Highways Agency to stop HGV's

Sorry if already posted but iv’e only just seen it but there’s a pilot scheme next month (September) for Highway’s agency
to be able to stop HGV’s and take them to Dvsa site’s for examination.

sigmastudies.co.uk/pilot-will-gr … stop-hgvs/

Guaranteed it will be a field day . just hope no accidents happen on what could be a needless pulling in just to prove that they can justify themselves

Sure it’s been said before - but funny coincidence with the DCPC card becoming compulsory to carry isn’t it…

Probably a daft rumour but I’ve been told VOSA/DVSA/YMCA whatever they are called this week have had leave cancelled for 10th Sept onwards.

Good. It’ll make those who do have a DCPC even more valuable.

This is going to be fun. Won’t most just ignore them as its not blue flashing lights?

Conor:

Now, back in the real world…

Radar19:
This is going to be fun. Won’t most just ignore them as its not blue flashing lights?

VOSA haven’t got blue lights either but it isn’t pleasant ignoring them either…

Radar19:

If you fancy working your way out of an arrest about 10 minutes later. :laughing:

Conor:

IF it is as vigorously enforced as we’re told - then a blue card will indeed become “more valuable”… :wink:

■■■■■■00:
Guaranteed it will be a field day . just hope no accidents happen on what could be a needless pulling in just to prove that they can justify themselves

My understanding is that the HA officers won’t be selecting the vehicles to be stopped - they will be doing the stopping at the direction of the DVSA. I’d guess that a HA bod is paid a bit less than a DVSA bod (and a lot less than a police officer).

Roymondo:

■■■■■■00:

My understanding is that the HA officers won’t be selecting the vehicles to be stopped - they will be doing the stopping at the direction of the DVSA. I’d guess that a HA bod is paid a bit less than a DVSA bod (and a lot less than a police officer).

Nail - head - hit.

Would be interesting to see how they could do this as they have no powers.and seeing that most sit on the sides waiting for something to happen as the budget has been cut back their must be a financial incentive for them to do it.

jediknight:
Would be interesting to see how they could do this as they have no powers.

Suggest you have a look at The Road Vehicles (Powers to Stop) Regulations 2011.

I think the Salvation Army should also be allowed to pull HGV’s up.

Make all those truckers repent their sins and bless their holy DQC’s at the same time.

:sunglasses:

jediknight:
Would be interesting to see how they could do this as they have no powers.and seeing that most sit on the sides waiting for something to happen as the budget has been cut back their must be a financial incentive for them to do it.

The Traffic Management Act 2004 gives us the powers to stop and direct traffic. It’s also an offence to ignore our instructions. We have already been trained on how to stop vehicles using a safety intervention manoeuvre before this thing came to light, and for the record, it’s news to me, then again, I’m only one of the guys that will be at the sharp end taking the grief, so I’ll be last to know!!! :wink:

goes to show who was listening in their cpc course.
highways have had the power to pull you for at least a year now.

Reading the article, it’s possible they may have got us and the NWTRA traffic officers mixed up as it’s North Wales police doing the accreditation. :wink:

BossHogg:

jediknight:

The Traffic Management Act 2004 gives us the powers to stop and direct traffic. It’s also an offence to ignore our instructions. We have already been trained on how to stop vehicles using a safety intervention manoeuvre before this thing came to light, and for the record, it’s news to me, then again, I’m only one of the guys that will be at the sharp end taking the grief, so I’ll be last to know!!! :wink:

Maybe you have been trained but has the typical driver bern trained to read your methods of communication? You may pull in front but how do I know what you are doing or what you want me to do? :confused:

For future reference, if one of our cars wants you to pull over on to the hard shoulder, they will move into lane 2 to the rear of you, they will activate the roof bar and flash the headlights whilst indicating for you to pull over, we will then pull in behind you. If you don’t see us, we will pull along side the cab, give a blast on the bull horn to attract your attention and give you a hand signal to pull over. Whilst we are indicating to you, we’ll also have the rear roof lights on and “STAY BACK” to alert traffic behind us to give us a sterile area to stop you safely. If you are in lane 2, we’ll attract your attention in the same way to the rear, we won’t pull alongside this time. :wink:

Sorry, securiry risk to my cargo. No way of verifying who you are so you can follow ME until I’m somewhere I consider safe - I.e. my nearest depot or police station.