Home delivery stories

just wondered is any of you lot have any interesting home delivery stories, ive got a couple of quick ones, many years ago i had to delivery a microwave to a house in harrogate , so knocked on the door , a bloke answers who looked alarmingly like the keymaster off ghostbusters :open_mouth: ,Anyway i went and got the microwave entered the house and the bloke shouted bring it through to the back mate. So i did only to find this bloke sat at a table giving himself a swift one off the wrist :open_mouth: :open_mouth: he didnt even stop just carried on !! i quickly put the microwave down asked him to sign for it which he duly did then carried on his activity, and asked me if i would like a brew . I declined his offer and got out of there pronto!! 24 years ago and its like it was yesterday :unamused: Another one is i was delivering a kitchen to a council house in the north west was bout 7.30 am knocked on the door and very tidy lady answered the door in her nighty :smiley: , carted the stuff in and she offered me a brew and some toast, which i accepted , would be rude not to wouldnt it!! had a right good chat and fancied my chances for next time as she didnt get all the stuff she should have. Low and behold 2 days later i was there again same treatment brew, toast and and good laff , upon drinking my brew i saw some pics on the wall which i hadnt noticed the first time , of a bloke with his fists up in a "mohammed ali " pose , a little curious i asked the woman who it was , it turned out to be her husband who just happened to be a bare knuckle fist fighter :open_mouth: ive never drank a brew and ate toast as quick in my life made my excuses and got the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of there , thankfully i never went back :smiley: :smiley:

largebloke1969:
just wondered is any of you lot have any interesting home delivery stories, ive got a couple of quick ones, many years ago i had to delivery a microwave to a house in harrogate , so knocked on the door , a bloke answers who looked alarmingly like the keymaster off ghostbusters :open_mouth: ,Anyway i went and got the microwave entered the house and the bloke shouted bring it through to the back mate. So i did only to find this bloke sat at a table giving himself a swift one off the wrist :open_mouth: :open_mouth: he didnt even stop just carried on !! i quickly put the microwave down asked him to sign for it which he duly did then carried on his activity, and asked me if i would like a brew . I declined his offer and got out of there pronto!! 24 years ago and its like it was yesterday :unamused: Another one is i was delivering a kitchen to a council house in the north west was bout 7.30 am knocked on the door and very tidy lady answered the door in her nighty :smiley: , carted the stuff in and she offered me a brew and some toast, which i accepted , would be rude not to wouldnt it!! had a right good chat and fancied my chances for next time as she didnt get all the stuff she should have. Low and behold 2 days later i was there again same treatment brew, toast and and good laff , upon drinking my brew i saw some pics on the wall which i hadnt noticed the first time , of a bloke with his fists up in a "mohammed ali " pose , a little curious i asked the woman who it was , it turned out to be her husband who just happened to be a bare knuckle fist fighter :open_mouth: ive never drank a brew and ate toast as quick in my life made my excuses and got the [zb] out of there , thankfully i never went back :smiley: :smiley:

Should have ā€œgave it oneā€ . . (the bird in the nighty,not the geezer banging one out) :confused: .

I used to work for hotpoint years ago, delivering washing machines and fridges etc to houses, one of the best jobs I had, turning up at peopleā€™s houses and as the op has said you see all sorts, regular had naked men and women trying to hide behind the front door as they answered it. A woman answered the door and said to bring her delivery through, off I went and got it and came into the house to a hallway with all the doors closed in it, I picked a door and opened it and went in only to see the woman naked :open_mouth: , of all the doors to open it was the bedroom, her fella was in bed and wasnā€™t impressed, told me to ā– ā– ā– ā–  of out of it :laughing: .

Had another woman in tottenham who I was getting along really well with as I installed her washing machine machine, offered me and the lad I was working with a place to stay for the night if we wanted to take her out.

And the old trick, when the woman was holding her dressing gown closed and then you need your delivery note signed, used to have pen in one hand and DN in the other, hold them out for them to take and hope they dressing gown falls open, worked sometimes and sometimes it didnā€™t :laughing:

Was a good job with good perks from naked birds to good tips

i went to a house in a cul-de-sac with an 18 t rigid, the house was at the very end and at the top of a hill.
i knocked on the door and this very old bloke came and answered, then he said oh great my delivery.
i then asked him where it was going, he said straight in the garage,
which garage i asked , he said the one at the back,

i said who else is going to help unload all 7 pallets mayonnaise with no tailift, he said just you as i am on my way outā€¦

so the whole lot went back to the depot. lol.

greggy:
i went to a house in a cul-de-sac with an 18 t rigid, the house was at the very end and at the top of a hill.
i knocked on the door and this very old bloke came and answered, then he said oh great my delivery.
i then asked him where it was going, he said straight in the garage,
which garage i asked , he said the one at the back,

i said who else is going to help unload all 7 pallets mayonnaise with no tailift, he said just you as i am on my way outā€¦

so the whole lot went back to the depot. lol.

The question on everyones lips is, WTF did he want with 7 plts of mayo in his garage anywayā– ā– ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I delivered some sand to a house where the owners were building an extension themselves. They reversed me up the driveway when I felt the lorry sinking; Theyā€™d ā€œbuiltā€ the driveway themselves simply by taking the turf off and laying shingle down fairly deeply on top of the soil. Christ knows how they were building an extension but I just managed to get myself out of the gravelled bog Iā€™d createdā€¦and then spread mud and shingle farmer-style through the housing estate.

lol,did a home delivery once ā€¦i knocked on the door and it just sort o swung open :unamused: and there was a guy with his trousers round his ankles banging a bird over a table ā€¦he just looked round an said leave the box at the door im busy at the moment lololā€¦
:open_mouth: :smiley:
jimmy.

