High Speed Foreign Plate Lorry

chauffuerman:
I thought this site was to help drivers understand the job they were getting into
you make an observation & the response is not exactly helpful
I don’t think I will visit this site again
but have a happy life all !!!

Ok mate, just join the rest of the flouncers who have minced off in a strop with their bottom lip stuck out when they did not get the perceived response to an o/p,
But after only 15 posts?
That’s got to be the mincer’s record so far. :laughing:

Btw Why are you still reading this I thought you were going.
Knock the lights out on your way out.

lizard:
Don’t quite think this went the way the OP was hoping.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Probably not and it’s because of people like yourself constantly knocking posts that a lot of good posters don’t bother with this site anymore,have a read through the posts and you’ll see it’s the same ignorant ■■■■■ everytime, drivers I’ve ■■■■ em.Have a good evening.

bobbya:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Probably not and it’s because of people like yourself constantly knocking posts that a lot of good posters don’t bother with this site anymore,have a read through the posts and you’ll see it’s the same ignorant [zb] everytime, drivers I’ve [zb] em.Have a good evening.

To be fair mate, posts are there to attract comment and debate.
If you don’t agree with a certain post, or even feel strongly against it, you are hardly going to agree with it just so you don’t offend the o/p are you.
That is what a forum is all about.
I have had numerous posts of mine ‘knocked’ , but I will try and argue my point if I think I’m right, rather than flounce off like a child, so it all depends on how the o/p reacts to criticism doesn’t it?
Just saying…

robroy:

bobbya:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Probably not and it’s because of people like yourself constantly knocking posts that a lot of good posters don’t bother with this site anymore,have a read through the posts and you’ll see it’s the same ignorant [zb] everytime, drivers I’ve [zb] em.Have a good evening.

If you don’t agree with a certain post, or even feel strongly against it, you are hardly going to agree with it just so you don’t offend the o/p are you.
I have had numerous posts of mine ‘knocked’ , but I will try and argue my point if I think I’m right, rather than flounce off like a child, so it all depends on how the o/p reacts to criticism doesn’t it?
Just saying…

The thing is that people come on here asking for advice because they genuinely need to know stuff and everytime it’s the usual ■■■■■■■■■■ having a go at them,I was always told if you need to know something just ask,I’d be too scared to come on here and ask if I was just starting out, must be nice for these knockers to know everything,

bobbya:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Ooops I think you might of dropped your dummy. Do you want to pick it up on the way past or should I just bin it for you?

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

bobbya:
The thing is that people come on here asking for advice because they genuinely need to know stuff and everytime it’s the usual ■■■■■■■■■■ having a go at them,I was always told if you need to know something just ask,I’d be too scared to come on here and ask if I was just starting out, must be nice for these knockers to know everything,

Yeh ok, but he wasn’t asking for advice was he.
He made some comment about a Foreign driver.( who may have been a Brit for all he knew) and clutching at straws about his speed,… which got to about 112 mph at one point :open_mouth: (2x his own speed)
Then guessing he was in neutral, so then he was going to take it up on himself to make the footage public.
If he had got the perceived response, presumably his next intention would be to grass the guy up to his employer…we will never know because he has gone…or has he? :bulb: :smiley:
If that is not going to attract ridicule from a lot of seasoned hardened, cynical drivers, I don’t know what is. :laughing:

Off to bed mate, will answer you tomorrow if you feel the need to respond. :wink:

Not really sure why some get so outraged over such things :confused: My old Fh13 was set at 100kph and so is my new Fh. Its only an extra 10kph or 6mph but…to some with limiters set much lower it will seem like theyre standing still if overtaken. Not on the hills but on the flat i still get overtaken, mainly BG/RO/PL and even ES but let them get on with it, why should i care…

lizard:

bobbya:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Ooops I think you might of dropped your dummy. Do you want to pick it up on the way past or should I just bin it for you?

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Pardon!!

robroy:

bobbya:

Yeh ok, but he wasn’t asking for advice was he.
He made some comment about a Foreign driver.( who may have been a Brit for all he knew) and clutching at straws about his speed,… which got to about 112 mph at one point :open_mouth: (2x his own speed)
Then guessing he was in neutral, so then he was going to take it up on himself to make the footage public.
If he had got the perceived response, presumably his next intention would be to grass the guy up to his employer…we will never know because he has gone…or has he? :bulb: :smiley:
If that is not going to attract ridicule from a lot of seasoned hardened, cynical drivers, I don’t know what is. :laughing:

Off to bed mate, will answer you tomorrow if you feel the need to respond. :wink:

No need for a response it would be pointless and you’re one of the good guys,sleep well.

Toddy2:
My old dad used to go faster in a 2 stroke Forden on 10.20 tyres with no abs or ebs, on steel suspension, no power steering, rolling a ■■■, and still no puppies or kittens were squashed - :open_mouth:

It all comes with practice, i dont smoke so would be cr@p at rolling a ■■■ but…peeling the spuds and tenderising the steak while negotiating Madrid central is off to an art. Again, no puppies or kittens get squashed so no harm done… :grimacing:

Excuse me arsking; but if you chuck an auto box motor out of gear will it go back in when the speeds settled down a bit or do you have to stop before it will re engage? :question:

you what to try taking it out of stick down windy hill many years ago :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

in a e14 e reg erf with a tandem trailer, used to take us to oldham to slow it down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

burnley-si:
you what to try taking it out of stick down windy hill many years ago :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

in a e14 e reg erf with a tandem trailer, used to take us to oldham to slow it down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And coming back the other way; you could knock it out at Ainley Top, steam down Brighouse Bank and see if you could get to the services at Hartshead :wink: :laughing:

bobbya:

robroy:

bobbya:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Just saying…

before we had the internet, we had to ask people face to face if we wanted to learn anything. If you asked a “stupid” question you’d be laughed at and probably ridiculed for a few days. You soon learnt not to come out with “stupid” stuff. The biggest problem was if you took the huff and flounced off, you couldn’t come back the following day with a new identity like some of the trolls on here.

chauffuerman:
Does anybody on this site think that what this guy did was dangerous■■?
at that speed in neutral what control would he have if a yokel pulled out on him without looking
I’ve been driving for a long time & can judge speed & distance he was going twice the speed I was
My dash cam has given up the ghost so no evidence
Sorry for beingnormal
Chauffuerman

he was going twice the speed i was going. So your doing 56,so he was going 112, bet he got over speed

Toddy2:

chauffuerman:
Hi All
Im on M40 west of High Wycombe on that large down hill slope 56 mph on cruise control when an Artic with foreign plates comes past me like I was standing still I guess he was close to 90 mph
I’m trying to find the video cam recording so I can put it out on media
I guess he took the truck out of gear at top of hill & built up speed
what a dangerous [zb]
Has anybody else come across this stunt?
I still cant believe anybody could be so stupid
Chauffuerman :unamused:

I doubt he was doing 90, and so what if he was,
I often do 75 down there (personal comment removed)
And I don’t knock it out of gear, you only need to take off cruise, take of exhaust brake, and floor the pedal and an FM will easily do 75+ downhill,
You can do it on the M40, the M2, and 2 places on the M25
And -No, I haven’t squashed any kittens, it is usually about 2am, about the only time you can get over 35mph on the M25

Thank goodness, I was worried about kittens!

Leyland Marathon…

Out of stick.

Drum brakes, no ABS, spring suspension, ropes and sheets.

Off the clock.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! :smiley:

The Merc autos I’ve driven knock themselves out of gear - E comes up on the dash and away you go :smiley:

alfa man:
This tread gave me a wee chuckle and brought back some old memories of the old A74 back in the day.
Squadrons of marauding tippers heading home after a long hard shift terrorising the good folk of Englandshire.
A remember getting passed one night on the Douglas bank wi about half a dozen of them, the back daft nearly sucked me oot the window. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Patriotically painted ones, about 6’ apart I’d guess?

chauffuerman:
Hi All
Has anybody else come across this stunt?
Chauffuerman :unamused:

Yep.
Bloke I knew would do it with a low loader and a 25 ton swing on the back.
140 +K’s fairly regular and it was tracked! :laughing: :laughing: