hoveringham.

Anyone on here that used to drive for Hoveringham sand and gravel at either Hoveringham or Finningley.
I am trying to trace where my pension with them is but have no idea who took them over etc.
pension tracing service can’t help
Any help much appreciated.
(not talking lots of money ) :cry:

del,i could be wrong,but i think it’s now TRENT CONCRETE,they make concrete floors/stairways and piling etc.

Del, my Dad worked for Hoveringham all his life, foreman of Static Plant Dept. at Hoveringham and I’m still in touch with a couple of his old workmates.

Still have some paperwork somewhere relating to his pension I think.

PM me and I’ll try and help if I can.

Andy, you do stand corrected mate; Hoveringham Group were bought out by Tarmac in 1982, Trent Concrete (next door so I can understand the confusion) were taken over by Marshalls; I worked for them for a while.

gnasty gnome:
Andy, you do stand corrected mate; Hoveringham Group were bought out by Tarmac in 1982, Trent Concrete (next door so I can understand the confusion) were taken over by Marshalls; I worked for them for a while.

As you seem to have an answer or at least help Del, allow me to drift into a bit of nostalgia will you? :unamused:
Trent Concrete I remember well as the ‘local’ to me customer of Econofreight, I spent many a freezing morning there on the picket line back in '79, but GG, was that Marshalls originally of Southowram in Yorkshire?
My most terrifying backloads were from there in the 60s with my Albion 4 wheeler. The place was on top of a mountain and the (loaded) road out was down a very steep hill to a main road T junction at the bottom. In those days of no exhaust brakes it was crawler gear and a frequent dabbing of the footbrakes till I arrived a quivering wreck at the bottom. :open_mouth: :cry:

Spardo:
Trent Concrete I remember well as the ‘local’ to me customer of Econofreight, I spent many a freezing morning there on the picket line back in '79, but GG, was that Marshalls originally of Southowram in Yorkshire?

It was, and they’re still at Southowram; like many others in the industry it’s suffering from the recession though, as the Sawley plant (the one you can see from the M1 between 24 and 25) closed in November along with another in Cannock.

The place was on top of a mountain and the (loaded) road out was down a very steep hill to a main road T junction at the bottom

but you didn’t HAVE to use that road, there was a gentler way down.

Thanks to Gnasty Gnome for the PM with info.