How can he drive like this!

Spotted in telford services last Monday CZ lorry only just home to post this! Flags in the Window and Laptop on Dash!

Sid :slight_smile:

Theres still plently of room for more flags and banners! :grimacing:

Wheres Vosa with a wheelclamp when you want them.

itā€™s not just our foreign friendsā€¦ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That is seriously taking the pish.The powers that be keep banging on about blindspot mirrors and the like!! You can have all the mirrors fitted but whats the point if you cant see out of the windscreen ffs

Iā€™ve seen plenty like this, what does it say about EU enforcement if they are getting here with it like that? Just to play devils advocate, it looks like heā€™s travelled a lot of miles like that and not hit nothing yet :smiley:

All that crap should be checked when they get off boat or train and on the spot fines given IMO theres no way he can see in front of n/s properley

Vosa should be parked up at the docks with a bin checking foreign trucks, they donā€™t get out the gate till all the craps in the bin. :smiling_imp:

Went on to Killingholme dock tonite a polish merc coming out had just the same in the window. :smiling_imp:

Mike-C:
Iā€™ve seen plenty like this, what does it say about EU enforcement if they are getting here with it like that? Just to play devils advocate, it looks like heā€™s travelled a lot of miles like that and not hit nothing yet :smiley:

Not hit anything he`s seen anyway :laughing: :laughing:

felixwe622:

Spotted in telford services last Monday CZ lorry only just home to post this! Flags in the Window and Laptop on Dash!

Sid :slight_smile:

Easy. If youā€™re a foreigner you just shrug your shoulders at them and then they go and find easier prey, like english drivers!!!

i donā€™t mind a name plate in the window - but this is incredible the amount of blinds spots he has created is scary :open_mouth:

donā€™t know about anyone else but when you are multi dropping in a busy city like Edinburgh,London etc and you have pedestrians and cyclists willy nilly going in front of you - i for one like to see out my windscreen.

I can see it now - vosa stops him , driver says ā€˜ā€˜no speko any lingoā€™ā€™ , vosa thinks to himself more trouble than its worth - taps his wheels and lets him go. :imp:

Far from it mate!! Language is no barrier whatsoeverā€¦a few simple hand gestures should make it clear what you want the driver to doā€¦failing that we can use an interpreter service. :smiley:

Would it just be a case of telling him to take them down or would he be prosecuted?

And in your experience what would you do?

Take this case for examle.

Driver fined for lorry cab flags

FLAG ISSUE: Simon Brown had nine flags in his windscreen.
Date: 23 October 2008
By Court reporter
A lorry driver who hung nine flags from his windscreen has been fined after a court heard they could have blocked his view.
Simon Brown hung the flags in his 44-tonne truck ā€” but he was pulled over by an inspector who issued a notice banning him from driving another yard.

Brown of Woodside, Carsington removed them and was allowed to continue working but was taken to court for breaching regulations under the Road Traffic Act.

He admitted the offence and was fined Ā£260, with Ā£192 prosecution costs and a Ā£15 Government surcharge.

Sean Docherty, for the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency, told Ilkeston magistrates the lorry was pulled over at Ashbourne on May 8.

ā€œThe flags were in an area normally swept by windscreen wipers. The driver Simon Brown confirmed he was the sole trader and owner operator of the vehicle,ā€ he said.

Brown, 30, told magistrates that he removed the flags as soon as he was told they caused a problem.

"I told a couple of other drivers that flags were illegal.

ā€œThey thought I was joking and they had never heard of anything like that before.ā€

Magistrates were shown a photograph of the front of the lorry, which was taken by the VOSA inspector.

Presiding JP Ian McEwen told Brown: ā€œWe were concerned of the danger of having your screen obscured in this way. But we are impressed you removed them immediately you were told this was illegal.ā€

Since the incident, Brown said he had lost his company and lorry but now has another driving job.

After the hearing, he said the inspector spent an hour checking the vehicle ā€” and only had concerns about the flags, which are mainly football pennants.

"I donā€™t think they really impaired my view and if they are illegal, why do they sell them in shops?

"I put them up because you live and sleep in your cab. You want it to look like home and be a bit cheerful.

ā€œI could understand him reporting the vehicle if it had a defect but not this. I just took them off and they are now on a landfill site.ā€

OK, I admit that I am a self confessed grumpy old man. The truck featured is a danger and a liability. In my daily travels I see plenty of UK trucks with side curtains drawn, driver reclined ā€œa laā€ Schumacher, obligatory table on dash with coffee machine and kettle, football club scarves draped across dash, flags, pennants, chrome silhouettes of women rocking back and forth stuck on screen. Donā€™t even start me about dream catchers! For years I thought the guys had an African Blue living in the cab!
What is all this about?
I canā€™t understand why no major truck manufacturer has not identified this obvious gap in the market.
Make a truck with no side windows at all, fit as O/E a commercial size Gaggia expresso machine on top of the dash, not forgetting the 72" plasma screen TV. Forward vision would be by means of a military style periscope.
I am feeling much better now, and shall spend the rest of the day with my carer.

Les zizis des routier sont sympas

Thats 2 grumpy old men then snail (sorry can`t spell in French)

"I put them up because you live and sleep in your cab. You want it to look like home and be a bit cheerful.

Iā€™m glad my home doesnā€™t look like the inside of a truck!!

So whatā€™s up with it?
Heā€™s parked up isnā€™t he?
You all assume he has driven with all that crap in his window.

and to think,i got pulled off vosa,and given an immidiate prohibition for having a name plate in the centre bottom of my windscreen.
come on vosa,get these guys sorted.

Other one :unamused: -