High Speed Foreign Plate Lorry

chauffuerman:
Hi All
Im on M40 west of High Wycombe on that large down hill slope 56 mph on cruise control when an Artic with foreign plates comes past me like I was standing still I guess he was close to 90 mph
I’m trying to find the video cam recording so I can put it out on media
I guess he took the truck out of gear at top of hill & built up speed
what a dangerous [zb]
Has anybody else come across this stunt?
I still cant believe anybody could be so stupid
Chauffuerman :unamused:

Know that hill & me and a mate done the same many times when we used to do a bit of work for Interlink running back into town in the early hours.

A lot of companies are clamping down on overspeeds like our place is.

Almost ever truck driver does it, I always hold mine back at 60mph which is the legal speed limit for a truck, however if thy want to they can have you under the use and construction regs, the regs state the vehicle must be limited to whatever the v set speed is, usually 90kph for most. Its law to have a speed limiter fitted ergo it’s also illegal to exceed that limiter.

I would not like to be involved in an accident where your speed is in excess of the limiter by any amount as they would take a very dim view of that and land you in more hot water.

It’s the same as trucks using the third lane to overtake, all people are doing is risking their licence and livelihood, and all for what to gain a few seconds.

I took this while my dog was sitting on my lap driving, i told him not to do it, But he did any way, we were going past the driver that went past you, i no its not 120 but close

simcor:

Almost ever truck driver does it, I always hold mine back at 60mph which is the legal speed limit for a truck, however if thy want to they can have you under the use and construction regs, the regs state the vehicle must be limited to whatever the v set speed is, usually 90kph for most. Its law to have a speed limiter fitted ergo it’s also illegal to exceed that limiter.

I would not like to be involved in an accident where your speed is in excess of the limiter by any amount as they would take a very dim view of that and land you in more hot water.

It’s the same as trucks using the third lane to overtake, all people are doing is risking their licence and livelihood, and all for what to gain a few seconds.

Wrong.

The vehicle can’t be powered past its limiter.

Your company is gay, overspeeds are for winners.

A.

OK you dont have to keep knocking the op…i own up…it was me…yes me, and i frightened the ■■■■ out of him…but he lied about the speed, i was actually doing just over 100 mph…but that was only to make sure i could get up the other side without changing gear…thats not an offence…i suppose having a magnet on the gearbox is…but dont put that on social media or youtube…i dont want to get into trouble… :smiley: :smiley:

truckyboy:
OK you dont have to keep knocking the op…i own up…it was me…yes me, and i frightened the [zb] out of him…but he lied about the speed, i was actually doing just over 100 mph…but that was only to make sure i could get up the other side without changing gear…thats not an offence…i suppose having a magnet on the gearbox is…but dont put that on social media or youtube…i dont want to get into trouble… :smiley: :smiley:

Just over 100mph you sir must try harder.

If I go down hill like that, in a truck or on my pushbike, I always go “Wheeeeeee.”

As I get older I seem to go weeee a lot more often :cry: :blush: :blush:

Adonis.:

simcor:

Wrong.

A.

Can you make your mind up, first you say I’m wrong then say a vehicle can’t be powered past it’s limiter.

Which is exactly what I said.

Simple questions.

Is it a requirement by law to have a limiter fitted and set at 90kph?

Answer yes required by law.

If it is required by law regardless of the limit being higher than the value set speed then is exceeding it allowed by law?

Answer is no.

LGV Vehicles are banned from lane 3/4 of a motorway BY LAW correct or incorrect?

So by using the lane other than within the prescribed exemptions to do so is it breaking the law to use it?

Answer is yes.

If you were in an accident and they check the speed trace profile and see you regularly exceed the speed limiter and were at the time would that be factored into the investigation?

Answer is yes it would.

Why is a company gay for cracking down on drivers and making them drive safer?

Tell that to the families that have had loved ones wiped out in accidents.

Not saying I agree with the laws 100% but they exist and as professional drivers we should abide by them and set the standards.

Attitudes like “overspeed for the win” isn’t a great attitude to have when I’m charge of up to 44 ton I’d it really?

Drivers are our own worst enemies at times. And no I’m not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but why risk your licence and livelihood by doing stuff that can get you on trouble and risk having your licence taken away and loosing your job.

simcor:

Adonis.:

simcor:

It’s the same as trucks using the third lane to overtake, all people are doing is risking their licence and livelihood, and all for what to gain a few seconds.[its called freedom of choice, and its all yours to do with it what you want, choice choice and more choice , you can take my freedems but not my choice]

Wrong.

A.

