How can we tolerate this

While away most of the week like most of you I take a small amount of groceries with me, after all we have to eat. but sometimes I buy food if I fancy a change .
This is where the problem starts Its high time we started naming and shaming the robbing ■■■■■■■ known as motorway services ill start the ball rolling as below :-

M2 MEDWAY SERVICES SOUTHBOUND BP
king Size twix 90p , Grab Bag Hula hoops 88p Ginsters s/ roll £ 2.15

I think this is just beyond a joke seeing I put £300.00 of fuel in the tank.

Yet on the Northbound side which is run by Shell

King size twix 75p Grab Bag hula hoops 2 for 65p in a deal and a ginsters s/roll £1.89 . Still expensive but FAIR.

THIS CANT BE FAIR AND I CALL ON ALL DRIVERS TO STOP BUYING GOODIES FROM MOTORWAY SERVICES.

fully agree,

though I don,t buy anything from services I normally get my supplies before joining m/way or leave it at a junction and go and find somewhere else,

The only thing I ever buy from an MSA is a newspaper because they have to sell it at the cover price and I bet that pees them right off.

I agree with Harry, only buy newspapers and magazines, from there cos they have to charge the same price, Im sure they would increase the price if they could.

It would be very amusing to see these places hit with a ‘windfall tax’ for their excessive profiteering … but I agree with others, give their expensive offerings the finger and buy elsewhere.

I’m really bad for this…

I wont pay to use a cash machine, I wont pay to use a toilet, I wont pay over the odds for a brew, I wont pay over a quid for a 500ml bottle of pop when I know I can get one in tesco for 70-odd pence… The list goes on…

I’ll go hungry before I pay the prices these nutters are asking.

quite often go to Keele south petrol , purley for the Mars offers

They do 4 off - mars ,boost,crunchie + etc all for £1.60

or 3 of the big bars for a similar price , but would only get these offers nought else

sure other services also do these :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When I was in the car sales game, I’d got a meeting with a large fleet suppluer up in leeds, stopped off at (i think its called wooley edge services is it? sure someone will correct me) and they were charging £8.99 for a breakfast which was one of egg,bacon,sausage,some mushrooms, some beans and a slice of toast. Needless to say the food that was under the heat lamps looked as though it had been there for a week looked really dry and repulsive. Makes you wonder who is prepared to pay those sorts of prices, and why :question:

Don’t forget the Red Funnel ferry to the Isle of Wight. I nearly choked when I bought 4 slices of toast and 2 fried eggs and the price was something like £7. Don’t waste your money, pull up at a Tesco garage and buy at normal prices. Many a time I’ve driven into Tesco hauling a M&S trailer!!! :wink:

It’s not a recent phenomenon either. Back in the late 70’s I was in the Army and used to ride my motorbike home on leave; being still on L-plates I couldn’t use the M-ways so used to go Henley-Oxford-Banbury-Rugby-Leicester-Newark, all decent A-roads then .

Regular stop-off was the services on the A34 at Oxford; the ones that are closed to HGV’s these days. Usually just a cuppa to warm up but one night I felt a bit peckish and had a full meal; utterly disgusting, cost a fortune, luckily being a squaddie gave you the nerve to complain so I got me money back but that put me off MSA grub for life.

Couple of years ago I had a moan about prices in some MSA, forget which one. Manager said, “Well it’s because we’re open 24 hours”.

“So’s bloody Tesco’s” says I, he had no answer to that! :laughing:

In Northern Ireland every garage has hot food at very good prices.
And the sausages are lovely.
There are no motorway services over there and i hope it never changes.
There is a KFC at Larne and you can park there without any problems.
In Scotland you usually get a free coffee when you fill up with fuel.
So why is england so crap.
I can’t name and shame any msa because they are all crap.