I suspect this has an element of truth.fumaga.com/6557

mike68:
I suspect this has an element of truth.fumaga.com/6557

Just like temp work at DPD! :smiley:

Drove a mini cab for awhile at Ipswich and took a young single mum home, she asked if I wanted to come in for a cup of tea, I agreed and stayed for three days. Annoying thing is she never paid me the fare. :frowning:

Sort of home delivery, yes ?

Was working for a generic bed company last year and was delivering round ruislip-london, One of our deliveries was to a middle aged single woman called mrs johnson.

Anyway, she asked if we could take her mattress upstairs for her and bring the old one down, she was very polite so agree`d and proceeded upstairs with said mattress.
As i walked into her room and lifted the old mattress up, under the mattress i saw what can only be described as a 12inch illuminous pink womans god rod!

I laid the old matt back down and shouted down to the woman that i`d agree to take it downstairs but (in my exact words) ā€œthere is an item of hers that she needs to remove firstā€. :wink:

The look on her face was priceless when she knew what we found lol.

When i worked at Panic, we used to deliver fireworks from wetherby. Did one drop at a blokes house in leicester, was two or three plts worth. All handball, where are they going i asked?
just stack em in the kitchen mate, he replied!!!

Theres H & S for ya!! :open_mouth:

Some very funny tales folks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not exactly ā€˜Home deliveryā€™ but I have delivered to private homes on odd occasionsā€¦ Once driving for FED EX when I first started I had a hired rigid deivering Gold Star stuff, one day I had 10 VHS recorders to deliver to a house in Nottingham. I nice well spoken indian lady answered the door and I went to the truck and put the stack of videos on the tail lift, a truck rushed by making the vehicle shake, the entire stack of players fell off and rolled down the hill hitting a wall, the lady just watched open mouthed as I re-stacked them on the barrow and got her to sign for all the battered boxes, I said ā€œDonā€™t worry, they are all shock proofā€
I was also delivering electrical equipment to a posh house in Northampton and the old shaky guy who opened the door had just recently had a heart attack according to his wife so please be very carefull around him ? ā€¦ some of the stuff consisted of large spot lamps and she asked if I could install one that niether of them could reach, I climbed the step ladder and dropped the thing which then exploded with a huge bang ā€¦ result ?
Ambulance, Doctor and another heart attack for the old guy :laughing:

lilysgranpa:
When i worked at Panic, we used to deliver fireworks from wetherby. Did one drop at a blokes house in leicester, was two or three plts worth. All handball, where are they going i asked?
just stack em in the kitchen mate, he replied!!!

Theres H & S for ya!! :open_mouth:

I used to do themā€¦Did you get any freebies off the young feller up there? I made a killing one year.! :sunglasses:

I went with 32 Euro pallet Pelled Tomatoes to an address in Nuernberg
Everything OK.They had Paper,i opened the rear and went for Cash Machine and Breakfast.
When i came back after an Hour they had unloaded one Pallet and were putting Carton by Carton from the second Pallet down to a empty Pallet.
:bulb: They had no Forklift
then they rolled that Pallet with a Pumptruck to the Ramp and put Carton by Carton on a empty Pallet on the ram
:bulb: because of the Lack of an Forklift
But now i had then enough and phoned up,because it was Friday 09.00 already
Answer of Office. :grimacing: You have to be at 13.00 in east germany at a saw Mill to load Roofing timber for Saragusa
The Result when i asked them to speed up?
I got a Espresso to relax my Nerves :laughing:
I then opened the hole Site that they mustnt run with every carton from front to back and was at 15.00 at the saw Mill

Good thread this some funny posts!

When I first started for Swifts at a very young 20 years of age I worked nights in the warehouse and learned various skills such as shunting for a slightly older guy who was great fun, he drove the bet fork lift on site, it was a Caterpillar with monotrole (he could do 30 nph and instantly swtch to reverse) it also had extenting forks (widthways) that could clamp things. Swifts had some occasional home deliveries and one night there was a fiberglass garage for some house in Birmingham, it was not boxed but laid in a large pallet and each section was laid flat and separated by corrigated cardboard. This guy and me were talking about something funny as every conversation we had was amusing :laughing: He shot off to do some work and forgot his forks were as wide as could go, the left fork tore right into the garage kit and made a huge hole in several sections. We looked worried at each other and starightened the stack, pulling the cardboard over the damage and expected a ful enquirery next day ā€¦ Nothing was ever said :question: :question: :question:
Did the customer want a destroyed garage delivered then or what :question:

Many years ago when I was on parcels I delivered one to Newark, knocked on the door, young lady answered wearing a shortish nightie, I handed her the large box and she wandered off up the hall with it. I told her I needed a signature so she turned round still with the box in her hands, unknown to her her nightie had ridden up and was trapped by the large box. Needless to say I also had a nice view of her ā€œboxā€ as she walked back down the hall.

Always get the ladies to bend down and sign on the scanner, which you placed on the packageā€¦Thrupenny bits on full view every time!

I know someone who had to deliver to an address of ā€œThe Old Forgeā€. He thought logically and went to the church as old forges and manor houses often are nearby. Found the old forge but owner hadnā€™t ordered anything. It turns out the previous owner had liked the name and so called their brand new house on a little expensive development the driver passed on his way in ā€œThe Old Forgeā€. Silly cow couldnā€™t understand the problemā€¦