Highest immigration since WW2

JeffA:
You dont base an immigration policy on “you have to have a syrian family in your home”

Nobody is talking about an immigration policy based on that. I’m talking about your personal viewpoint in this matter which is undoubtedly NIMBY in as much as you’re desperate to help and to prove your credentials just as long as it’s someone else other than you doing the homing and housing of these poor unfortunates.

Incidentally, this idea that it’s the migrants stopping the tories from spending on homeless army veterans - the tax loophole Sunak left in the windfall tax legislation meant he gifted 22 billion to the energy companies. That would have paid for every homeless army veteran to live in complete luxury for the rest of their lives.

the maoster:

JeffA:
You dont base an immigration policy on “you have to have a syrian family in your home”

Nobody is talking about an immigration policy based on that. I’m talking about your personal viewpoint in this matter which is undoubtedly NIMBY in as much as you’re desperate to help and to prove your credentials just as long as it’s someone else other than you doing the homing and housing of these poor unfortunates.

How about dealing with asylum applicants rather quicker than the months and years that it currently takes?
If it takes a long time to do the processing, it obviously needs more accommodation, and they are supported longer, rather than being either kicked out, or allowed to work.
No need for hotels if the Home Office did it`s job.

Lets have a lot fewer in [u]everyones[/u] back-yard.

robroy:

JeffA:

robroy:

JeffA:
If every migrant was removed from the country tomorrow the homeless army veterans wouldnt get another penny.

Ah well that makes it ok then. :unamused: …let’s just open the floodgates.

At least much of the organised crime gangs in the UK,.and petty crime in the vicinity of these hotels would be stopped, (not read in The Sun btw, speaking from experience and events in my home city ) not to mention much of the constant threat of terrorism, …but that aint a pc thing to say is it,.as it seems to offend the liberal lefties. :unamused:

What “constant threat of terrorism”? of which you speak most dangerously? Whatever “threat” we face is better planned than a dinghy be serious.

Just you keep the rosy glasses on mate, there have been quite a few examples of terrorists originating as asylum seekers, as well.as criminals.
Before you ask,.yes as reported on news stations.
Have a look on you tube,.there is a site on there somewhere where ex ISIS members have been cross referenced and identified as being among people arriving here illegally.
These people, or many of them abuse hospitality given to them by our country,.and paid for by me for one.

If you were spending money and time organising a terror attack would you send the bloke across in a dingy? You can’t think of a better plan than that? What if he gets identified? What if it’s he kept in a detention center while they question him and he mentions your name? What if he dies in the crossing? Can you see how silly it is? There’s no end of people already in the country you could pick.

And I’m sure out of all the terror attacks done on earth you can find one or two examples of them being done by people who arrived in a dingy - just like you can find one or two among UK nationals who are school teachers, doctors, dentists etc. So what? You really believe if they stopped dingy crossings it would mean nobody could organise a terror attack?

the maoster:

JeffA:

It’s not that I’m desperate to help - it’s more that I’m not so easily manipulated by ridiculous arguments that if there were no migrants the government would give all the money to homeless army veterans. (Newsflash - They won’t)

I never once said that they’d give the money to homeless vets, that’s your particular hobby horse. It would be nice to think that the money wasted on the whole debacle could be diverted to frontline services if there were no migrant issue, but I’ll concede that that is pie in the sky thinking and it would never happen. My issue is that the most vocal handwringing types such as yourself are happy to virtue signal via a keyboard but are loathe to actually get off of your arses and actually help the people that you claim to pity.

Actions talk and bullshine walks.

JeffA:
If you were spending money and time organising a terror attack would you send the bloke across in a dingy? You can’t think of a better plan than that? What if he gets identified? What if it’s he kept in a detention center while they question him and he mentions your name? What if he dies in the crossing? Can you see how silly it is? There’s no end of people already in the country you could pick.

And I’m sure out of all the terror attacks done on earth you can find one or two examples of them being done by people who arrived in a dingy - just like you can find one or two among UK nationals who are school teachers, doctors, dentists etc. So what? You really believe if they stopped dingy crossings it would mean nobody could organise a terror attack?

Oh well, I obviously have not thought it through… if there is only one or two,.that’s ok, maybe only 10 or 20 killed in bomb attacks or other atrocities,.that’s fine,.I could say if none were allowed to come here,.or at least turned back,.those 10 or 20 would be alive today but I’d hate to upset your lefty mamby mamby crusade.

You know what’?
You’ve won me over mate, they are an enhancement to our home society, I’m happy that millions of pounds are being spent on their upkeep, my tax is being put to good use.

Btw I mentioned one Army vet in my home town, you seem to have picked up on it and over exaggerated that point.
Don’t know who is worse. you with your total delusion or Franglais picking up on it to use as (yet) another vehicle for his tedious anti Tory agenda. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

I was just pointing out the error in your thinking - “we are helping migrants when we could help homeless army veterans”.

The migrants arnt stopping any help to army veterans - tories would rather give money to their rich friends instead.

the maoster:
I never once said that they’d give the money to homeless vets, that’s your particular hobby horse. It would be nice to think that the money wasted on the whole debacle could be diverted to frontline services if there were no migrant issue, but I’ll concede that that is pie in the sky thinking and it would never happen. My issue is that the most vocal handwringing types such as yourself are happy to virtue signal via a keyboard but are loathe to actually get off of your arses and actually help the people that you claim to pity.

Actions talk and bullshine walks.

Have we ever met? How do you know so much about me? Try and address what I actually say rather than crowbar everyone you meet into the 3 or 4 stereotypes you’ve constructed in your head.

Theres no vocal handwringing here- you must be talking to the mouse you keep in your top pocket.

Yeah that was constructive. I don’t need to meet you, your type is everywhere.

True, why actually listen to someone when you can listen to the voices in your head.

The mouse in your top pocket knows the score - how old is he now? he’s called Barry isnt he?

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. I’m out.

the maoster:

Tbf mate you once tricked me with your famous old …‘‘Feel and stroke my mouse in my trouser pocket’’ trick . :unamused: .
I’m still traumatised when I think of it.

:smiley:

the maoster:

You never engaged with me maoster - you only engaged with the voices in your head. Between those and Barry I never got a look in.