Hoilday Cover

Im off this week and i am just wondering wot i am going to come back to because for the 1st time my company has hired a agency driver
the norm is for my wagon to be parked up but they r quite busy this week. i left it in in mint cond and took all my gear out. the agency driver has to have 3 nights out as well so i hope he is not a smelly :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Its bad enough when they put someone you know in the lorry thats a bit iffy but even worse when its a total stranger… Id just expect the worse and if it aint bad then its a bonus…

Big ■■■■:
Im off this week and i am just wondering wot i am going to come back to because for the 1st time my company has hired a agency driver
the norm is for my wagon to be parked up but they r quite busy this week. i left it in in mint cond and took all my gear out. the agency driver has to have 3 nights out as well so i hope he is not a smelly :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

your truck will look your boss rented it out to the army for a week and they used it on the battle field, bullet holes in the windscreen and down the side of the cab, spent ammo in passenger foot well, blood splatters on the seats and windows and your bed will look like it was used as a field hospital :exclamation: :exclamation:

Agency drivers are Smelly?
Agency drivers are the dog crap on your boots?
Agency drivers are the lowest form of life you should look down upon & treat with contempt?

Why do “Employed” drivers cast US agency drivers with the stereotype
and think that we are 1 or all of the above :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I don’t think many people keep your motor to the standard you do when you’re a tramper, although I’m sure that some do.

When I was last tramping, every so often you run back to the yard for one night during the week and your motor was used by night men. They weren’t agency drivers but some of them were right inconsiderate scruffy stinky [zb] who thought nothing of dossing on your bed, on your quilt with their dirty boots!!!

There’s no denying that temporary drivers rarely look after a motor as good as the tramper, but it’s wrong to make out that all agency drivers are bad - there’s plenty of full-timers that leave a lot to be desired.

years ago when my dad (drastabasti) worked for driverhire grimsby, he did a 2week stint with macain same, he had the same wagon over the fortnight, on the weekend of the 2nd week we went down to the yard and cleaned the wagon, in side and out, at one point the usual drive turned up to put his stuff back in the wagon and was suprised to see it in better condition than he left it. i’m sure there are some horror stories out of there from both sides agency or not, one of dads work mates at benton brothers had an Aframe on the cat walk and an agency driver missed the pin, and bent the frame in to the cab :unamused:, and one time where the regular driver tried to blame the agency driver for some damage :unamused:.

in other word your both as bad as each other 90% of you have done/ are doing agency, it where all the young’ns cut there teeth your job are hard enough as it is without you fobbing of each other.
together we stand, divided we fall. and how true.

peirre:
Agency drivers are Smelly?
Agency drivers are the dog crap on your boots?
Agency drivers are the lowest form of life you should look down upon & treat with contempt?

You forgot
Agency drivers get the [zb] trucks along with the [zb] jobs and when dumble manning everyone hates to work with you because you don’t know the drops.

When i was on agency (a few years back now) - i always kept the truck clean - especially in the cab - nothing worse than picking through someone elses discarded litter!!! I even remember one day having finished a shift & was on my way home - suddenly dawned on me that i had left my rubbish in the cab/door pockets - turned around & went back to depot to remove the offending articles…
As been said before - we are all different in the ways we respect other peoples property etc - but there are many of us - agency or not - that take pride in what we do & who we do it for… - hope you find the truck in the same way you left it :laughing:

On the other hand,some of us agency drivers have to put up with some ■■■■■■ motor usually used by a full time tramp!

Gates:
You forgot everyone hates to work with you because you don’t know the drops.

Thats because we get the classic "here drive, heres your keys, wagons over in the corner, you cant miss it, its the heap of crap full off chip shop wrappers etc, see you later" :unamused: even with our good geographical knowledge, & psychic powers we sometimes struggle to read the minds of the bods in the traffic office, and the moron whos sat in the other seat, who all think we know it all and know where Their customers are without giving us an address for the drop. No wonder newbies struggle at the 1st hurdle when they havent honed the psychic powers so soon after passing their test :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

Gates:
You forgot everyone hates to work with you because you don’t know the drops.

Thats because we get the classic "here drive, heres your keys, wagons over in the corner, you cant miss it, its the heap of crap full off chip shop wrappers etc, see you later" :unamused: even with our good geographical knowledge, & psychic powers we sometimes struggle to read the minds of the bods in the traffic office, and the moron whos sat in the other seat, who all think we know it all and know where Their customers are without giving us an address for the drop. No wonder newbies struggle at the 1st hurdle when they havent honed the psychic powers so soon after passing their test :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And it’s not just finding the address. It’s knowing where to go and who to see when you get there; it’s knowing that this lot have dinner from 12 to 1 and the other lot have theirs an hour later; it’s knowing which ones have forklifts and which are tail lift drops; it’s knowing which warehouses need booking references and strict delivery times… :unamused:

bestbooties:
On the other hand,some of us agency drivers have to put up with some [zb] motor usually used by a full time tramp!

I would certainly second that one ian. Then again when i gain some experience some of the great full time drivers might let me drive their big shiny trucks!!! :unamused:

peirre:

Good point. I would LOVE to have a lorry in such condition as he explained for a few day. What the shame that so often the lorries given to us are some stinky boxes with 2years not-washed bed linen left in…

im a agency driver n in my bag i have a tin of polish n a duster ive been given sum right heaps one that springs to mind was for a company at leeds got keys set off it must off being the filthiest motor on the fleet.as it started to get light n i could see exactly what the inside was like needless to say it was a mess coffe all over dashboard, ■■■ ends,old papers dust coverd every inch of it so i set too at first drop and cleaned it out best i could apart from half the dashboard n half the dials.i went back to company three weeks later and the dash was still half clean half dusty lol. i pride myself on looking after other peoples regular motor you get a good name among the drivers and also with the staff in office and theyl ask for you by name when booking drivers which in turn gives you brownie points with agency :smiley: :smiley:

when iam of for my weekend rest and they put agengy drivers in me truck igo back in and if its not how i left it iput me taco on other work and clean it out wether it takes 10mins or 3 hrs and wen the traffic office asks why i was late for del i tellem and also write this down on time sheet sick of cleanin up after people at my own expense

I have similar story. I was covering driver’s holidays in the place I used to work for. The new driver left ex-mine lorry in such terible state, that I refused to spend night in it. Plenty of rubbish, tobacco everywhere arround and he was using the clock-bay as a ash-tray (I guess the proper ash-tray in DAF CF is too far from the steering wheel…) I demanded them to send some other driver to pick me up, but they just turned their phones off. So I just left it in Cairn Lodge Service and hitch-hiked home, next day turned up at work and demanded a lift there to pick it up.

Next time when they were sending me away with this one, it was valetted. AFAIK the Driver was charged for that and he was very unhappy of that, but come on! Taking care of the company property is part of our job, and in this particular job you are spending a bloody amount of hours in yard just waiting to be loaded - I was always using this time to clean up my lorry or to go to the truck-wash and when I was driving it, apart of the bit of the floor under the driver’s seat, it was so clean that I was able to walk barefoot all arround the cab.

hyper26:
im a agency driver n in my bag i have a tin of polish n a duster ive been given sum right heaps one that springs to mind was for a company at leeds got keys set off it must off being the filthiest motor on the fleet.as it started to get light n i could see exactly what the inside was like needless to say it was a mess coffe all over dashboard, ■■■ ends,old papers dust coverd every inch of it so i set too at first drop and cleaned it out best i could apart from half the dashboard n half the dials.i went back to company three weeks later and the dash was still half clean half dusty lol. i pride myself on looking after other peoples regular motor you get a good name among the drivers and also with the staff in office and theyl ask for you by name when booking drivers which in turn gives you brownie points with agency :smiley: :smiley:

Was this a Daf ?

As an agency driver, I used to dread what wagon I was going to get from a regular driver. I once got one where the bloke wore clogs. Not a problem but he didn’t obviously believe in washing his feet. Had to put the clogs in the trailer and drive with the windows open for the first day. It absolutely hummed…

I once refused to drive a motor at one particular company, as the company tramp had left it in a right state. I even got a manager out to look at it, and he agreed with me.

So let’s not tar all agency drivers with the same brush, if you don’t mind. :imp:

Ken.