Home brew sleeper cabs

coomsey:
Sleep tight ! NMP off FB

:open_mouth:

Then again, it’s better than trying to kip across the seats of a TK.

On that subject, can we post pics of furniture wagons with the luton converted to a sleeper? Or is that cheating? :grimacing:

ParkRoyal2100:

coomsey:
Sleep tight ! NMP off FB

On that subject, can we post pics of furniture wagons with the luton converted to a sleeper? Or is that cheating? :grimacing:

we used the big thing on the back to sleep in on the way down to south of france, had to slum it on the way back though

tony

nuk st tropez.jpg

ParkRoyal2100:

coomsey:
Sleep tight ! NMP off FB

Go for it! :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:

ParkRoyal2100:

coomsey:
Sleep tight ! NMP off FB

Go for it! :sunglasses:

before and after photos of a p380 drawbar my subcontractor operated out of here. we chopped the hydraulic ramps off as we needed overhang , then added a drop down bunk as it was a day cab, which wasn’t exactly a roaring success , then i had to find somebody to add a sleeper pod , cant remember who exactly but they’re in lancashire and do a lot of furniture van sleeper pods , it had to be trimmed down from the normanl height , now that worked pretty well.
tony

drawbar 3 x 6, 1 x 3 front.jpg

Swift_Plant_Hire_18.jpg

This beauty has been uncovered and is for sale on Facebook.

Steve.

vwvanman0:

Steve.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That is fugly imo

Suedehead:

vwvanman0:

Steve.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That is fugly imo

Chop that monstrosity off the top refurb the cab and your on your way to 141 £££

Home brew ? NMP off FB

FB_IMG_1638523385045.jpg

coomsey:
Home brew ? NMP off FB

Pucker job that, I think that’s a Locomotors from Andover

robthedog:

coomsey:
Home brew ? NMP off FB

Pucker job that, I think that’s a Locomotors from Andover

Reckon you are right, had a Locomotors sleeper conversion on a Bedford TM. They were branded as Nightrider.

Nice longline F88

That 88 looks like the dogs dangelies!

David

Is that the drivers wife ?

Something tells me that, nowadays, a bare-breasted guy wearing shorts wouldn’t be admitted in that country.

Froggy55:
Something tells me that, nowadays, a bare-breasted guy wearing shorts wouldn’t be admitted in that country.

I tried it both ways. The bottom line is: they’ll put up with your shorts, earrings and bare chest in most Middle-East and North Africa countries if you’re driving a lorry or engaged on other ex-pat work. However, if you just pop the trousers and T-shirt on you are treated with palpably greater respect and acceptance. I found the difference significant enough to make that simple concession for a easier ride. You could still sneak in a spot of sun bathing when off duty behind the wagon. Ro

Is that Vos 88 a Photoshop job? IIRC, there was one of those, a few pages back.

[zb]
anorak:
Is that Vos 88 a Photoshop job? IIRC, there was one of those, a few pages back.

I don’t know if that’s a photoshop but the legend that was Pat Seale had the real deal

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

I tried it both ways. The bottom line is: they’ll put up with your shorts, earrings and bare chest in most Middle-East and North Africa countries if you’re driving a lorry or engaged on other ex-pat work. However, if you just pop the trousers and T-shirt on you are treated with palpably greater respect and acceptance. I found the difference significant enough to make that simple concession for a easier ride. You could still sneak in a spot of sun bathing when off duty behind the wagon. Ro

You could; but could you still do it now without ending publicly whipped? That was my question

Froggy55:

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

You could; but could you still do it now without ending publicly whipped? That was my question

Fair question Froggy55. I don’t know the answer, but I’d hazard a guess that scanty attire would probably still be tolerated in the Border compounds (where many of these pictures were taken) and again, out in the wilderness (where many pictures were also taken); but, as always, discouraged in the villages and towns, especially if you are eating in a restaurant or cafe, or going shopping. For the first time ever, Saudi has very recently opened its borders to tourism. More adventurous tour companies like Wild Frontiers were offering new tourist trips to Saudi just before the pandemic struck its blow against all tourism. I remember drivers being asked politely to cover up and put cigarettes out on the Saudi border during Ramadan, so I imagine that something along those lines would prevail.