How cheap are you willing to go

I mean you have Ryan air telling you I will give you the cheapest flight but i will have to treat you like ■■■■ and yet they have become the number one airline
This is the level of people in the world at the minute that exists ■■■■■■■ arse holes that believe what there led to believe and yet they still do Why

personally flying is never a happy experience and only a means to be transported somewhere with the slightest hiccup meaning your flights delayed or when they try to tell you that your hand luggage is too tight going into the cradle.
ryanair is absolutely the worst of the worst but the rest arnt much better.
im on about 20 flights a year ranging from sas,sleazyjet,flybe and a cpl of others including ryanair who dont have a worse plane,but absolutely try to stick it into you for every single thing hence i use them as an absolute last resort.
to be fair,if you only fly with no luggage then they get you there just the same as the rest.
at the other end of the scale,then sas are not particulary expensive but for a few extra quid you get 2 suitcases,2 hand luggage/handbag,priority lounge with free grub and drinnk,hot handwipe towels and for me,always friendly helpfull service which is night and day to the others.

Ryanair…

Doesn’t have a business class therefore, I never fly with them.

Id rather drive at 52mph. Leave a week early.

I have a house in Spain and use Ryanair a lot. The way to look at Ryanair is it is simply a bus service that gets me to Spain as cheaply as possible.
In 19 years of using them I have had only 1 problem and that was a cancelled flight and they wouldn’t book us onto a competitors flight. This was later sorted out with financial compensation.
I get on the plane, put my earphones in and Ipad out and watch a film for the 2 and quarter hour flight and ignore the constant sales bombardment. Upon landing I stay in my seat a little longer and let the clowns fight to get off before I depart.
I pay anywhere around £30 to £60 for a return flight and I dont expect champagne and canapes, it is what it is a cheap shuttle bus to Spain.

i’ve never been on a plane…and have no ambition to…unless i was offered a ride in a Lancaster bomber!

carryfast-yeti:
i’ve never been on a plane…and have no ambition to…unless i was offered a ride in a Lancaster bomber!

Passenger or cargo? :wink:

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:

Passenger or cargo? :wink:

haha :laughing: would have been brilliant as a passenger,when the 2 surviving airworthy Lanc’s were flying around together not so long back :sunglasses:

carryfast-yeti:

I ain’t the best flyer, hate take offs hate landings.
Ain’t scared of flying it’s crashing I’m scared of. :smiley:
Once I’m up there listening to a bit of Bon Jovi or Bowie, on phone I’m ok. :smiley:

Funnily after what I’ve said, I’d also love a ride in a Lancaster, or even an American B17 Fortress, after reading a few books on WW2 Bomber crews .
Theres a couple of guys in Lincs somewhere who own a grounded Lanc, but they allow members of the public to go in it while taxiing up the runway of a WW2 airfield.

robroy:

carryfast-yeti:

I ain’t the best flyer, hate take offs hate landings.
Ain’t scared of flying it’s crashing I’m scared of. :smiley:
Once I’m up there listening to a bit of Bon Jovi or Bowie, on phone I’m ok. :smiley:

Funnily after what I’ve said, I’d also love a ride in a Lancaster, or even an American B17 Fortress, after reading a few books on WW2 Bomber crews .
Theres a couple of guys in Lincs somewhere who own a grounded Lanc, but they allow members of the public to go in it while taxiing up the runway of a WW2 airfield.

The Lancaster is Just Jane, located at Newark air museum, does taxi rides up the runway

lincsaviation.co.uk/lancaster-taxy-rides/

You can also get rides in the Sally B by paying too.
sallyb.org.uk/

carryfast-yeti:
haha :laughing: would have been brilliant as a passenger,when the 2 surviving airworthy Lanc’s were flying around together not so long back :sunglasses:

Living only a few minutes flying time from Coningsby I’m privileged enough to get some quick snaps from my garden

This one I took at Fairford, but apparently if you have the money the Ukranian airforce will take you up in this bad boy!

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:

Living only a few minutes flying time from Coningsby I’m privileged enough to get some quick snaps from my garden

Must be a hell of a sight (and sound) seeing those two flying over eh mate.
I once saw a Spitfire on a fly past display over my home town, doing dives, victory rolls, loops the lot.
I know it sounds ■■■■ corny and pathetic :blush: :unamused: , but it did make me feel a bit emotional :open_mouth: …, I don’t know why, I’ve no connections with anyone flying them, and even my mate said it gave him a strange feeling also, must be a patriotic thing eh? :neutral_face:

Strange…and I can’t believe I’ve admitted it on here. :laughing:

Before Christmas I was driving down the 419 towards Swindon when 2 Stealth fighters flew low over the road and scared the hell out of me. I can only guess that they where about to land at Fairford.

Late Monday night I was traveling back from Cyprus to Manchester when a woman keeled over an hour out of Manchester and was given CPR in the isle, this resulted in the airplane making an emergency landing at Stanstead. The sensation of a plane making a dramatic decent from 37,000 feet was let’s say interesting. Once at Stansted she was taken off the plane and within 40 mins we where back in the air

. Took this on the A420, not very stealthy…

peirre:
Before Christmas I was driving down the 419 towards Swindon when 2 Stealth fighters flew low over the road and scared the hell out of me. I can only guess that they where about to land at Fairford.

Late Monday night I was traveling back from Cyprus to Manchester when a woman keeled over an hour out of Manchester and was given CPR in the isle, this resulted in the airplane making an emergency landing at Stanstead. The sensation of a plane making a dramatic decent from 37,000 feet was let’s say interesting. Once at Stansted she was taken off the plane and within 40 mins we where back in the air

Robroy, totally get the emotional thing mate. It’s not only the sound of those mighty engines, I think it’s also the connotations of the 20 odd year old kids flying them into the night knowing that statistically they weren’t coming home, yet they still did it without a second thought.

Stealth again at RIAT Fairford.

Depending on how much money you want to spend…

Depending on how much money you want to spend…

Commercial flights? After flying in light aircraft (as passenger) a lot, just boring. Good way to get from A to B but nowt else.
Bounce around in a small noisy plane on grass strips, and even a bumpy landing in a passenger plane will hold no fears for anyone.

I had the chance at a ride in a Pitts Special once, but didnt fancy my chances of retaining my breakfast, so turned it down, regretted it afterwards. My then wife did go up though, and returned shaking, but smiling broadly. And it is more affordable than a trip to S. Africa. Not as fast as a jet, but adrenaline rush assured. [intotheblue.co.uk/experienc ... berkshire/](https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/experiences/pitts-special-berkshire/) or [intotheblue.co.uk/experienc ... berkshire/](https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/experiences/harvard-warbird-berkshire/) bit dearer but noisier. Hmmm. My birthday aint that far away…

Bigtruck3:
I mean you have Ryan air telling you I will give you the cheapest flight but i will have to treat you like [zb] and yet they have become the number one airline
This is the level of people in the world at the minute that exists [zb] arse holes that believe what there led to believe and yet they still do Why

Another pointless thread from bigknob 3 AGAIN This TruckNet not planenet give it a rest for ffs go and clean up and make the T