Can you make your mind up, first you say I’m wrong then say a vehicle can’t be powered past it’s limiter.

Simple questions.

If it is required by law regardless of the limit being higher than the value set speed then is exceeding it allowed by law?

Answer is no.

LGV Vehicles are banned from lane 3/4 of a motorway BY LAW correct or incorrect?

So by using the lane other than within the prescribed exemptions to do so is it breaking the law to use it?

Answer is yes.

If you were in an accident and they check the speed trace profile and see you regularly exceed the speed limiter and were at the time would that be factored into the investigation?

Answer is yes it would.

Not saying I agree with the laws 100% but they exist and as professional drivers we should abide by them and set the standards.

Attitudes like “overspeed for the win” isn’t a great attitude to have when I’m charge of up to 44 ton I’d it really?

Drivers are our own worst enemies at times. And no I’m not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but why risk your licence and livelihood by doing stuff that can get you on trouble and risk having your licence taken away and loosing your job.

It does seem when topics like this go off on here what this world is coming to,
A lorry goes fast another lorry doesn’t,driver of said slow lorry gets the raging hump and moans about it.
Ok some trucks go faster so bloody what? You don’t get paid for how fast you go you get paid for what you do.

Does make you think where the retarder is tho?,under the cab or behind the wheel lol :open_mouth:
Stuff happens its just the way it is jeez there’s more important ■■■■ going on in the world than my trucks faster than yours,internet willy waving me thinks

yourhavingalarf:
Leyland Marathon…

Out of stick.

Drum brakes, no ABS, spring suspension, ropes and sheets.

Off the clock.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! :smiley:

+1

then the inevitable offside front blowout.3 lanes plus the hard shoulder and grass verge for 1/4 of a miles worth of skiddie wrecking buttock clenching cold sweat panic riddled diarrhoea super hampton stabbing the pedal through the floor screaming terror not helped by the tiny marathon steering wheel…Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee… :open_mouth:

simcor:

Adonis.:

simcor:

Wrong.

A.

Simple questions.

Answer is no.

Answer is yes.

Answer is yes it would.

No, you said a vehicle can’t exceed is limited speed, he said it can’t be powered past it. Rolling isn’t powered. As for rest you need to lighten up old bean, he was clearly taking the ■■■■

simcor:

Simple questions.

Answer is no.

Answer is yes.

Answer is yes it would.

Chomp chomp.

A.

axletramp:

burnley-si:
you what to try taking it out of stick down windy hill many years ago :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

in a e14 e reg erf with a tandem trailer, used to take us to oldham to slow it down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And coming back the other way; you could knock it out at Ainley Top, steam down Brighouse Bank and see if you could get to the services at Hartshead :wink: :laughing:

thats the one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ChrisArbon:
If I go down hill like that, in a truck or on my pushbike, I always go “Wheeeeeee.”

Do u ‘hang yr legs out all gayly’ or do you lean over the handlebar stem, reducing the drag for an extra 2mph? :smiley:

:smiley:

alfa man:
This tread gave me a wee chuckle and brought back some old memories of the old A74 back in the day.
Squadrons of marauding tippers heading home after a long hard shift terrorising the good folk of Englandshire.
A remember getting passed one night on the Douglas bank wi about half a dozen of them, the back daft nearly sucked me oot the window. :laughing: :laughing:

aye this brought a smile tae my face …you thought you are “the man” sitting at 70 and as you wrote some o Y&D and some o the strathaven crew passed you like you were parked at the moss.

Good old pre limiter days were probably safer than being limited today, I can’t remember of hearing about multi truck collisions on a flat straight 3 lane motorway, unlike now where it seems to be happening every couple of weeks, never had bunching up or tailgating.
That old A74 was probably safer then unlimited, than the new A74 is now as it’s sleep enducing at 56.

weeto:
Good old pre limiter days were probably safer than being limited today, I can’t remember of hearing about multi truck collisions on a flat straight 3 lane motorway, unlike now where it seems to be happening every couple of weeks, never had bunching up or tailgating.
That old A74 was probably safer then unlimited, than the new A74 is now as it’s sleep enducing at 56.

Yep - makes sense to me, no bunching - no nodding :laughing:

I remember once I was doing a job for a scaffolding company, driving a 26T Stralis down the hill from Reigate to the M23 in the morning. I got halfway down, glanced at the speedo to find I was doing 73mph! I hit the brake pretty quick - I knew you could go over 56 on a hill but it hadn’t crossed my mind that it would go that fast. Imagined myself swearing blind to a copper, “no Sir, it’s not capable, it’s restricted!”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk