How can I find an old M.A.N tractor unit?

Hi everyone…I’m new here (but lurking for a while).

I was wondering if anyone was or is associated with the truck export market ■■
Now, a few years back,when I was an O/D, I ran a few old MAN F8 cabbed tractor units…mostly 22.331’s and 1 16.331 . Best old trucks I ever had !
One in particular that I’d like to trace, is D 678 EWD a 22.331 (uprated to a 360). It seems that these trucks are now all extinct or all exported from the U.K now. Does anyone know where they all went and more importantly, how to trace good ones that are still operational,so that I can re-import one ■■
Providing the cabs are sound,the rest can be dealt with.

Anyone help me out here,please ■■

Hi Feenix,
Most of them went to the middle east and africa i guess,you can still find them in turkey and greece oh and cyprus. If you want to import one i am guessing its going to be a lot of traveling to find the right one.This one was a turkish one in cyprus and the other was one of my dads drives.Paul

You could try this site

truckworld.eu/default.asp?languageid=1

Stupot:
You could try this site

truckworld.eu/default.asp?languageid=1

what a brilliant site for old stuff - only thing is you’ve got me thinking about buying something stupid like that terberg F1900 8x8 tipper :wink:

Theres some really smart stuff in there that i wouldnt be ashamed to drive now!

According to the DVLA website,D 678 EWD is listed as untaxed,and it looks like the last activity was on 26/04/1999,but interestingly enough,the export marker is not applicable,which could mean that it was never exported,but looks like it might have been scrapped in this country.

Ken.

Norman Lewis were a big buyer of new and used MAN after they realised how crap the Scanias were :smiley:

Give the workshop a call, I bet they still know of a few kicking about.

I havent worked for them since about 1998 but the number is 01977 661023

Thanks for that,guys !

Quinny…I hope that my old truck hasn’t been scrapped…it was a great motor that one . Maybe it’s hiding somewhere. I sold it to a guy in Scarborough,in 95/96.
Wheel Nut…Norman Lewis is not far from me…might be worth a shot,eh ? (Maybe he’s got one hiding somewhere ?).

Keep thinking you guys…I really do want another of these units. It can be used to pull my ‘mega motorhome’ trailer. :slight_smile:

There is a 4x2 old MAN parked behind the MAN dealership on the way into Hull if it’s of any interest. There is also an O/D in Newark running a ‘C’ reg one. It’s quite tidy too.

F10 Globetrotter:
There is a 4x2 old MAN parked behind the MAN dealership on the way into Hull if it’s of any interest. There is also an O/D in Newark running a ‘C’ reg one. It’s quite tidy too.

there is still a spaniard running an ancient man over to this country, its an early 80s one, i had’nt sen it in a long time but saw it the other evening!! i would love to get a picture of it!!

F10 Globetrotter:

Hmmm…Now that’s interesting. Where exactly is that MAN dealer,please ■■ And if you can grab a hold of that guy from Newark (or get the reg number),that would be great ! :slight_smile:

Keep em coming guys !

Feenix if you have no luck here you could try some companies within the UK that import trucks, they could maybe have a look at the market for you. For example http://www.andrewjustice.com

The ERF/MAN dealer in Hull,is just before the roundabout to the ferry terminal,and next door to the Iveco/Ford dealer,and opposite the DAF dealer,all on Hedon Road,if that all makes sense.

Follow the A63 from the bridge,and go through the city area,past the marina on your right,over the river tributary bridge,and keep going for about a mile,over various roundabouts,and they come up on your left hand side.

Chatfields MAN ERF Hull,
Littlefair Road,
Hedon Road,
Hull,
HU9 5LP.

Ken.

:slight_smile:
There is a 17-332 unit on e.bay right now…

enter the item number

into the search box on the e.bay index page. :wink:

not quite as old as you were after, but it looks quite tidy, (L REG.)

That bunk looks a bit hard though!!!

And the tax is due at the end of April:

Date of Liability 01 05 2008
Date of First Registration 03 06 1994
Year of Manufacture 1994
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 9973CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval null

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
Tax Band 6 Months Rate 12 Months Rate
E £660.00 £1200.00
C £247.50 £450.00

Ken.

Ive sent you a pm Feenix

Got it,Neal…

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Just thought that I’d bump this thread…

Still haven’t managed to find anything yet ! Anyone know of anything,currently ,please ■■ :question:

Or maybe any contacts ■■

Can any of you guys post up any pics you can find of any F8 cabbed MAN’s please ■■ It seems that the older posts pics have been removed ! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

I had one new demonstrator & one new fleet vehicle MAN when I worked for TNT, it was one of the first MANs they had & it was lovely. It was a 16-321 & C23 XBA was the reg. I thought I sw it in Henley on Thames one morning pulling a ontainer trailer. I went round the block but it was gone by time I got back round again.

I was lucky enough to have a play in a lot of MAN vehicles. I knew their demonstration driver of the day & I’d get his new motors for a few days to put some miles on them. They were without doubt lovely vehicles to work with, I know nothing about the make beyond the F2000 & vehicles of today though.

BB