Hook Parking

I have a very rare night out tomorrow and I’m looking to park along the M3 corridor M25 as far as Hook/Basingstoke. Don’t want Fleet services but looking for a proper Truckstop. Company pays for parking so laybye rats need not reply :smiley: Any ideas guys?

would this be ok if your companies paying and you dont want to be another cab rat?
plenty of parking round the back.
they do a good egg and chips or kebab and free wifi

fourseasons.com/hampshire/

msgyorkie:
I have a very rare night out tomorrow and I’m looking to park along the M3 corridor M25 as far as Hook/Basingstoke. Don’t want Fleet services but looking for a proper Truckstop. Company pays for parking so laybye rats need not reply :smiley: Any ideas guys?

There’s not that much down that area and HGV’s aren’t allowed to park up in Fleet services southbound anyway

dieseldog999:
would this be ok if your companies paying and you dont want to be another cab rat?
plenty of parking round the back.
they do a good egg and chips or kebab and free wifi

fourseasons.com/hampshire/

Nice one,I like it,from a cab rat.

msgyorkie:

Best stay at home,nothing down that way,lots of decent laybys,but they’re not for you are they.

If using M25 , not knowing which way you are coming to the M3, there’s Beaconsfield M40 not far from the M25 or Cobham on the M25. Neither give food vouchers with your parking fee, but both have lots of eating facilities within the buildings. Beacon isn’t great on spaces so don’t leave it too late and Cobham is bigger but fills up very quickly.

Cheers guys. That area is indeed barren for traditional lorry stops.
Oh and yes I don’t do laybye parking…its 2018 not 1918…wash facilities and toilets are the basics I expect when parking for the night.

msgyorkie:
Oh and yes I don’t do laybye parking…its 2018 not 1918…wash facilities and toilets are the basics I expect when parking for the night.

Shhhh don’t kill the myth mate ffs !. :unamused:
Have you not read some of the posts on here?
All us ‘‘unpaid security guards’’ LIVE in lay bys, ■■■■ in Tesco bags, use wet wipes to wash (after the first week out) , and live on a diet of Ginsters pies, Mars bars, and Coca Cola. :unamused:
:laughing: :laughing:

so did you find somewhere acceptable for your requirements,or did you just rough it in the four seasons? :unamused:

Plenty of parking at the hook of Holland and there’s no cab rats to be seen for miles

msgyorkie:
Cheers guys. That area is indeed barren for traditional lorry stops.

All laybys come equipped with toilet facilities, you can see the pish and ■■■■ in them all.

pierrot 14:
If using M25 , not knowing which way you are coming to the M3, there’s Beaconsfield M40 not far from the M25 or Cobham on the M25. Neither give food vouchers with your parking fee, but both have lots of eating facilities within the buildings. Beacon isn’t great on spaces so don’t leave it too late and Cobham is bigger but fills up very quickly.

Beaconsfield seems to fill up before its even emptied from the night before. Last time i stopped there i got lucky and turned up just as someone else was leaving but the place was heaving. All the truck and coach spaces were full as was most of the car park.

Cobham is much the same, trucks seems to end up parked on the entrance slip virtually the whole way back to the M25 most nights, and the robbing ■■■■■ still send someone all the way along it telling people to pay up.

pierrot 14:

Beaconsfield probably smells worse and is noisier than a lot of decent lay-bys that are set back from the road.

Rowley010:

pierrot 14:

Beaconsfield probably smells worse and is noisier than a lot of decent lay-bys that are set back from the road.

It does!!

The problem I always found with truckstops and MSAs is that there are likely to be other trucks there, and I would sooner have crapped in a carrier bag than been woken up by some fanny in a Scanny revving the ■■■■ off of his engine at 0300 on the grounds that “If I’m awake, then so can everybody else be”. :cry:

bobbya:

Rowley010:

pierrot 14:

It does!!

Ah but the services have toilets, showers, eateries and unless you’re actually sleeping on the tarmac, I don’t think the smell will actually bother you! The OP did actually say that he doesn’t do lay-byes so that was why I pointed him in this direction, but you two obviously like lay-byes, each to his own I suppose :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
The problem I always found with truckstops and MSAs is that there are likely to be other trucks there, and I would sooner have crapped in a carrier bag than been woken up by some fanny in a Scanny revving the ■■■■ off of his engine at 0300 on the grounds that “If I’m awake, then so can everybody else be”. :cry:

So drivers don’t rev their trucks in lay-byes Harry? :unamused: whatever! And you’ve actually admitted here on line, on a forum, to preferring to ■■■ in a bag :open_mouth: , well at least you don’t do it in the bushes! :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:

bobbya:

Rowley010:

pierrot 14:

It does!!

Ah but the services have toilets, showers, eateries and unless you’re actually sleeping on the tarmac, I don’t think the smell will actually bother you! The OP did actually say that he doesn’t do lay-byes so that was why I pointed him in this direction, but you two obviously like lay-byes, each to his own I suppose :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t say I like them, but I’d always choose an industrial estate over services/truck stop that stinks and is noisy. I’d just plan to use facilities during the day or go to one of the estates I know that has a large supermarket or McDonalds etc close by.

Well we now come back to what the OP was asking for don’t we ? Somewhere to park up that isn’t a lay-bye, so I presume he wanted somewhere with facilities, which is why I pointed him in the direction of those 2 places.

robroy:

msgyorkie:

Shhhh don’t kill the myth mate ffs !. :unamused:
Have you not read some of the posts on here?
All us ‘‘unpaid security guards’’ LIVE in lay bys, [zb] in Tesco bags, use wet wipes to wash (after the first week out) , and live on a diet of Ginsters pies, Mars bars, and Coca Cola. :unamused:
:laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: