HIGHWAY LGV

Anyone know about these? www.highwaylgv.co.uk

I wonder if the drivers being used have given permission for their photos to be used :smiling_imp:

I also wonder whether passing a test guarantees a job with Shell or Dodds :wink:

The usual crap about 80,000 available jobs and a maximum driving week of 48 hours !!!

Wonder if they have any training vehicles of their own… or are they just brokers (middlemen) ?

I called them…

Do you have your own training trucks as I’ve never seen one?
“we have franchises who put their own names on the vehicles”
Do you have one in Leicester?
“Yes in LE3, 8 & 12”
I would like to go to your franchise in LE3 and have a chat to an instructor
“I don’t have any details of where they are”
Do you have a phone number for them?
“No”

After a bit more to-ing and fro-ing…
“We get you to do the theory and then get you into a school”
But I want to visit a school first
“I suggest you put your postcode and LGV training into a google search”

End call

bit of research…
LE3 - 2 LGV schools neither of which are franchises
LE8 - none
LE12 - none, but there is one in LE11 but again, not a franchise

It’s clearly not difficult to see through this set up. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Until this industry is properly regulated, it will never pull itself out of this mire.
Another trainer - not naming him - has gone into receivership this week. Perfectly good outfit but not enough work to pay the ongoing bills. Why? Because what work there is is currently divided between bona fide trainers and brokers. It’s horrible seeing a good guy who’s worked hard loose everything because of the way the industry is left to police itself.
This needs sorting before it gets worse. At this rate we will be left with only the brokers and trainers working for low rates on their behalf. :frowning: :frowning:

Well Pathway ceased trading on Monday morning this week… :smiley:

I had a very interesting chat with James Grier from Hackney trading standards :wink:

Pat

It is not a bad thing at all that a brocker has gone but the problem is the companies and trainees who they owe money to.

I am sure that some companies are owed money that they cannot afford to loose which then has a knock on effect of them meeting their financial obligations

It would not surprise me if pathways takes a training company or two with them

As regards to regulating the industry what chance have we got when the RHA backs these brockers and supplies them with training courses and the use of their logo. How can the RHA be acting in the best interests of their members (who own the RHA) if they are endorsing con men like pathways and the others. I bet that some who have lost money are members and it would not surprise me if the RHA themselves have lost money!

burnie1:
I am sure that some companies are owed money that they cannot afford to loose which then has a knock on effect of them meeting their financial obligations

After the collapse of Clearstone where many schools got financially taken for a ride, you would have thought that any school would have done the easy thing - money up front or no course started !! - not a hard thing for the brokers to do as they will already have that money from the trainees.

I have no sympathy for any school that gets stung this time because the Clearstone saga is still relatively fresh and I do not know of one school that is not aware of what happened in regards to them.

It’s the trainees that have paid without using a CREDIT card that I feel sympathy for - I’ll bet most lose their money :frowning:

What ever happend to Stirling?

NikNik:
What ever happend to Stirling?

They are are still going … many might say… unfortunately !!

how can a company say this

Highway LGV is the UK’s leading PCV and LGV training provider, and our pass rates are higher then every one because of our comprehensive training courses. we also deal with businesses who need their drivers trained.

when there have only been a company for 3 weeks

wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/93fbd … ompdetails

delboytwo:
how can a company say this

easy - example - 4 trainees with 4 first time passes = 100% first time pass rate :wink: :wink:

I would be amazed if these were different people from the guys at Pathway. (pathway - highway even sounds similar) It is all too easy to close down and start again. One of the biggest assetts a training company has is it’s database of people that have enquired but not yet booked a course.

Another ploy companies use when starting up again is to contact all the existing customers (particularly the ones that have not paid the balance yet) and try to come across as a knight in shining armour to the rescue after their existing provider has gone down. Even those that have paid for but not received training are targets because in many cases they are virtually ready for the vehicle training and will have to pay again to somebody else. The new startup has less overheads initially and can offer what sound like good deals.

The trouble is that most small training companies have an inbred fear of sharing information with other trainers. If a sort of trade body or union arrangement could be formed where all members were equal, then a set of standards and a form of code of practice could be established. This could include things like minimum number of hands-on training hours and many others.

Members could benefit from a shared advertising agreement instead of Google collecting pay per clicks from 10 different websites for the same customer. There are many other benefits ie Insurance at group rates standardised and shared course notes. Shared reversing areas, perhaps classroom sharing and many others.

Ths type of setup would be very different from the ‘Broker’ type setup.

It would not take away the element of business competition because price and location are by far the 2 biggest factors that affect a candidates training provider decision.

Anyway something to think about. There are enough brains on this board alone to come up with and improve on the few ideas above. One man alone cannot change this industry. It either has to be done through legislation that would take years to come into force or through a collabaration of both large and small training companies.

Regards
John Dawson
Flair Training

ROG:

burnie1:

After the collapse of Clearstone where many schools got financially taken for a ride, you would have thought that any school would have done the easy thing - money up front or no course started !! - not a hard thing for the brokers to do as they will already have that money from the trainees.

I have no sympathy for any school that gets stung this time because the Clearstone saga is still relatively fresh and I do not know of one school that is not aware of what happened in regards to them.

It’s the trainees that have paid without using a CREDIT card that I feel sympathy for - I’ll bet most lose their money :frowning:

Easier said then done Rog

Pathways have been around for about 4 years so over the majority of that time they have built a working relationship with their suppliers and no doubt their credit rating had improved. It would have been just the last few months that they struggled to pay their bills.

The problem that some trainers would of had is that they have become reliant on the broker for the work and dare I say lazy in generating their own business

Highways registered offices is…

FLAT 9 in a block of flats according to Google Streetview and they are 3.9 miles away from Pathways registered offices :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Be warned!!!

I’ve got the bit between my teeth now:)

Pat

ROG:
“we have franchises who put their own names on the vehicles”
Do you have one in Leicester?
“Yes in LE3, 8 & 12”
I would like to go to your franchise in LE3 and have a chat to an instructor
“I don’t have any details of where they are”

I can assure you Rog we are not a Francise, further more I do not know of any franchise who have their own name on the trucks, “Snap-on Tools” better known in leicester as “Ricks tool box” I don’t think so.

Peter Smythe:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Until this industry is properly regulated,

Think we have had this conversation.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10 module intensive training course

• SQA exam fees

• SQA intensive training

• SQA ■■■■■■■■■■ fees

• Vehicle hire for training

• Insurance for training

• Personal training co-ordinator

• Personal recruitment advisor

Why do you need a Vehicle for an ADR course that is all classroom based :question: this part is not part of the SQA test

Highway LGV:

Hi,

I’ve had a look at your website, particularly the ADR page, where you claim that…

your website:
The training is carried out under the National (Dangerous Substances) Driver Training Scheme

Please could you say why can’t I see your company name on the National (Dangerous Substances) Driver Training Scheme list of members,
just here? : http://www.ndgtc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=33

Also, it seems that your company is not on the UK list of SQA approved ADR providers. If you just recently gained approval, what did you think of the approval process?

How familiar are you with the second paragraph of 5.3 on page 27 of the current SQA Manual of Practice?

There are also a number of inaccuracies in the ADR ‘info’ on your website, but rather than type them all out and do your work for you, I’ll wait for your answers to the above. :wink:

:bulb: You can easily prove that you’re for real by answering any of the questions above.

Thankfully this bunch of charlatans have changed the picture gallery and removed my friend who didn’t pass a driving test with them!