Horse burgers.

Are the supermarkets taking burgers off the shelves that contain horse meat?
Are you collecting them?
I’ll take the lot off your hands, It’ll cost to get rid of it, And i don’t mind a bit of horse burger.

ive been in hospital to day after eating one of those horse burgers. i’m in a stable conditon now but i have the trots. the doctor says after overcoming a few hurdles. i should be odds on to make a full recovery… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On a serious note, I work for a company that distributes value burgers and trust me, you would rather eat horse ■■■■ if you knew what actually goes in to your average value burger. Even the premium burgers that are supplied wholesale to the roadside cafes are bulked out with beef heart.

Squiddy:
On a serious note, I work for a company that distributes value burgers and trust me, you would rather eat horse ■■■■ if you knew what actually goes in to your average value burger. Even the premium burgers that are supplied wholesale to the roadside cafes are bulked out with beef heart.

I think there’s a lot more to this story than the government would want to be found or even looked for for obvious reasons.It’s probably a case of feed the domestic market with poor old sick nags while exporting our beef to help with the deficit.Although you can bet that the bankers and MP’s will make sure of their supplies of the right stuff. :imp:

metro.co.uk/2007/04/19/record-be … rs-284534/

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te … ck-1544633

It doesn’t take a genius to realise that there must be a reason as to why horse slaughter here has doubled in the last 5 years and the case above involves the ‘Food’ Standards Agency.

Carryfast:
It doesn’t take a genius to realise that there must be a reason as to why horse slaughter here has doubled in the last 5 years and the case above involves the ‘Food’ Standards Agency.

there is a reason, not the one you are thinking of though, it’s because of restrictions on transport of horses in
EU Regulation 1/2005

You pay say a quid for burgers you get what you pay for to be honest you aren’t gonna get the same meat say a 2.50 box of burgers are gonna have.

Nananananana pffttttt

Squiddy:
Even the premium burgers that are supplied wholesale to the roadside cafes are bulked out with beef heart.

What is wrong with that? Heart meat is both tasty and nutritious. It is also one of the main ingredients in faggots.

Paul

I heard that Horse Raddich goes well with a Burger King atm

Denis F:

Carryfast:

there is a reason, not the one you are thinking of though, it’s because of restrictions on transport of horses in
EU Regulation 1/2005

According to the story it was the ‘Food Standards Agency’ that revoked the slaughter operatives licence for the bad treatment of horses during slaughter nothing to do with bad treatment of horses in transit.I’m assuming the food standards agency in this case means the standards of slaughter of horses ending up as food for human consumption :question: .

No surprise that the government wouldn’t want the fact that horses are ending up in British food products,made clear on the packaging.While the fact that they’ve been caught out by DNA testing is probably an inconvenience,to an obvious plan to introduce horse products,into what the public usually take for granted as being beef,in an attempt to cover up the fact that the real value of the currency is becoming less all the time.While flogging off our beef for export to get some foreign cash into the economy.

repton:

Squiddy:
Even the premium burgers that are supplied wholesale to the roadside cafes are bulked out with beef heart.

What is wrong with that? Heart meat is both tasty and nutritious. It is also one of the main ingredients in faggots.

Paul

Fair enough but in that case it should be clearly described as such on the packaging so the consumers know what they’re being offered when they buy it.In which case those of us who don’t agree and who think that offal should only be used for pet food not for human consumption can then look for something better.As for roadside cafes etc it’s probably better to ask for a decent bacon roll or sandwich than a burger to avoid getting ripped off by paying prime beef cut money for offal or horsemeat. :bulb:

I like horse meat… LEKKER !!

Nothing wrong with offal. Steak and kidney, liver and onion etc. I grew up on good foods like that and have eaten black pudding and Haggis as long as I can remember.

happysack:
Nothing wrong with offal. Steak and kidney, liver and onion etc. I grew up on good foods like that and have eaten black pudding and Haggis as long as I can remember.

That’s ok if it’s a matter of choice for those of us who think that offal is for pet food.But it’s not so good if/when the government start putting it into products that people think are made with prime cuts of beef etc with the obvious intention of lowering the value of wages.In which case how long before wage levels and living standards are reduced to an offal and horsemeat diet while prime cuts of steak get exported to China etc which is probably the government’s real motives.

Come on then all you carnivores, eat a decent burger and your wages will rise (if CF is right, along with your cholesterol) wot a crock of ■■■■■ CF, wherever do you get that drivel from. Exporting prime beef to China. What with the railways being in business to put the trucks of the road and Chas being encouraged to go give Diana a good seeing to at 15 by the establishment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Why not go to a decent butcher then, not Tosco etc.

raymundo:
Come on then all you carnivores, eat a decent burger and your wages will rise (if CF is right, along with your cholesterol) wot a crock of [zb] CF, wherever do you get that drivel from. Exporting prime beef to China. What with the railways being in business to put the trucks of the road and Chas being encouraged to go give Diana a good seeing to at 15 by the establishment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Why not go to a decent butcher then, not Tosco etc.

I think it’s more a case of eat offal and horsemeat,in the supermarket economy range of burgers from Tosco etc.Because the country’s economy has been sold out to the Chinese and that’s all the country can afford to pay anyone to buy,instead of a decent bit of fillet steak and a lobster from Marks. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As for the railways and Chas and Di I think present government transport policy and royal marriage history proves me right. :wink:

Carryfast:
if/when the government start putting it into products that people think are made with prime cuts of beef

All the stuff horse meat was found in was “value” ranges, and anyone who thinks they have ever even been within a couple of feet of a prime cut of beef really does need to get into the real world.

Paul

just as squiddy said about the burgers …you would have tae hold me down an force feed me fish fingers etc …
hauled a load or two from factories yrs back ! more like captain Pugwash than capt birdseye. :bulb:
buffalo,deer, elk,moose all tasty ,sure i had gator down south .was ok.
jimmy.

Carryfast lecturing us on the finer points the meat industry now. Another area in which I’m sure he has a wealth of knowlege.

switchlogic:
Carryfast lecturing us on the finer points the meat industry now. Another area in which I’m sure he has a wealth of knowlege.

I’m no expert but it’s not me who’s lost 60,000,000 Euro’s worth of business and put 140 jobs on the line by using dodgy ‘beef’ supplies.When how difficult can it be to make sure that it’s beef that’s going into the burgers not horsemeat in two countries which have the best beef growing land in the world.

As for ‘value’ or economy burgers I’d expect even the cheapest to be made from proper ground beef from a cut like brisket etc.Not beef offal let alone horsemeat although it’s arguable wether prime cut of horse would be preferable to using beef offal if the currency isn’t worth enough now to use reasonably decent beef in even so called ‘value’ burgers.

Although it doesn’t take a genius to realise that if they can get away with putting horse or offal into value burger meat supplies then how long before someone gets the idea of trying the same thing in even the more expensive burgers considering that the rate of domestic horse slaughter being increased by such levels while beef exports are also growing at record levels seems more than a coincidence to me.

You have got to admire his assertion that “The Government are putting offal in the Burgers”. That takes talking rubbish to a whole new level :laughing: :open_mouth: