High-visibility shirts (not vests or jackets)

Have you seen this latest fashion item?

I seem to see them more and more.

I can kind of understand people working on site such as shunters etc, but now I’m seeing general haulage boys wearing them. :open_mouth:

What do you think about them?

They’re just wrong. I can’t drive with a hi viz vest on as all I see is an orange or green reflection in the screen and I think the shirt would be worse.

I have to wear one in quarries etc. :unamused:

However, I don’t like driving with one on, unless I’m on a short one (15miles or less).

Hi theres no box saying I would wear one so no vote here!

I would & intend to buy some soon beats changing all the time.
Ive got Hi viz fleece & vest but would wear a hi viz t shirt aswell.
there are even hi vis jumpers aswell

at the end of the day if i get run over by some numpty truck driver he cant say he never saw me.

it just gives off the wrong image , bit like blokes who wear pink shirts :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

yep same problem with the reflection,but as far as im aware you only have to wear them in the bay areas or ware-houses other than that it comes off,or rather sits on the passenger seat find it 'sometimes helps our left-■■■■■■ friends accuracy when trying to side-swipe you :laughing:

robntl:
Hi theres no box saying I would wear one so no vote here!

I would & intend to buy some soon beats changing all the time.
Ive got Hi viz fleece & vest but would wear a hi viz t shirt aswell.
there are even hi vis jumpers aswell

Better get some of these then to complete the ensemble. :wink: :smiley:

Whooo Yeah!!! (joke)

How about the hi viz thinsulate hat have you seen that ?

I think I draw the line there…

flying_fenman:
Have you seen this latest fashion item?

I seem to see them more and more.

I can kind of understand people working on site such as shunters etc, but now I’m seeing general haulage boys wearing them. :open_mouth:

What do you think about them?

Can’t honestly say I’ve any particular thoughts about them really.
I wouldn’t want to wear one myself but if others do … well that’s their problem not mine :wink:

**Now this really is wrong** ![](http://hivizextras.co.uk/B35groupcap.jpg) **It's just wrong** ![](http://hivizextras.co.uk/Hi%20Vis%20Yellow%20Thinsulate%20Hat%20CAP404Y1.jpg)

i got hi viz water proof trousers and over coat for when its wet adn cold at the side of the road…But I hate wearing the hi viz shirts especially to just walk to the toilets on some places…

ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!!..there said it and now im off to bed :slight_smile:

Is it just a colour thing ?

or

a quality thing ?

as there are many different types on the marked now.

I used to work for Securicor Omega Express as a courier. They were taken over by DHL. They wanted us to wear these god awful egg yolk yellow t-shirts with red collars. At the time I refused and got away with it for quite some time. Then one day I was told that if I turned up Monday without wearing it, I’d be in the office.

Well, I turned up Monday morning with my weeks notice in my hand and a fairly new class one license. I left, and by the next week I was earning double and NOT having to wear these horrible t-shirts.

As for a hi-viz version, personally I’d rather be on the dole.

A certain excitement is being drained from life. Gone are the days of over taking at 60+, gone are the days of lighting up a cigatette, gone are the pre hi viz days.

Now it is 56 (unless you’re banned from over taking, in which case it is 50 and under), no cigarettes, hi viz’s everywhere. The excitement and freedom have gone.

I still do not wear my hi viz vest unless I’m specifically told to by a superior, even at RDC’s. I hate the things. But if the t shirts became compulsory, then the haulage industry would be another man down.

I cant stand any form of Hi-viz at all. At my last place i wouldnt wear one and many times a supervisor would shout across to me in the warehouse and say where is my Hi-viz. All i would say back was - “I obviously dont need one because you have already seen me” and walk away leaving them with a rather confused look :smiley: :smiley:

aaaaaaccccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddd!!!

could of done with one of those when i was driving round looking for raves in a farmers field go well with me whistle and ecstasy :unamused:

a-a-a-aaaaaaaccccccccciiiiiiiiiiidddddddd

look well wicked with one of these :smiley: on the back

jon

shame the forums weren’t around back in the day i could of told you of many around derbyshire
i used to go to that many that i have a letter from the fuzz telling me i was a subversive element and my car was on the list for immediate stop and search at any time in derbyshire ( just hope the lad who brought it didn’t go to derby much )
one of the best ones was near a posh private school ( repton ■■?) held by a van living super swilling trustafarian
ooh the good old days driving up back lanes and muddy tracks to avoid the road blocks looking for Smokescreen/DIY
much like my night job now staying up all night but without the chemicals and fun but going to London area most nights can listen to some powerful pirates

Coffeeholic:
They’re just wrong. I can’t drive with a hi viz vest on as all I see is an orange or green reflection in the screen and I think the shirt would be worse.

I bet my hi-vis refelects les than the DHL uniform.

Pop Larkin:

Coffeeholic:

I bet my hi-vis refelects les than the DHL uniform.

I have no idea as I have never worn the DHL uniform.

[u]numpty 1[/u]

[u]numpty 2[/u]

[u]numpty 3[/u]

ezydriver:
[u]numpty 1[/u]

[u]numpty 2[/u]

[u]numpty 3[/u]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And they tell us care in the community is working.