Holiday Ruined at Cherwell Valley Services?

IMG_20230621_170409147_HDR~2.jpgSpied this at Cherwell Valley Services earlier…

I’ve reversed my trailer into a wooden post before, happy to say I’ve not done a £70k motorhome yet.

KTMrider:
01Spied this at Cherwell Valley Services earlier…

I’ve reversed my trailer into a wooden post before, happy to say I’ve not done a £70k motorhome yet.

Haha! Serves them right for parking there. Always see cars, vans and motorhomes parked in lorry spaces. Absolute wind up. Especially when you can’t get parked up cause a little transit is taking a space!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

neon989:
Serves them right for parking there.

I don’t think…

The destruction of someone’s hard earned, very expensive campervan, possibly their only home, is funny.

Parking of leisure vans and caravans in HGV bays always happens in the summer months. It really isn’t a biggy.

Nice attitude. Get over yourself.

Has that really happened in situ? Or a crash on the road and been parked there?

Hahahaha.

Id love one of those morohimes for retirement,they cost a fortune though.I bet tgat one is 60k

yourhavingalarf:

neon989:
Serves them right for parking there.

I don’t think…

The destruction of someone’s hard earned, very expensive campervan, possibly their only home, is funny.

Parking of leisure vans and caravans in HGV bays always happens in the summer months. It really isn’t a biggy.

Nice attitude. Get over yourself.

IF it’s been hit by a truck reversing in it would have been in it’s blind spot. Drivers fault as he should have got out and had a look if they weren’t sure. HOWEVER if it had been parked in the correct place and at Cherwell valley there are signs directing caravans/camper vans to it then in all likelihood this doesn’t happen. Yes parking of camper vans, caravans, cars and vans in hgv parking happens. Yes it annoys the hell out of me when I’ve pulled into the last 2 trying to get parked but can’t because of the aforementioned vehicles taking up the limited spaces available. So yes I have zero sympathy with things like this. That’s my opinion, yours is different. But we are all entitled to one.

Headlights missing/broken, but no visible broken glass and debris on the ground, is there?
Maybe been dropped off there as part of a relayed recovery operation?

Maybe some of the very indignant and angry posters should be shouting at the truck driver that left it there?

When I was doing recovery, we quite often got a long distance recovery. We would be told to take casualty from Somerset to somewhere like Fleet or Cherwell and dump the unaccompanied vehcile. Another company would then collect it for the second part of the journey.
I had one to collect which was the 7th part of the relay trip from Scotland to Devon. :open_mouth:

Franglais:
Headlights missing/broken, but no visible broken glass and debris on the ground, is there?

Maybe some of the very indignant and angry posters should be shouting at the truck driver that left it there?

My thoughts exactly. I don’t see how a lorry driver could have avoided an Hgv parked there, but hit it because it was only a little campervan.

SWEDISH BLUE:
When I was doing recovery, we quite often got a long distance recovery. We would be told to take casualty from Somerset to somewhere like Fleet or Cherwell and dump the unaccompanied vehcile. Another company would then collect it for the second part of the journey.
I had one to collect which was the 7th part of the relay trip from Scotland to Devon. :open_mouth:

Spotted that last week at Cherwell, a local recovery truck dropped a car off and about half an hour later another came with a demountable flatbed and loaded it up. When we had a caravan it was permissible at some service areas to use the HGV parking if the dedicated caravan ones were occupied, don’t know if that’s still the case?

Pete.

stu675:
Has that really happened in situ? Or a crash on the road and been parked there?

i was driving past the Service’s entrance/exit early yesterday afternoon,and there was an artic stationary across the road coming out of Cherwell causing absolute chaos.not sure if it was the motorhome incident though…

I suppose its no worse than lorries parked in coach only bays…

Too bone idle to reverse into a bay behind!!!

Stephenjp:

possibly been there all night…with all lorry spaces taken? i see lorries parked in the coach,and sometimes car parks in MSM’s in the early hours…not enough parking for trucks…even the new Cambridge services was rammed when 1 of our guy’s had to park there recently…

Cullompton msa is the worst, the caravan and camper park is just as you enter, on the lhs just before the fuel station, but they either miss it , ignore it, or both and head for the truck park. :unamused:
Height of season it is a pain in the arse to get parked, sometimes. there is no room even to turn around,.as they just abandon rather than park, plus cars also use it adding to the problem.

On caravan damage,.a couple of months ago a guy pulled on Feankley s/b pulling a fancy expensive looking twin axle caravan.
It was obviously too long for him,.when he passed ( or tried to pass) a parked truck, he did not take a big enough swing and took the right hand side of it out from the middle to the caravan rear.
I don’t know which was making him more ■■■■■■ off,.the damage or the grief he was gettng from his Mrs. :smiley:

carryfast-yeti:

Stephenjp:

possibly been there all night…with all lorry spaces taken? i see lorries parked in the coach,and sometimes car parks in MSM’s in the early hours…not enough parking for trucks…even the new Cambridge services was rammed when 1 of our guy’s had to park there recently…

Na, this was Sarn Park services, he pulled in while I was sat there having a break and there were plenty of free spaces, there were 4 next to me!!!

neon989:

KTMrider:
01Spied this at Cherwell Valley Services Haha! Serves them right for parking there. Always see cars, vans and motorhomes parked in lorry spaces. Absolute wind up. Especially when you can’t get parked up cause a little transit is taking a space!

Pretty nasty to be honest, another shining example of some drivers attitude eh
Let’s hope something that you’ve maybe saved up most of your life doesn’t get damaged

Stephenjp:

carryfast-yeti:

Stephenjp:

Na, this was Sarn Park services, he pulled in while I was sat there having a break and there were plenty of free spaces, there were 4 next to me!!!

One of my hang ups is Hgv drivers pulling straight into coach bays when there is plenty of Hgv bays available ( especially in the day ) Hgv drivers are the first to moan when other vehicles are parked in Hgv park
And don’t get me started on drivers who park on the pumps then waddle in to get the greggs & cup of tea with not a fuel card in sight ( nearly had a full on fight with a driver at Michaelwood couple of months back early in the morning , but just walked away to old for all that malarkey now . When he walked past my vehicle he actually threw his tea and a cake he had bought in greggs at my windscreen he was in such a mood ( I laughed my head off at him ) all caught on camera and sent to his company

Franglais:

You make an excellent point, well two in fact.

Was pretty tired when I took that pic (so probably not at my best for thinking rationally) and had forgotten all about the concept of Relayed recovery operations…

Ah well, did make the stop a bit more interesting wondering what had happened…

KTMrider:

Franglais:

You make an excellent point, well two in fact.

Was pretty tired when I took that pic (so probably not at my best for thinking rationally) and had forgotten all about the concept of Relayed recovery operations…

Ah well, did make the stop a bit more interesting wondering what had happened…

Never mind.
Gave some muppets yet another excuse to shout and rant about nowt much. (Not that they need much excuse :smiley:)