High viz jackets

where can you get really thick [ warm] good quality high viz jackets :question: ive got coats , fleeces etc but none seem to keep me nice and warm .ive tried a few but none seem much thicker than what ive got , any ideas ta

I got 2 one orange and warm for railway and yellow one for general work, both good jackets, the orange one made by Portwest very warm, loads of pockets for phone, sweets, condoms, pens, keys etc. Company supply all my PPE, but will try to find out where they buy from for you.
Just remember you get what you pay for! :laughing:
Buy cheap it will not keep you warm. possibly shrink in the wash on a 60 programme you need to keep it clean.

You can buy Goretex high viz form johnsons apparelmaster.

Here is the link jamstore.co.uk/scripts/shop/ … tegory.asp

Did a couple of days work with them through agency no freebies though :cry: :cry:

I got mine from JJB Sports, don’t know what’s in it but it’s warm enough, Ikea also sell’m :bulb:

loads of pockets for phone, sweets, condoms,

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ken.

I got mine from a little shop on the A38 tyburn road in Brum for a very generous £20 and that was for a bomber jacket style one and is still nice and warm even after several washes

Wondered how long it would take for someone to pick that up! Well done Quinny lad, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Clarky:
Wondered how long it would take for someone to pick that up! Well done Quinny lad, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you can always rely on ken to have a dig in the gutter. :wink: :wink:

I got my last one from Screwfix.com

About £13 for a big fleece lined one IIRC.

Or Intersport and JJB sports sell them for about £20.

Clarky:
phone, sweets, condoms, pens, keys etc. Company supply all my PPE, .
Just remember you get what you pay for! :laughing:
Buy cheap it will not keep you warm. possibly shrink in the wash on a 60 programme you need to keep it clean.

first company i know that supply condoms as ppe :smiley: and see a doc about the shrink in the wash

Problem I have is I can’t get Hi Vis clothing in my size 6XL or 7XL :blush:

Makro sell good Hi-Viz. They do yellow and orange (I might go for orange as I have a yellow coat and vest), coats, and a nice Hi-Viz fleese. First I have ever seen like that where the wool (or whatever) is the hi-viz colour. £20 for the fleese and £30 for the waterproof jacket.

New Blood

NewBlood:
Makro sell good Hi-Viz. They do yellow and orange (I might go for orange as I have a yellow coat and vest), coats, and a nice Hi-Viz fleese. First I have ever seen like that where the wool (or whatever) is the hi-viz colour. £20 for the fleese and £30 for the waterproof jacket.

New Blood

all truckers / forkies etc have them in australia, hi-vis polo shirts, fleeces and jackets, i hate them.

Is there any set rule about what colour the jacket should be on sites (yellow or orange)? I feel the orange is brighter so if there is no set rule, I might go for them.

NB

On railway work we HAVE to wear orange, due to yellow can be mistaken for green which = GO! Dont fancy a virgin pendelo whizzing past ya at 125 mph when you aint expecting! :laughing:
Apart from that I dont think there is any set rules?
Agree with you on the orange being more visible, I think the main thing with HI-VIZ is the grade of reflectors? I may be wrong, but think certain comps want certain grade of HI-VIZ.

P90DLS try these guys:

bigtall.uk.com/dept.asp?dept_id=30

Up to 8XL for some lines including the overtrousers.

Regards,

Steveo

Thanks mate will give them a go :smiley:

NewBlood:
Is there any set rule about what colour the jacket should be on sites (yellow or orange)? I feel the orange is brighter so if there is no set rule, I might go for them.

NB

Orange is predominantly used on railways, every building site i`ve worked on specifies yellow hi-vis, most yards are yellow too.

Makro are selling Helly Hansen Goretex Orange Jackets for £29.99, these are the best you can really get, they also have a matching pair of waterproof strides for £19.99.

On top of that they have a huge selection of Hi Viz vests, jackets and even fleeces,

hope that helps
:smiley:

have you tried putting a hot water bottle inside your coat