Hope somebody can answer this?

can anybody help me with a query i have? I have just passed my class 1 and got told by a bloke i work with that if i get 6 points in the next 2 years i will lose my class 1 entitlement? Is he correct? Many thanks in advance.

Potter:
can anybody help me with a query i have? I have just passed my class 1 and got told by a bloke i work with that if i get 6 points in the next 2 years i will lose my class 1 entitlement? Is he correct? Many thanks in advance.

WRONG :exclamation: :exclamation:

That applies to new drivers who have just got their FIRST licence - usually B (car) :slight_smile:

ADD - however, you can have your licence suspended by the Traffic Commissioner if he feels that any incident that you are involved in is “made worse or could have been worse because you had been driving LGV at the time”

I know there’s a similar kind of thing in place nowadays for new car license holders so i wouldn’t be suprised, although personally i’ve not heard of it on LGV’s yet. Would be an expensive job and a ruddy pain in the yaris if you had two cameras flash you at 46mph on a single carriageway though!

Sorry ROG, overlapped your post. There’s your answer mate! :wink:

Roger Breaker:
Sorry ROG, overlapped your post. There’s your answer mate! :wink:

No prob - ROGER and out :exclamation:

Rog, cant drivers under the young driver scheme lose there licence with six points

willie_mac:
Rog, cant drivers under the young driver scheme lose there licence with six points

That is a possibility IF they are still within 2 years of getting their B licence.

When the driver cpc comes in and 18 year olds can do C & CE the 6 points within the first 2 years rule from when they got their B licence will still apply.

ADD - I ASSUME that they will have to take ALL their licences againg if they get the 6 pointswithin the that above time frame.

Depends Rog, Good to ASSUME before you have to get your tin hat on!

If you pass a test in a category you haven’t held before, you only get that one. If you pass a test in any category you have held before you get them all back, with vocational entitlements subject to the TC.

The page here: Road Traffic (New Drivers) Act 1995 (direct.gov.uk link) should cover it.

The two years starts from passing the first UK test, so if on an exchange licence, it could be a vocational one.