Highest speed you 've had a truck at

According to my satnav my max speed was 171mph, strangely I don’t trust my satnav.

About 75 mph in an ERF on A 38 towards Plymouth but that was about 22 yrs ago in the good old days.

my mate got clocked in a dhl man by a scamera doing 112mph, even though its limited to 52.
ive hit 75 going downhill loaded on the m5, but the cf gets a bit twitchy at that, and me even more so!

gogzy:
im not saying on here, but its faster than any speed posted soo far…:wink:

Just wait until Orys :unamused: gets on this thread,he’s bound to have gone much faster than you. :laughing: :laughing:

DieselDemon:

gogzy:
im not saying on here, but its faster than any speed posted soo far…:wink:

Just wait until Orys :unamused: gets on this thread,he’s bound to have gone much faster than you. :laughing: :laughing:

yea but thats Orys, hes probably went faster in a Kamaz with one weel missing

When i was on nights couple of months back I let her go when going down the A34 southbound near east issley, got 75mph on the needle. Never done it before and will prob never do it again I was just curious. I flew up the otherside aswell thats the best bit :smiling_imp:

In the early 80s clydesdales/reivers on stone chips near off the clock ,one night mid 80s i won the pot for the first to the moss cafe from stranraer (think it was 20.00 ferry from larne) …worst thing is i couldnt remember a thing about doing it ) :blush: :unamused: not good at all/…was in autopilot mode…was later told 80++
soon after i i was doing 70+ shap southbound middle lane !!! …
left the flying to pilots after that,…i was,young,stupid thought i was king of the road…
at least i lived through them times many didnt. ,get a second chance…
jimmy :neutral_face:

Since limiters were introduced anything over 60 mph seems fast now, yet at the time it was the norm. Did let her go down Reigate Hill on M25 a few weeks ago - just under 70 and bottled it :blush:

Off the clock o’er the 66 , many many moons ago young & daft playing my volvo’s faster than yours with another haulier :blush: :blush: :blush:

I had a CF without a limiter a while back, went off the clock which was 80mph, was showing 85mph on the sat nav and then a foreign scania went past me with a good 20mph on top of my speed.

Back in the mid-80’s,William Wests of Ilkeston had an ERF B-series (CJM 749V) which was used exclusively on the Rochdale trunk for Boots, hauling a single-axle trailer loaded with Pampers nappies and various other light stuff. I had to use it once to pull a load of pipes out of Stanton Works into Wests’ yard, and remember thinking it was over-geared to hell, never got it into top range .

It was pulled over one night on the M62, clocked at over 80 mph by the bobbies. Driver (an acquaintance of mine) admitted to the plod that he’d been doing about 70, as he was late leaving Nottingham, showed them the card; the unit was impounded, and the Ministry stripped the back axle and found that Westies had put a high-ratio diff in the beast, out of a bus or something. It didn’t show up on the card of course, they came very close to losing their O-licence.

I was only just thinking not heard any of the coach diff tales yet!!
back in the day the sales of coach diffs must have been sky high as most firms seem to have had them!!, a lot of younger drivers who never drove pre speed limiter trucks seem unable to grasp that back in the 80s no end of trucks would sit at 75+ all day long as standard.
back on topic i had my fh 460 off the clock a number of times on the downhill loaded without needing the silent overdrive so not sure how fast
moose

the display on the trip computer on an fh16 660.max.speed 212 kmh.

A good read this thread!

old thread!

Here!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: the pic was a faulty dash

also had an fh12 off the clock (80+) most of the way from dublin to dundalk
Clocked by a speed cam in australia at 127 kph

my speedo only goes up to 120 kph, but ive had the needle go right around so who knows really how fast…

148.8 kph fully loaded with beer southbound on Highway 2 leaving Calgary in a Volvo VN 670.The on-board computer was going nuts,but as we do not have speed cameras here I was literally driving “flat to the mat” :slight_smile:

I’m not quite as cool as that but I had a Leyland Freighter when I started out. I drove it at 70mph all the time because I thought you were supposed to…
I heard its still in service too.
Al

56 M’lud. :sunglasses: