Home comforts / in cab living

Hi all

Do you have any pictures of living in trucks ? so i can show my son what it used to be like/is living
in the cab for weeks on end with stoves all your bags food etc.
He has only seen what its like now with microwaves and all mod cons and thinks we were mad to do it then.
but to us it was an adventure then, and is to me a little mundane now, perhaps thats my age talking.

Thanks

Yeah, here’s one to start of with. :smiling_imp:

looks like a Magnum DAFMAD all that room fold down seats night heater in the middle and the fold down table :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

And dont forget the AIRCON :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

DAFMAD:

Could this be Harry Gill and Sandman Norman on a night out ? ( Only joking boy’s ).
I like the size of that Sat Nav or is it an early copy of Truck and Driver on goatskin ?.
Didn’t the Ford Transcontinental have a top bunk that pulled down from the ceiling like that.
Bestbooties will know, he also has a great photo of a kitchen that he built in his Volvo F12, I think that’s what you are looking for dm46.

Kitchen set up.Originally installed in Scania 142 but transferred to a VolvoF12,but specifically made for installation in a left hand drive vehicle.

Kitchen packed away for working in the office.

Kitchen packed away to watch TV from my bunk.

In addition,Volvo fridge under the bunk,night heater and air con.
Remember,this was in the days before high roof cabs when best use had to be made of a standard cab.
This was in the early '80’s wen I was doing the M/E and away for up to 6 weeks at a time.

There is a brilliant photo on the link above of David Duxbury’s White in Dover Dock’s.
I wonder if Big Al could contact David’s son and see if he has got anymore photo’s like that :smiley: .
Bestbooties, if you look at the link above, three post’s before the Marathon story there is a photo of an M.A.N. jacket.
I can’t remember Alan Jones’s M.A.N. jacket ever looking like that, can you :laughing: .
Regards Steve.

not from too long ago (2006). this is the scania i drove for hoyer as you can see bed doubled up as a place to put the fridge during the day. my away bag and ADR bag were kept on the top bunk. i was on a rolling shift so at the end of every week all your gear had to go home with you.

hope these are ok?.

stravaiger:
They sent drivers to the Middle East in that??!!! Biglorryblog on the mighty Leyland Marathon overland tractor

Difficult to believe that there was a time when people did the Middle East run in a Leyland Marathon…but they did. (one wonders if they ever got back again…no BLB walk away from that!) And they did the work for large operations like BRS too. Biglorryblog has ‘Mr Pictures’ old Ashley Coghill for these gems which clearly show a state-of-the-art Marathon ready for the run down to Iraq and Saudi.

And dig this wonderful shot of the interior of the Middle east Marathon (not Snickers) complete with gas cooker and all the trimmings. Good to see the trusty flask by the (left-hand) driver’s. No doubt full of warming Bovril.

Full article found in BLB archives July 2007.
Happy hunting…jim
roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/

■■■■ Rivers, Max Bygraves cassette playing - nice :laughing:

Many Thanks Lads for the pictures, Any more ■■

Wish I`d took some pics of a mate of mine cooking up a 3 course Curry in an F7
(not saying who it was but anyone remember Maurice one time chairman of the Geordie Truckers Club anybody needed anything Muarice would probably have it. Unbelieveable what he used to carry in that F7) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A warm summer evening,somewhere east of Istanbul.My running mate caught me concocting some culinary delight at the “trailer box kitchen”

Ian mate I’ve pm’d you,I hope it has worked,cheers Jamie

bestbooties:
A warm summer evening,somewhere east of Istanbul.My running mate caught me concocting some culinary delight at the “trailer box kitchen”

Now, if ime not mistaken , you are peeling a goats gonad there driver :laughing:
or is it a sheeps eye? :neutral_face:

When in Rome ya know…

WAS THAT LITTLE MAURICE EX ARMSTRONGS GREEK , DAVY TILSON (THE FAT 1 ) WAS THE SAME WITH THE GEAR IN THE CAB ALWAYS GOOD TO RUN WITH NEVER WENT HUNGRY WITH DAVEY, GEORDIE FOSTER WAS ANOTHER WHEN HE WORKED FOR RTH ALWAYS GOOD FOR FRY UP IN THE MORNING HAD SOME GOOD WEEKENDS WITH FOSTER.

Yep same Maurice, Long time since I`ve seen Davy although did speak to him on the phone while he was sitting with a mate of mine in Colsterworth believe he still does a bit as compare at Toulsons Truckshow

mushroomman:

DAFMAD:

Could this be Harry Gill and Sandman Norman on a night out ? ( Only joking boy’s ).
I like the size of that Sat Nav or is it an early copy of Truck and Driver on goatskin ?.
Didn’t the Ford Transcontinental have a top bunk that pulled down from the ceiling like that.
Bestbooties will know, he also has a great photo of a kitchen that he built in his Volvo F12, I think that’s what you are looking for dm46.

fak me thats me an old man int 2800 daf,happy dayz :grimacing: