chauffuerman:
Well I seem to have stuck a cord
my speed was on cruise control 56mph
as I said he went past as if I was standing still
I’m trying to down load the dash cam
will post it if I can get it up & running
chauffeurman

chauffuerman:
Does anybody on this site think that what this guy did was dangerous■■?
at that speed in neutral what control would he have if a yokel pulled out on him without looking
I’ve been driving for a long time & can judge speed & distance he was going twice the speed I was
My dash cam has given up the ghost so no evidence
Sorry for being normal
Chauffuerman

Originally he was doing 90mph
So to quote you.

“my speed was on cruise control 56mph”

“he was going twice the speed I was”

So what was his speed as you’ve now said he was doing 112mph and also how do you know he was in neutral?
Looks like you haven’t picked up all you teddies yet have you?

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

chauffuerman:
at that speed in neutral what control would he have if a yokel pulled out on him without looking
I’ve been driving for a long time & can judge speed & distance he was going twice the speed I was
Sorry for being normal
Chauffuerman

Thats handy all of a sudden your dash cam is goosed.I smell some bs just some ee bashing you tried and it has not worked out.

chauffuerman:
Hi All
Im on M40 west of High Wycombe on that large down hill slope 56 mph on cruise control when an Artic with foreign plates comes past me like I was standing still I guess he was close to 90 mph
I’m trying to find the video cam recording so I can put it out on media
I guess he took the truck out of gear at top of hill & built up speed
what a dangerous [zb]
Has anybody else come across this stunt?
I still cant believe anybody could be so stupid
Chauffuerman :unamused:

I doubt he was doing 90, and so what if he was,
I often do 75 down there (personal comment removed)
And I don’t knock it out of gear, you only need to take off cruise, take of exhaust brake, and floor the pedal and an FM will easily do 75+ downhill,
You can do it on the M40, the M2, and 2 places on the M25
And -No, I haven’t squashed any kittens, it is usually about 2am, about the only time you can get over 35mph on the M25

112? Oh dear

Has anyone got footage of the wagon on the M25 (anti clock) just before the M23 (on the down hill) at about 2.30pm today reaching 59.9mph. If so, could you credit me please. Lol

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

chauffuerman:
Sorry for being normal
Chauffuerman

i presume you weren’t driving in ‘pre-limiter’ days?

I thought this site was to help drivers understand the job they were getting into
you make an observation & the response is not exactly helpful
I don’t think I will visit this site again
but have a happy life all !!!

chauffuerman:
I thought this site was to help drivers understand the job they were getting into

Thats no hassel thank you for the visit.You just wanted to do some ee bashing and it did not workout.

happysack:
112? Oh dear

Lol need some concentration for that speed. Definitely have to put your steak bake down

Baldy91:

happysack:
112? Oh dear

Lol need some concentration for that speed. Definitely have to put your steak bake down

Steak bake? No this is an EE bashing post. Your have to put your cabbage soup and carp sandwiches down.

Why do you care how fast he was going?

I bet you were so outraged you didn’t give him a flash in.

A.

30 odd years ago there’d have been a dozen Fodens Scammells Sed Acks and ERF’s (sheets billowing in the breeze) overtaking Johnny Foreigner if all he was doing was 90.

Some of us might have had motors that could do more than that on the flat…so i’m told :wink:

poor ■■■■■■■■ he thought he was doing the right thing. Wonder if it was him that photographed the poor sod who got stuck in the B&M truck, he got plastered all over social media. Probably grasses his mates up at work for any mistakes, why his dash cam has given up the ghost, someone has put a brick through it!!

Baldy91:

happysack:
112? Oh dear

My old dad used to go faster in a 2 stroke Foden on 10.20 tyres with no abs or ebs, on steel suspension, no power steering, rolling a ■■■, and still no puppies or kittens were squashed - :open_mouth:

chauffuerman:

If you can’t stand the heat…bye :unamused:

I disagree with some of the EE drivers working here, not all of them are bad. Even so I don’t agree with either bs posts like this or trying to whip up a frenzy of hatred. The problem is our own problem. In this instance the driver is doing what all of us do, with the exception of myself of course.

Juddian:
30 odd years ago there’d have been a dozen Fodens Scammells Sed Acks and ERF’s (sheets billowing in the breeze) overtaking Johnny Foreigner if all he was doing was 90.

Some of us might have had motors that could do more than that on the flat…so i’m told :wink:

To be fair 75-80 mph was probably a more realistic figure for the best of them in the day.

I’d guess the car is running at around 60 mph here. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMCFeoR9oSg 1.29 - 1.40

This tread gave me a wee chuckle and brought back some old memories of the old A74 back in the day.
Squadrons of marauding tippers heading home after a long hard shift terrorising the good folk of Englandshire.
A remember getting passed one night on the Douglas bank wi about half a dozen of them, the back daft nearly sucked me oot the window. :laughing: :laughing:

chauffuerman:

No

chauffuerman:
will post it if I can get it up & running

Please do. Im sure it will make essential viewing

chauffuerman:

How convenient