Hovis , bradford

Anyone know much about hovis based in Bradford?

Thanks

htfc1984:
Anyone know much about hovis based in Bradford?

Thanks

Think they have something to do with bread.

When I were a lad…

I`ve only ever done deliveries to the Gain lane site, the lads seem ok

:smiley:

dcgpx:
When I were a lad…

:smiley: :smiley: you beat me to it

dcgpx:
When I were a lad…

youtube.com/watch?v=I2AcJSkUw6M

whats the dough like .do you have to rise early for shifts …do you have to count to a bakers dozen

We all need to earn a crust.

AFAIK it’s up the top of a cobbled street and access is by pushbike only.

Go for it . Class 2 multi drop lots of manual work but easy.
Class 1 even easier work. Pay about 27k.
paid yearly DCPC training day.
Full PPE, full uniform, pension,
you’ll be trained to do it the Hovis way but then that’s the norm for any big company.

nick2008:

Easy :question: I beg to differ :open_mouth: worst job I’ve ever had :imp: ( except for MKG Foods and Palletline that is :wink: )

Based in Bradford. Guess where the colouring for their bread comes from.

peterm:
Based in Bradford. Guess where the colouring for their bread comes from.

That’s easy … Rank Hovis, I used to deliver it

Have a mate who does agency for hovis ( not Bradford ) and his only gripe is short shifts ( 7/8 hrs ) ,don’t speak that regular so not sure if that’s always the case or just the week we speak.
But can’t be that bad as he’s always there .
Backhauled for hovis and they were always fine with me

Baggie:

nick2008:

Easy :question: I beg to differ :open_mouth: worst job I’ve ever had :imp: ( except for MKG Foods and Palletline that is :wink: )

Which makes it easy then :wink:

nick2008:

Baggie:

nick2008:

Which makes it easy then :wink:

Do you work for them nick? Or have you done direct or agency?

I thought that company was Brown Bread ( dead ) sorry i`ll get me hat and coat :smiley:

Baggie:

nick2008:

I worked with MKG in fallings park doing somerfield /Kwik save frozen and I actually quite liked that job.

damoq:

Baggie:

nick2008:

I worked with MKG in fallings park doing somerfield /Kwik save frozen and I actually quite liked that job.

So did I,my first “proper” job :unamused: .Had I have been more experienced,I could have probably made a fist of it,but the access to some of those Somerfield/Kwik stores reduced me to a gibbering wreck :cry:
Especially that one in Swansea…you know the one…it’s got a car parked opposite the access drive (with a bloody great dent in it :blush: )

Baggie:

damoq:

Baggie:

nick2008:

So did I,my first “proper” job :unamused: .Had I have been more experienced,I could have probably made a fist of it,but the access to some of those Somerfield/Kwik stores reduced me to a gibbering wreck :cry:
Especially that one in Swansea…you know the one…it’s got a car parked opposite the access drive (with a bloody great dent in it :blush: )

I think I may have had this conversation with you on here before now I think of it. Morriston Swansea? You had to fold your mirrors in to reverse up that lane it was that tight. Used to have to guess your way back or listen for the guys on the back door shouting on you to stop.[emoji23] [emoji23]