for a big jar which makes dozens of mugs of coffee.

bestbooties:

On the south Wales run, which I did this last Sunday night, I usually stop at the BP station at Ross on Wye, the first one after coming off the M50.
That was the only one that has for years retained the Coffee Nation machine and still only cost £2!
Apart from the fact that the bog was out of bounds because of all the work going on, there is a major revamp in the shop with a Greggs and some other food outlet being installed, and, no Coffee nation machine but two new ones giving an infinite variety of flavours, at the reasonable price of £2.20.
The other change was at the cash desk, the old girl with all the rings was not there, instead was a young lady, Polish I think, so the place has definitely come out of a time warp!

The young Polish girl is not there most of the week - there is a young lad (not sure of his accent!).
I make my own coffee with a flask and Millicano whole bean instant!

I run with a flask made up with morrisons own brand.
Strong enough to stand a spanner upright in it!

Santa:
Nescafe = £4 for a big jar which makes dozens of mugs of coffee.

^This but Douwe Egberts cos I’m a posh ■■■■ me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nescafe Azera and hot milk from the pan in my truck. Wicked!

Yep, another into self catering tea/coffee here, if its coffee its doughee eggberts however its spelt, but still got a dozen jars in the kicthen from when they were on bogoff at Morrisons.

Will not pay upwards of £2 for a plastic or cardboard cup of coffee, simply won’t do it.

For a humourous view of starbucks and the people who fall for this coffee shop farce, look up Jackie Mason on Youtube doing his starbucks routine.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4Mjnzqi5gs from 2m 15s

Nescafé espresso coffee here. Black no sugars :slight_smile:

I’m a tea man, but if I buy a hot drink always get a coffee as it tends to be a safer bet. Don’t like instant coffee, muck in a cup, has to be proper fresh filtered stuff like from a coffee shop.

I like the Gregg’s coffee and you can get a large coffee and a bacon or sausage sandwich for £3 and I think that is very good value for money and it’s from a clean establishment…
Normally have a Gregg’s as my Friday treat :smiley:

bestbooties:
Over recent years while doing my night trunking, I do like to stop and pick up a coffee after a couple of hours driving.
Depending on which run I am doing I have my regular stopping places and I’ve particularly got addicted to either vanilla or caramel flavoured coffee as dispensed by the coffee machines in the Smith’s shops on msa’s or the BP shops.
At one time most the coffee machines were for the Coffee Nation franchise, but they were gradually taken over by Costa Coffee and the price has slowly gone up, I think it was originally £2 for a regular size, but now it’s up to £2.89 at most places.

Spar at Ross by any chance?

I’ve never had a bad cup given to me free when delivering to customers. :wink:
I bring a flask with whatever instant coffee Mrs Muckaway gets when shopping.
I can’t honestly tell the difference between a white coffee made in Costa by one of their well trained and very experienced “Baristas” (I thought he was a wrestler? :laughing: ) and one from a Costa self service machine.
Nice cheap coffee from the Murco garage near Binley Woods on the A46 though.

I’m a Costa addict - large latte every time (no syrup or sugar though). But have noticed that some of the machines are now filling to a lower level than before, and for 2.99 of my Earth pounds, I require a full measure. So if it dispenses less than this, I pour it into a small cup and pay the lower price.

On a recent visit to Hopwood Park, they saw me do this, asked why, and I told them that it only dispensed enough for the smaller cup.

On my way to the till, this woman shouts to the bloke on the till to charge me for a large cup! I took it back to her and told her to forget it. I had filled both tanks with diesel - to think we used to get a free coffee with a fill up in most places.

I can play the petty card too :unamused:

Ah, now we are talking :smiley:

Remember if you are in a MSA - Moto Costa’s give 20% off to AA Members and Roadchef give 20% off to RAC Members.

I know it can involve a walk rather than parking on the forecourt, but personally I think the real stuff is nicer than the Express version of the same drink. I think it is the same price too :unamused:

Don’t forget your Costa Card - Spend £1000 on coffee and you might get a free cup.

Flask of hot water, coffee and milk does me during the day and a large costa cappuccino on the way back empty, msa costa £3.59 but a high street costa is £2.65 for the same thing msa robbers lol.
Costa give you 5 points on your costa card for every £1 spent so 5 points is 5p on your card to spend on coffee so if you bought a costa with your points it works out at about £88 A CUP don’t think so lol.

Daytrunker:
Flask of hot water, coffee and milk does me during the day and a large costa cappuccino on the way back empty, msa costa £3.59 but a high street costa is £2.65 for the same thing msa robbers lol.
Costa give you 5 points on your costa card for every £1 spent so 5 points is 5p on your card to spend on coffee so if you bought a costa with your points it works out at about £88 A CUP don’t think so lol.

Maybe £1000 was a slight exaggeration :smiley:

I try the smaller independent garages if I can, they sell them much cheaper - the one on the A19 with a subway in next to McD’s and KFC next to it sells it at £2.10 for a large I think and it was buy one get one free too. had to clean out my travel mug :smiley: - the name will come to me eventually, just north of Middlesborough. I went in one night and the plank behind the counter said I had to pay £5 for taking my 45 minute break, despite buying things from the shop. I didn’t pay and gave him an earful when he threatened to “FINE” me… pathetic. (A private company has no authority to fine anyone)

Get one of these
http://www.nextdaycatering.co.uk/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=54189
and an airtight container to keep your filter coffee in. Flask of hot water. Job done.
Only pain is it doesn’t fit in most cup holders.

free or a Mc Ds
buy 6 get one free