Highest immigration since WW2

Conor:
[. . GDP in the UK for 2022 is forecast to be a 4.2% INCREASE, the economy growing by 4.2%, and we have effective full employment.

What a that saying about lies and statistics?

What you said sounds very encouraging, but adding it into context “During 2022 the gross domestic product (GDP) of the United Kingdom is expected to grow by 4.2 percent in 2022 and then fall by 1.4 percent in 2023” sounds like the 4.2 is just partial recovery from the 9.4 covid deficit

robroy:
Ah, so were being steered back towards Brexit again surprise surprise eh ?.

Well, since

robroy:
Just skimmed through this thread at speed, as it seems to have been hijacked into yet another anti Brexit boreathon

you didn`t get as far as reading the second sentence, of the very first post, then maybe reading that now will make the thread clearer to you?

robroy:
Of course Brexit has not ran smooth,

Hmmm, channeling Captain Edward Smith?
(White Star Line, died April 1912, Atlantic Ocean)
“This maiden voyage has not been a smooth one”

Brexit where were the remain vote on the night ho…can not have been worth fighting for they are a busted flush we are not going back …common market maybe but not a eu gravy train for the knobs

robroy:
Just skimmed through this thread at speed, as it seems to have been hijacked into yet another anti Brexit boreathon by the usual suspects. :unamused:
(Any [zb] excuse/opportunity :unamused: )

So to get back on subject…My take on immigration to the UK is this…

Never had much of a problem with EE workers in the past like most on here (stress I mean workers not the shirkers) as they just did what we as drivers did in the 80s in Holland …go for the mega pound (or the gilder in that particular case) and mist of em had a good work ethic.
IF they actually did hold our wages back, blame the system…not them. :bulb:

Big problem with the parasitic swarms on boats and those hanging on to truck chassis at Calais, too many of fighting age male contingent, proven to be ex ISIS, and who have went on to commit acts of terror in our country…send them right back to the FIRST safe state they arrived in, not accept that they cross half a dozen more to get here to the land of milk & honey.

Ukranians? Welcome with open arms,.actual genuine refugees for a change.
Just sat in Cafe Nero right now listening to a young Ukranian couple who have obviously been taken in by an older couple they are with, and.trying to learn English.
They are currently showing photos of home to them. :smiley:
, I’m sat here earwigging :laughing: , the young lad is telling them he has finally found some work to pay his way, you can actually feel the vibes of gratitude thankfulness and love for this charitable Brit couple…kinda restores your faith in human nature.
Genuine people just like most of us.

Afghans who helped the forces?
As above…not a problem from my own POV.

Have you ever actually met one of these “parasites”? Or is it just what you read in the sun?

JeffA:

robroy:
Just skimmed through this thread at speed, as it seems to have been hijacked into yet another anti Brexit boreathon by the usual suspects. :unamused:
(Any [zb] excuse/opportunity :unamused: )

So to get back on subject…My take on immigration to the UK is this…

Never had much of a problem with EE workers in the past like most on here (stress I mean workers not the shirkers) as they just did what we as drivers did in the 80s in Holland …go for the mega pound (or the gilder in that particular case) and mist of em had a good work ethic.
IF they actually did hold our wages back, blame the system…not them. :bulb:

Big problem with the parasitic swarms on boats and those hanging on to truck chassis at Calais, too many of fighting age male contingent, proven to be ex ISIS, and who have went on to commit acts of terror in our country…send them right back to the FIRST safe state they arrived in, not accept that they cross half a dozen more to get here to the land of milk & honey.

Ukranians? Welcome with open arms,.actual genuine refugees for a change.
Just sat in Cafe Nero right now listening to a young Ukranian couple who have obviously been taken in by an older couple they are with, and.trying to learn English.
They are currently showing photos of home to them. :smiley:
, I’m sat here earwigging :laughing: , the young lad is telling them he has finally found some work to pay his way, you can actually feel the vibes of gratitude thankfulness and love for this charitable Brit couple…kinda restores your faith in human nature.
Genuine people just like most of us.

Afghans who helped the forces?
As above…not a problem from my own POV.

Have you ever actually met one of these “parasites”? Or is it just what you read in the sun?

I’ve met a couple of actually genuine bona fide refugees (Ukranians ) if that helps.
Do you have to actually meet somebody to suss out what they are?
Never read the Sun btw.

You obviously have a differing opinion, …
Have you taken one into your home, or do you just like to speak for them whilst doing nothing constructive.

Yep a couple of boxes ticked there if you apply it to those living all expenses paid in my local 4 star hotel, mostly young single men, ,.contributing nothing, and taking everything,.whilst 200yds down the road an ex Army vet with PTSD down on his luck, sits on the street with a paper cup, (as in most city centres from what I have seen) and indigenous young couples struggle to get homes, people suffering under the high cost of living etc etc, need I continue?
But hey our ‘guests’ are fine and looking forward to a cosy secure future,.and we keep paying our taxes to this worthy cause.

Btw I stick up for the ex servicemen as you do the economic migrants, but everytime I’ve passed this guy I’ve bought him a coffee and gave him a fiver…no credit required just making a point that I put my money where my gob is instead of just ‘gobbing off’ to those who hold an opposing view to me.

It’s a good idea yeah. Certainly a lot smarter than dismissing 40,000 people as “parasites”. That’s like people dismissing all truck drivers as fat ignorant slobs. Maybe some are - but some are pretty good blokes.

mostly young single men, ,.contributing nothing, and taking everything,

So what would you have done if you were living in a Syrian war zone? Just stay there? You won the lottery being born in a rich country - why sneer at people who didn’t? Would it make any difference to the country if there wern’t any migrants at all? Would we all really be any better off? My grandparents struggled for money all their lives - back when there were hardly any migrants.

Say there were no migrants in the country at all from tomorrow. Do you belive the tories would give the money they saved to homeless army veterans?

JeffA:

It’s a good idea yeah. Certainly a lot smarter than dismissing 40,000 people as “parasites”. That’s like people dismissing all truck drivers as fat ignorant slobs. Maybe some are - but some are pretty good blokes.

So what would you have done if you were living in a Syrian war zone? Just stay there? You won the lottery being born in a rich country - why sneer at people who didn’t?

What would I do?
Get the hell out of there,.and claim political asylum in it’s true context…ie FIRST safe country, not go on to illegally pass through about 5 more equally as safe states to get to the UK knowing their ‘soft touch’ reputation
But after staying in that first port of call,.and then if Istill wanted to better myself, apply in the proper way…not hang on to a truck chassis or hitch a lift on a ■■■■ dinghy…ILLEGALLY. :bulb:

Hope that answers your question

For those who haven`t bothered reading other posts before posting themselves, links to Gov sites have already been posted in this thread.

The Home Secretary Braverman, says that the only way for some African asylum seekers to get here, is on rubber boats.

About 80% of Asylum seekers get approved.
If they are then allowed to remain legally it is possible for them to apply to have dependents join them…by safer means.

Asylum seekers are not allowed by UK law to seek work.
Unless we want them starving, or thieving, or begging, they will need help.

Currently it is taking months and years to process applications.
We can`t let them work, nor kick them out, until a decision is made.

Those facts are all on Gov sites.
But some news rags, and some ragged arsed politicians only tell you less than half of that.

I know the above is true `cause a teacher told me.

robroy:

JeffA:

So what would you have done if you were living in a Syrian war zone? Just stay there? You won the lottery being born in a rich country - why sneer at people who didn’t?

What would I do?
Get the hell out of there,.and claim political asylum in it’s true context…ie FIRST safe country, not go on to illegally pass through about 5 more equally as safe states to get to the UK knowing their ‘soft touch’ reputation
But after staying in that first port of call,.and then if Istill wanted to better myself, apply in the proper way…not hang on to a truck chassis or hitch a lift on a [zb] dinghy…ILLEGALLY. :bulb:

So you’d sit with your family in a tent refugee camp in the Lebanon or somewhere? Really? Just because Suella Braverman told you to? Not sure I would - i’d fancy a better life than a refugee camp, especially if I had kids. I’d have a bit more gumption.

But each to his own.

Franglais:
For those who haven`t bothered reading other posts before posting themselves, links to Gov sites have already been posted in this thread.

The Home Secretary Braverman, says that the only way for some African asylum seekers to get here, is on rubber boats.

If they are then allowed to remain legally it is possible for them to apply to have dependents join them…by safer means.

