Hignways Agency - Overhead matrix

i was travelling along the A14 this morning and came across a matrix stating that the M42 was closed. Ok i thought doesn’t affect me anyway. A couple of miles further down the road and find that the A14 has been closed. The first sign i saw was behind the cones INSIDE the road closure. Why don’t those muppets who update the signs actually put useful information on them like the road you are on is closed :question: :question: :question:

They’re a bunch of muppets. This site has a load of them lurking to tell us about their MIDAS loop detection systems and how wonderful they are. It was like last night on the 62 westbound, backed up from Lofthouse to the Chain Bar and beyond, 621 was the same, solid all the way up the hill from Elland Road and yet they had the h/s closed off for the entire stretch on the 62. Umpteen million pounds spent of “managed motorways systems” and they don’t even know how to use them. :unamused:

They are a joke. The diversion route (A11) had a lane closed off for about two miles and there was not one road worker or even a road workers vehicle in the whole set of roadworks. Nothing but a waste of time!!!

Just come down 62 now, 60mph set all the way from Brighouse eastbound. Road is pretty much empty. Reason? 1 lane coned off about 1 mile onto the M621 after Gildersome. Why do we need to do 60mph for 7 miles and why is the reduction even needed at all when the roadworks aren’t even on that ■■■■■■■ road? :unamused: :imp:

Instead of bleating on about things phone 0300 5000 123 and complain you never know

Guinness Man:
Instead of bleating on about things phone 0300 5000 123 and complain you never know

cheers chap,did not know the number, now in my phone

The number is actually 0300 123 5000. :wink:

madmackem:
They are a joke. The diversion route (A11) had a lane closed off for about two miles and there was not one road worker or even a road workers vehicle in the whole set of roadworks. Nothing but a waste of time!!!

Near Newmarket services, there is a matrix, for the last few days it has said M11 delays j6-j4, no probs, im turning off at j8, fork off onto the A11, and sat in roadworks for 40 mins, nothing on the matrix a mile back about that. This has happened more than once in the last few weeks.

Guinness Man:

They never come back to you. I’ve spent plenty of time on the phone to them and written emails - “someone will respond within 2 weeks”. Waste of time/breath.

The number if you’ve got minutes is 0121 335 8300. Goes to the same place as the 0300 but doesn’t cost you anything if you’re on the move.

I don’t wanna see “M74 closed Lockerbie” when I’m driving around the M25, nor “Warning - Accident - long delays” taking about the road 10 miles behind me off a different road…

Perhaps they should staff the signs with some people whoa actually drive, and thus know what would be useful information - and what is not.

WTF does “Wosistown - 16 miles 15 minutes” mean when it depends upon what individual speed YOUR vehicle is doing to make a time estimate like that?

Anyone noticed that new speed camera on the overhead gantry near clackett lane M25 EB that is flashing like an old git on Clapham Common…? :open_mouth:

Winseer:
WTF does “Wosistown - 16 miles 15 minutes” mean when it depends upon what individual speed YOUR vehicle is doing to make a time estimate like that?

Means the road is reasonably clear, average speed over 60mph.

Guinness Man:
‘… 0300 5000 123 …’

The Highway Man:
‘… 0300 123 5000 …’

Miscommunication :question: Surely not :exclamation:

Pro-Brussels, agency mis-management in action? :wink:

M6 last night south of Carlisle A1 closed from A something or other fair enough if you’re going that way - from Penrith J13-12 closed, fair enough. Then congestion or summat at J5-6, fair enough but neither of these was of particular interest to me as I was leaving at J16. 2 f’king miles from J16 before they give me the info that J16 is closed

A lot of the problem is where the signs are situated, not in every case, but there should be more on motorways, and yes they should be monitored by a competent person ie: there was one on the M20 northbound stating the A303 was closed halfway down due to an accident, so by the time you get there, its all over and cleared, or your gonna get signs on the M3 anyway so dont see the point.

Running in back to Warrington from Telford this morning and on the M6…‘Caution Incident 40’ then miles further up …‘End’…nothing at all in sight!

Then near Knutsford…Queue After Jct 40…got passed Junction and there was literally just me on the road!..Unbelievable these idiots…I was actually laughing to myself :laughing:

If it’s irrevellent, out of date or otherwise F*$&kin useless, they’ll put it up there, the TOSSERS. A few months ago they put on a diversion that had us all going round in circles, down near Woolpit. I tell you they’d have their work cut out just to be moderatey useless but they’ve taken uselessness to the ninth degree… :imp: :imp:

I got “M25 25-27 long delays” on Wednesday afternoon, thought I’d go down the 414 to escape it, and it took bleedin’ two hours just to get from London Colney to Harlow roundabout FFS. :imp:

Bet if I’d stood my gound, the “delay” would have been about 10 minutes. :frowning:

Won’t be doing that again.

Highways Agency and those in it are not fit for purpose, the matrix signs are just an example of how useless these people really are.

redbob:
Running in back to Warrington from Telford this morning and on the M6…‘Caution Incident 40’ then miles further up …‘End’…nothing at all in sight!

Then near Knutsford…Queue After Jct 40…got passed Junction and there was literally just me on the road!..Unbelievable these idiots…I was actually laughing to myself :laughing:

Ah, well, Bob… Have I ever told you about our wonderful MIDAS loop detection system that we have in place? No? Well, what it is…

Armagedon:
Highways Agency and those in it are not fit for purpose, the matrix signs are just an example of how useless these people really are.

We’ll remember that when ATS wont change your offside flat without a HA lane closure. :wink: