How can I find an old M.A.N tractor unit?

fascinating stuff, im really interested in seeing that ancient spanish m.a.n, thinking of doing a 1.24 scale model of one, where could i find reference pics of spanish trucks?

Hi all,
Has anyone else seen a spanish registered MAN F8 cab in the uk recently it is blue with a white fridge trailer, i only see it two weeks ago at the same place and time on the M25 at j24 that i see it before(about two weeks prior to that) I could not get any photo’s as it was 11.30 at night. Truckerash has also see it and was also unable to get any photo’s. I just wondered if anyone knows anything about it.Paul

postman paul:
Hi all,
Has anyone else seen a spanish registered MAN F8 cab in the uk recently it is blue with a white fridge trailer, i only see it two weeks ago at the same place and time on the M25 at j24 that i see it before(about two weeks prior to that) I could not get any photo’s as it was 11.30 at night. Truckerash has also see it and was also unable to get any photo’s. I just wondered if anyone knows anything about it.Paul

I have seen this truck about 2 or 3 times around the Chichester / Littlehampton area in great condtion for age .
I think its from northern spain looks like an owner driver.

Here are some of my 16.331 , it was a great old truck :smiley: .

It had a low ratio back end in it , so was doing about 1900 rpm at 60mph.

But when it hit a hill it didnt slow down :smiley:

I then got a 19.361 :sunglasses: , It was a big motor in its day :smiley:

First truck i had with air suspension :stuck_out_tongue:

Had a long chassis , so was real comfy :smiley: (sorry about the fat dude standing in front of it :blush: :blush: ).

Havent seen one in years , i know all the ones we had were shipped abroad :frowning: .

Would be nice to hve a shot in one again :slight_smile:

Hey Dingo… Thanks for those pics. Nice clean loking motor there. Those old MANs were ahead of their time…they had a lot of the stuff that you see on modern trucks,like adjustable air suspension,air seats etc. I know the ones I had road very well,even when it was ‘unit only’. They also pulled well above there apparent power rating. German engineering at its best !

Oh and that ‘fat bloke’ looks positively sylph like to me ! :laughing: