Highest speed you 've had a truck at

Hiya all.

been on the M62 today fully loaded , was fun going down hill :exclamation: :exclamation:

just wondered what is the highest speed you’ve ever had a truck at?

cheers all
greg

An indicated 82mph in an 18 Tonne MAN box van - many years ago, and it wasn’t me driving I hasten to add :stuck_out_tongue:

ha we belive it wasnt you honest :smiley:

You gotta be joking! I was trying to climb out of the roof hatch :laughing:

56mph :wink:

In younger and dafter days I took an ERF with a 320 ■■■■■■■ to Bromborough and knocked half an hour off my normal time in my own motor. It looked like about 85mph passing Scammonden Dam. It went as well up the other side too, they were a flying machine.

Sure this was here before or on the old time thread and there was a few who said in some of the big power 80s trucks like scania 142s volvvo f12s big ■■■■■■■ powered ERFs and fodens they hit high 80s in to the 90s i suppouse you could hit the ton depending on the gearing.

kr79:
Sure this was here before or on the old time thread and there was a few who said in some of the big power 80s trucks like scania 142s volvvo f12s big ■■■■■■■ powered ERFs and fodens they hit high 80s in to the 90s i suppouse you could hit the ton depending on the gearing.

In days before limiters and learning about remoulds :stuck_out_tongue:

and about 4mpg good job fuel was cheaper back then

Going downhill with 25,25 m loaded with food, I reached 120 km/h in a Merc Actros 2550 some years ago… Not too proud of it, though. :blush:

Managed to reach 115 km/h with 24m this winter in northern Sweden too, shall we say it was somewhat a “bumby ride”? :stuck_out_tongue:

52 mph and i nearly had a nose bleed at that :smiley:

75mph in a Bedford KM on the M50 between Strensham and Ledbury in 1970.

off the clock down windy hill plenty of times, have been told if you do it in an analogue vehicle the tacho needle jumps the disc and won’t come back down ? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Nudging 80 in an Iveco eurostar, not a clever thing to have done when I recall how ■■■■■ the brakes were! Back in the late 90’s I had a brand new Scania 124(on log book so no tacho), if you got it just below the limiter and flicked the key off & on it disabled the limiter. I used to scream up and down the a17/47 everynight, again not big or clever but never got stuck behind a Tesco truck :laughing:

Early 80s, ERF big cam ■■■■■■■■ me,fearless :imp: 22yr old knew it all) 85mph downhill :unamused:

0 kmh all the time (once upon a time allegedly etc etc) :open_mouth:

Well that’s what the tacho said but the revcounter was knocking well into the red :grimacing: :grimacing: 143-450 144-530

I seem to remember yrs ago something about a driver being clocked at 100mph+s/bound down the m6 shap in silent 7th,anyone else recall this?.
regards dave.

im not saying on here, but its faster than any speed posted soo far…:wink:

Campbell driving for Lynx in Ireland reported in a Belfast paper caught doing over 100 mph ■■ .He had a 141 and it could catch pigeons i know he brought me home once from the South of France when my dad got stuck there and schools hols were nearly over so he said Campbell will take you home only thing i can say is OMG what a trip!!!

I wish i knew. I had a 55 plate 4x2 ERF one morning, some TCU fault flashed up on the dash and i lost the speedo, rev counter and the limiter. ■■■■ knows how fast i got it up to, but it didnt half shift