But some news rags, and some ragged arsed politicians only tell you less than half of that.

That is as maybe, but the (rhetorical) question remains…
IF they are genuine refugees/asylum seekers,…
Why by pass other states as safe as the UK to come HERE??

JeffA:

robroy:

JeffA:

What would I do?
But after staying in that first port of call,.and then if Istill wanted to better myself, apply in the proper way…not hang on to a truck chassis or hitch a lift on a [zb] dinghy…ILLEGALLY. :bulb:

So you’d sit with your family in a tent refugee camp in the Lebanon or somewhere? Really? Just because Suella Braverman told you to? Not sure I would - i’d fancy a better life than a refugee camp, especially if I had kids. I’d have a bit more gumption.

But each to his own.

Ok fair enough,.I would not be intent in adhering to law in the same vein as as they are, so
I’d go a step further, ditch the tent option in Libya, not sure of the geographic route, but then make for the first safe European country.
Not go on to travel through God knows how many more to get to the UK, or if I did I’d be expecting to be turned back.
We’re an island ffs,.an island that is already well populated.
If you want to be liberal and charitable,.start it at home,.there are thousands of needy cases out there crying out for help.

robroy:

Franglais:

That is as maybe, but the (rhetorical) question remains…
IF they are genuine refugees/asylum seekers,…
Why by pass other states as safe as the UK to come HERE??

Maybe they speak English, but not French or German?
Maybe they already have relatives or friends here?
Maybe they actually think the UK is a nice place and will welcome them?

The majority of asylum seekers do not come here.
Look at the Gov`s own figures: Germany, France etc take many more than we do.

robroy:
there are thousands of needy cases out there crying out for help.

Yes there are.
We are failing many people, in many ways.

Deliberately ignoring one set of needy isn`t going to help others is it?

Get the asylum seekers sorted out quicker, then they won`t be in hotels at our expense: they will either be earning and contributing, or be sent away.

Good Grief! there are some desperate people out there trying to get to Europe/UK. Eleven days sat on the rudder of a ship from Nigeria to the Canary Isles :open_mouth: :astonished:

If every migrant was removed from the country tomorrow the homeless army veterans wouldnt get another penny.

JeffA:
If every migrant was removed from the country tomorrow the homeless army veterans wouldnt get another penny.

Ah well that makes it ok then. :unamused: …let’s just open the floodgates.

At least much of the organised crime gangs in the UK,.and petty crime in the vicinity of these hotels would be stopped, (not read in The Sun btw, speaking from experience and events in my home city ) not to mention much of the constant threat of terrorism, …but that aint a pc thing to say is it,.as it seems to offend the liberal lefties. :unamused:

Lord save us from virtue signalling creatures, if you feel that strongly about it take a family into your home. If you’re not prepared to do that then any criticism levelled at others is moot and ineffectual.

You dont base an immigration policy on “you have to have a syrian family in your home”

robroy:

JeffA:

At least much of the organised crime gangs in the UK,.and petty crime in the vicinity of these hotels would be stopped, (not read in The Sun btw, speaking from experience and events in my home city ) not to mention much of the constant threat of terrorism, …but that aint a pc thing to say is it,.as it seems to offend the liberal lefties. :unamused:

What “constant threat of terrorism”? of which you speak most dangerously? Whatever “threat” we face is better planned than a dinghy be serious.

JeffA:
You dont base an immigration policy on “you have to have a syrian family in your home”

If that WAS the case, maybe you and people like you would change your tune…
Or being that you in particular, come across as feeling so strongly about these ‘‘poor refugees’’, it would maybe be a case of…‘‘Get the spare room sorted pet,.we’ve got guests’’.

I won’t put my weeks wage on it though. :laughing:

JeffA:

robroy:

JeffA:

What “constant threat of terrorism”? of which you speak most dangerously? Whatever “threat” we face is better planned than a dinghy be serious.

Just you keep the rosy glasses on mate, there have been quite a few examples of terrorists originating as asylum seekers, as well.as criminals.
Before you ask,.yes as reported on news stations.
Have a look on you tube,.there is a site on there somewhere where ex ISIS members have been cross referenced and identified as being among people arriving here illegally.
These people, or many of them abuse hospitality given to them by our country,.and paid for by me for one.