Hours

A question,

Is there anything out there that would aid me in keeping track of my driving hours, or has anyone got any tips. Got a few infringements since I have been driving all over the UK

Truckertimer app on a smart phone, there are others on playstore but I haven’t tried them

Nothing beats a manual diary.

Start time
Finish time
Start mileage
End mileage
Total shift
Total drive

mickyblue:
A question,

Is there anything out there that would aid me in keeping track of my driving hours, or has anyone got any tips. Got a few infringements since I have been driving all over the UK

Tell your boss to upgrade your truck to one that has a digi tacho.

Or get the wire on! :wink:

I believe you’re driving a 12 plate MAN so you’ve got a digital tachograph, I can only suggest that you buy a notebook and keep a record of your driving times.

Is it just driving hours that you’re getting infringements for or is it random infringements ?

nothing beats a diary.

vwgpmk2:
Truckertimer app on a smart phone, there are others on playstore but I haven’t tried them

+1

I use this and havent had any dramas

:smiley: :smiley:

Used to use a stopwatch and notepad gets it right every time

You need to add up better :stuck_out_tongue:
And take into account your digi will round up, so park up on 4.29 at the latest.

Failing that park on the hard shoulder :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A diary and a pen.

That is all.

Big timer cooking timer thing and a notepad or diary.

What use is a stopwatch or cooking timer with a digital tachograph :confused:

another recommend for Trucker timer,especially if using analogue .If you are getting WTD infringements then the app will keep track of that as well

tachograph:

I wouldn’t have a clue I’ve never used a digi tacho. I imagine it would be of more help than using guess work and a prayer but I don’t know.

Tipper Tom:

tachograph:

I wouldn’t have a clue I’ve never used a digi tacho. I imagine it would be of more help than using guess work and a prayer but I don’t know.

Fair enough, well you can see on a digital tachograph how much driving you’ve done since your last 45 minute break and also how much break you’ve had.

Basically the display on a digital tachograph makes a stopwatch/timer redundant, so there’s no need for guess work :wink:

tachograph:

Tipper Tom:

tachograph:

Fair enough, well you can see on a digital tachograph how much driving you’ve done since your last 45 minute break and also how much break you’ve had.

Basically the display on a digital tachograph makes a stopwatch/timer redundant, so there’s no need for guess work :wink:

Is that on the bottom left hand corner?

mickyblue:

tachograph:

Tipper Tom:

tachograph:

Is that on the bottom left hand corner?

Which tachograph are you using ?

If it’s a Siemens this post may be of some help

Also see this post

HTH :wink:

Mickeyblue just flick the down arrow down twice and it’ll tell you ; two thin lines = fortnightly driving, TWO thick lines any POA or BREAK/ REST that’s why your diary and pen comes in handy! Just replicate the symbols as you eat, sleep, RAVE, repeat! Sorry that’s a fatboy slim song! :grimacing: :grimacing: every new day in your diary, just put your start hours ( fortnightly ) say for instance 65:30 hours, now you know on your first drive of 4.5 hours you can’t go over 70:00 hours! :laughing: if you drive 2.5 hours and POA it for over 45 mins your drive time WILL RESET TO ZERO! :sunglasses: now if you’ve replicated 2.5 hours with a driving symbol in your diary, POA with a gap as you won’t know how long you’re going to waiting, then another driving symbol with your fortnightly which will be 68:00 hours :grimacing: any breaks just write in your diary as well, it’ll only get complicated if YOU let it! :unamused: once you apply the handbrake, let it round up as you know what happens WHEN YOU COMMIT PEN TO PAPER! Big timers are for anologue only, digital it’s all there for you TOO MANY THICK TRUCKERS OUT THERE still! :wink: anyone for DCPC/ Romanian wages :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: