Hoover for truck

Can anyone recommend a good hoover I can use for mucking the cab out please? From what I can gather the 12/24 volt ones are rubbish so preferably a rechargeable cordless one.

Thanks
Matt.

I have one of these angliatoolcentre.co.uk/milwa … wwodfaoAkg

Is a very good tool.

puntabrava:

Is a very good tool.

Thanks mate. Should have said I’m on a tight budget!!

I’ve got the more expensive cordless version of this, around £80, it does the job well…note clean out the inner filter regularly cos it soon gets bunged up.

blackanddecker.co.uk/homepro … o/PAD1200/

I bought a cordless rechargeable vacuum cleaner and it is absolute ■■■, a complete and total waste of money. A handheld vacuum cleaner will typically run at 55 watts, there’s a bit of an uproar at the moment because eu regulations restrict domestic vacuum cleaners to 1600 watts, so 30 times as powerful as the piece of crap I got suckered with. :wink:

I got one of these
http://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/homeproducts/productdetails/catno/PAV1205/.
Works well enough but the ■■■ lighter plug gets pretty damned hot.
Ya need to empty it every time you use it basically.
Picking up a few crumbs isn’t a problem. A 10 - 15 minute cab clean-up and it gets quite full n warm.

I rate this Black and Decker model as the best of the sensibly priced. All the dustbuster style ones, peddled by most cordless drill tool companies, are crap for suction and getting into the nooks and crannies. Haven’t had any problems with the cigarette lighter getting warm.

xfmatt:

puntabrava:

Is a very good tool.

Thanks mate. Should have said I’m on a tight budget!!

You’ll be into the same again for just one li-on battery and charger to fit it. Although nothing less than £50 will be worth having in my experience.

Own Account Driver:
I rate this Black and Decker model as the best of the sensibly priced. All the dustbuster style ones, peddled by most cordless drill tool companies, are crap for suction and getting into the nooks and crannies. Haven’t had any problems with the cigarette lighter getting warm.

I bought one of these for about £35 somewhere. Brilliant

I have one of those dyson hand held hoovers. Costs a bit but if you look on e.bay etc they tend to pop up at good price. Full charge lasts about 20min and dose a good job for me. Best thing i ever got for the truck

Surely a dust pan and brush would do the job, it’s not as though it’s a huge area to clean :smiley:

pump:
I have one of those dyson hand held hoovers. Costs a bit but if you look on e.bay etc they tend to pop up at good price. Full charge lasts about 20min and dose a good job for me. Best thing i ever got for the truck

+1

dust pan and brush and an air line that’s all you need a quick clean on a night and a better one at the end of the working week.

Darb:
Surely a dust pan and brush would do the job, it’s not as though it’s a huge area to clean :smiley:

This. Or for ultimate simplicity, open both doors and let nature do it for you.

Hoover for truck?

Sounds like a fair exchange.

What sort of truck? :smiley: :smiley:

Make sure paperwork and all odds and sods are stored away safely,then open both doors when its windy :wink:

Win-Stone:
Hoover for truck?

Sounds like a fair exchange.

What sort of truck? :smiley: :smiley:

An 06 reg Hino, two Paddy owners in London.
Will swap for an All Ride 24v hoover? :laughing:
Seriously, will a normal rechargeable “Dustbuster” type vacuum get dog hairs off a seat? My passenger seat is minging thanks to Ralph, the boss’ Jack Russell.

I tried various hoovers over the years and I’ve given up trying to find a decent one. I find an air-gun connected to the air supply for the seat is much more effective. Just open the doors and blast all the dirt towards them.

x1 for the airgun

Thetaff2:

pump:

+1

+2, I do mine and the wife’s car with one of these. I got the pet one, as I think (it’s a while ago I bought it) it has a bit more extras in the box.