I had a very similar thing at Leicester Forrest several years ago before I retired. I went into the restaurant and they had a big banner saying this breakfast for £ 5.20. I put what I wanted on my plate and when I got to the till the girl rang up £8.00, I pointed out to her the banner,she replied I had 2 eggs and the deal was for one of each item anything over it was full price for everything. I just left the tray in front of the till ,walked off and went to the Little Chef and had an early starter for £4 with free top up coffee

limeyphil:
In Northern Ireland every garage has hot food at very good prices.
And the sausages are lovely.
There are no motorway services over there and i hope it never changes.
There is a KFC at Larne and you can park there without any problems.
In Scotland you usually get a free coffee when you fill up with fuel.
So why is england so crap.
I can’t name and shame any msa because they are all crap.

That’s this country all over. Doesn’t matter if you buy a twix or are paying your electric bill. EVERYTHING is over priced and a rip off. I’ve lived in a few countries whilst serving in the Army, and they were all better than here for fairness.

Chiz:
I’m really bad for this…
I wont pay to use a cash machine, I wont pay to use a toilet, I wont pay over the odds for a brew, I wont pay over a quid for a 500ml bottle of pop
I’ll go hungry before I pay the prices these nutters are asking.

Nor will i…

Do you know, Medway SA London bound charges 50p for air and or water??

Hate MSA’s HATE em!!! :imp:

I just wish every truck driver British and European would boycott them, But we wont and majority will still pay over inflated prices! :imp:

Last time i parked at one i asked what i get for the 20 odd nicker? Nothing!! not even any sort of security, Mind you…you do get, if you pay, vouchers for manky bad for you food. Oh and a nice patch of ■■■■ laden tarmac to walk around in.

kerbut:
I had a very similar thing at Leicester Forrest several years ago before I retired. I went into the restaurant and they had a big banner saying this breakfast for £ 5.20. I put what I wanted on my plate and when I got to the till the girl rang up £8.00, I pointed out to her the banner,she replied I had 2 eggs and the deal was for one of each item anything over it was full price for everything. I just left the tray in front of the till ,walked off and went to the Little Chef and had an early starter for £4 with free top up coffee

Was that before they built that nice Fosse Park shopping centre, just off M1 J21, with a nice cheap Sainsburys and ASDA where truckers can get a good cheap meal :question:

Oh - and easy parking - well I used part of the large the area in front of the delivery gates - never had a problem :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ADD - has anyone produced a booklet of places like the above and included where a driver can park an artic :question:

ROG:
ADD - has anyone produced a booklet of places like the above and included where a driver can park an artic :question:

By no means the worst idea I’ve ever seen… trouble is with so many of the retail parks it can depend on the security officer’s attitude as to whether you can park or not. Some are easy-going, some are total jobsworths.

I used to have a favourite hideout at Wellington, on the Wrekin park; used to park up behind the “American Golf” shop (plenty of room for a 6-wheel rigid) and there was a big Tesco opposite, and a decent pub/restaurant about 400 yards down, which did good food for reasonable money; if you really wanted to live it up there were McD’s and KFC virtually next door. Never got bothered myself but heard tell of artics getting moved on. Had another regular park-up at Wrexham (on Homebase/Argos car park) spoiled when a jobsworth security bod threatened me with clamping if I didn’t move . Told him to eff off and I’d be gone in the morning.

Quite often, it is the antics of a few (irresponsible disposal of human waste) which spoil it for the rest of us, but it does ■■■■ me off to be treated like a sub-human by someone who has not got a clue of what tramping entails; if they had they wouldn’t do it.

Do any of you remember the offer they had at Tibshelf/Cambridge/Peterborough a few years ago when you could buy a bacon baguette and a coffee for £1.95 (I think), they then realised how popular it was and seemed to increase the price every bloody week. I think that went by the way once they sold the franchise.

you can’t blame them there only get passing trade :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

del

if u dont like the food complain…either email the company manager or see them…if everyone complained something would get done…maybe

I complain all the time about the showers, food, cost of parking, and the rats and get the same sort of answer everytime…‘Oh really we’ll get onto it straight away’
The people who work at these places are more interested in getting their breaks, free food and going home, Never been to a decent MSA yet!!!
Monkeys and peanuts spring to mind.