How cheap are you willing to go

WhiteTruckMan:
Depending on how much money you want to spend…

Classic Jets South Africa-English Electric Lightning, Buccaneer, Hawker Hunter

USD 18 000 to 26 000 and more for a 40 minute flight (takeoff to landing) on a MiG :=) I think I’ll pass…unless a takeaway Russian bride is included in the price who is a (recent) former ■■■■■■■ model

robroy:

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:
haha :laughing: would have been brilliant as a passenger,when the 2 surviving airworthy Lanc’s were flying around together not so long back :sunglasses:

Living only a few minutes flying time from Coningsby I’m privileged enough to get some quick snaps from my garden

Must be a hell of a sight (and sound) seeing those two flying over eh mate.
I once saw a Spitfire on a fly past display over my home town, doing dives, victory rolls, loops the lot.
I know it sounds [zb] corny and pathetic :blush: :unamused: , but it did make me feel a bit emotional :open_mouth: …, I don’t know why, I’ve no connections with anyone flying them, and even my mate said it gave him a strange feeling also, must be a patriotic thing eh? :neutral_face:

Strange…and I can’t believe I’ve admitted it on here. :laughing:

No-one will be seeing those two flying together any time soon - The only airworthy Lancasters are here (BBMF) and Canada. A couple of years ago the Canadian one was brought over here and did a few displays and fly-bys with the BBMF plane. They also did one where they flew over the one at Newark (which had to remain on the ground), making it almost a triple Lancaster fly-by.

The reason for the emotion you felt has a lot to do with the sound - the Merlin V12 has soul. Went to an organised event where the “Grace Spitfire” (Google it - amazing story) performed aerobatics in sync with live classical music while the audience enjoyed a picnic in the sunshine in the grounds of a stately home - totally breathtaking. But for the full experience, a few years ago they had 16 Spitfires flying in formation over the IWM at Duxford. Absolutely ■■■■■■■ ecstacy for the ears!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So not only me then. :smiley:

ETS:

WhiteTruckMan:
Depending on how much money you want to spend…

Classic Jets South Africa-English Electric Lightning, Buccaneer, Hawker Hunter

USD 18 000 to 26 000 and more for a 40 minute flight (takeoff to landing) on a MiG :=) I think I’ll pass…unless a takeaway Russian bride is included in the price who is a (recent) former ■■■■■■■ model

I suppose it’s all relative really. If you have a big enough pot of money then the experience will be worth the cost. IIRC Didn’t someone pay something like 60 mil for a flight to the iss?

robroy:

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:
haha :laughing: would have been brilliant as a passenger,when the 2 surviving airworthy Lanc’s were flying around together not so long back :sunglasses:

Living only a few minutes flying time from Coningsby I’m privileged enough to get some quick snaps from my garden

I once saw a Spitfire on a fly past display over my home town, doing dives, victory rolls, loops the lot.
I know it sounds [zb] corny and pathetic :blush: :unamused: , but it did make me feel a bit emotional :open_mouth: …, I don’t know why, I’ve no connections with anyone flying them, and even my mate said it gave him a strange feeling also, must be a patriotic thing eh? :neutral_face:

If you ever get the chance, go to see the battle of Britain memorial flight. The sight and the sound of them is an experience you’ll never forget.

raf.mod.uk/display-teams/ba … /displays/

Last time we flew anywhere, we were just turning left to find our seats when this smart young man in a uniform with rings on his sleeves wished us a good flight.

My wife is a nervous flyer and asked him how often these planes crashed (thinking about a certain Boing)

The guy thought for a moment, smiled, and said: “Only once madam.”

WhiteTruckMan:
I suppose it’s all relative really. If you have a big enough pot of money then the experience will be worth the cost. IIRC Didn’t someone pay something like 60 mil for a flight to the iss?

Oh, absolutely. It also made me realize the magnitude of operational costs for a fighter jet. Of course they’ll set aside as profit some of that 25 000 or so but still. I mean 20-25 000 is a lot of money whichever way you look at it…

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So not only me then. :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^
every time im heading down the hill into dover i cant help looking up to see if theres any spitfires and fokkers flying about…even if theyre flying messerschmitts :slight_smile:

Roymondo:

robroy:

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:

No-one will be seeing those two flying together any time soon - The only airworthy Lancasters are here (BBMF) and Canada. A couple of years ago the Canadian one was brought over here and did a few displays and fly-bys with the BBMF plane. They also did one where they flew over the one at Newark (which had to remain on the ground), making it almost a triple Lancaster fly-by.

The reason for the emotion you felt has a lot to do with the sound - the Merlin V12 has soul. Went to an organised event where the “Grace Spitfire” (Google it - amazing story) performed aerobatics in sync with live classical music while the audience enjoyed a picnic in the sunshine in the grounds of a stately home - totally breathtaking. But for the full experience, a few years ago they had 16 Spitfires flying in formation over the IWM at Duxford. Absolutely [zb] ecstacy for the ears!

Two good days out to see warbirds is the Battle of Britain weekend, and Flying Legends, lots of warbirds, and you can also look at the museum, …

I used go lot of airshows as a kid . And I miss milendahall.
Best sight I ever saw in the days before decent cameras and videos.
Was Concorde and the Vulcan bomber flying along side each other.

Santa:
Last time we flew anywhere, we were just turning left to find our seats when this smart young man in a uniform with rings on his sleeves wished us a good flight.

My wife is a nervous flyer and asked him how often these planes crashed (thinking about a certain Boing)

Last time I got on a plane I turned left was a blonde sat in my seat.

She refused to move. So cabin crew asked her where she was going.
She said newyork. So cabin crew said to her am.sorry this front section goes to florida. Newyork section is behind you. At which point the.blonde stood up apologised and moved to back of the plane :slight_smile:

edd1974:

Santa:

Last time I got on a plane I turned left was a blonde sat in my seat.

She refused to move. So cabin crew asked her where she was going.
She said newyork. So cabin crew said to her am.sorry this front section goes to florida. Newyork section is behind you. At which point the.blonde stood up apologised and moved to back of the plane :slight_smile:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i had a similar experience,
sat in my seat next to a lady reading cosmopolitan who told me that according to the article she was reading that it was a myth that black men had the biggest willies,and that in fact the longest ones were red indians with the fattest ones being the polish.
at that point i had to interrupt her by saying,allow me to introduce myself,my names tonto kowalski. :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:
i’ve never been on a plane…and have no ambition to…unless i was offered a ride in a Lancaster bomber!

Passenger or cargo? :wink:

Did you see them?

Saw them at Ayr/Prestwick. Just ace.