Hours

DaiDap:
You need to add up better :stuck_out_tongue:
And take into account your digi will round up, so park up on 4.29 at the latest.

Failing that park on the hard shoulder :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Plan to stop after 4hrs drive not 4.25hrs

Fatboy slimslow:
Mickeyblue just flick the down arrow down twice and itā€™ll tell you ; two thin lines = fortnightly driving, TWO thick lines any POA or BREAK/ REST thatā€™s why your diary and pen comes in handy! Just replicate the symbols as you eat, sleep, RAVE, repeat! Sorry thatā€™s a fatboy slim song! :grimacing: :grimacing: every new day in your diary, just put your start hours ( fortnightly ) say for instance 65:30 hours, now you know on your first drive of 4.5 hours you canā€™t go over 70:00 hours! :laughing: if you drive 2.5 hours and POA it for over 45 mins your drive time WILL RESET TO ZERO! :sunglasses: now if youā€™ve replicated 2.5 hours with a driving symbol in your diary, POA with a gap as you wonā€™t know how long youā€™re going to waiting, then another driving symbol with your fortnightly which will be 68:00 hours :grimacing: any breaks just write in your diary as well, itā€™ll only get complicated if YOU let it! :unamused: once you apply the handbrake, let it round up as you know what happens WHEN YOU COMMIT PEN TO PAPER! Big timers are for anologue only, digital itā€™s all there for you TOO MANY THICK TRUCKERS OUT THERE still! :wink: anyone for DCPC/ Romanian wages :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I carry out Fatboy Slimslowā€™s procedure, making a note of the hours every morning and evening then work out the difference and put in the diary. At the end of the week, add up each days figures and you will have a final figure for the week. Now if your calculations are correct, that final total will appear in the bottom left of the screen on a MONDAY morning. For example if the figure is 38:36, your available driving hours for the week are 50:24.

mickyblue:
Only three are in relation to driving but only for going over 4:30 by 1-3 minutes and I have got 8-9 since July 2013

others are WTD related and not enough rest in a week. I think it was by 3 hours.

I have a day driver ring up getting stressed about going over his time one teatime and that he was jacking it in because he was always last back and was never seeing his kids. When I asked him how he had managed to do 4h30m in one afternoon on local day work, it transpired he was always having 30minutes WTD break around 12.00 and thought that he HAD to do the full 4h30m before taking a full 45 minute tacho break.

Simplest way I found was a piece of paper like thisā€¦

Mon 0600 - 2100 *
Tue 0600 - 2100 *
Wed 0600 - 1900 #

And so on, the * means reduced rest, the # means over 10hrs drive, easy.

Since I have always done jobs where I can record shed loads of rest / POA per day, I donā€™t normally have to worry about things such as a 60hr max / 48hr average tbh

mickyblue:
Only three are in relation to driving but only for going over 4:30 by 1-3 minutes and I have got 8-9 since July 2013

others are WTD related and not enough rest in a week. I think it was by 3 hours.

Would those little things really matter, authority loves/needs to find some little problem to berate you with ā€˜think of the children and all thatā€™. Gives the bosses/vosa a feeling of being needed to find a small fault.

waynedl:
Simplest way I found was a piece of paper like thisā€¦

Mon 0600 - 2100 *
Tue 0600 - 2100 *
Wed 0600 - 1900 #

And so on, the * means reduced rest, the # means over 10hrs drive, easy.

Since I have always done jobs where I can record shed loads of rest / POA per day, I donā€™t normally have to worry about things such as a 60hr max / 48hr average tbh

Just done that for this weeks hours. To be honest it bloody helps.

Iā€™ve had an app called TruckerTimer (as recommended by others above) on my phone for a couple of months but have never used it, yesterday I had a little play with it and think it could be exactly what you need.

You can set this programme so that it uses GPS to go automatically to driving mode when you move and back to other work when you stop, you can set the minimum speed to stop it recording driving time when youā€™re walking, all you have to do is remember to put it on break or rest.

I havenā€™t tried it in a vehicle yet but yesterday I went for a walk and set TruckerTimer up before I started, every now and then I looked at it to see if it was working and it seemed to be spot on, I was thinking it would be perfect if you could do manual entries on it, when I got home I found that you can :smiley:

It keeps logs which can be exported into an Excel worksheet, and you can also see a daily summary, weekly summary or fortnightly summary, you can even put the vehicle registration and trailer number into it and keep notes.

As I said I havenā€™t given it a real trial yet but from what Iā€™ve seen Iā€™m really impressed, it looks to me that it could be exactly what you need to help you to keep straight.