High electricity & gas prices!

lancpudn:

dozy:
We pay £66 p.m for gas & electric & normally get a refund as over paid at end of yearly reference period , so to be fair I’d not object if it went up a bit , as mrs doesn’t seem to understand that the water doesn’t need to be on for 6 hrs to heat up & central heating does have a off as well as a on button

That’s the same amount we were paying under Avro Energy before they went belly up, We got moved over to Octopus energy by Ofgem but our Octopus account still hasn’t yet been finalised, I’ve been keeping meter records & sending them gas/electricity readings on the first of every month so I know where I’m up to.
The smart meter tablet sprang back into life a couple of weeks ago & it looks like we’ll have to double the monthly payments :open_mouth: , We’re only eleven days into December & already passed £65 for duel fuel…Bugger :frowning: :open_mouth:

Just had a look on this new Octopus account & it’s saying we need to up our duel fuel monthly payments from £66/month to £80/month from the 2nd January, Not as bad as I was expecting.

My former provider(dual fuels)was Green Energy and now transferred to Shell Energy.Monthly payment upped from £55 to £80 monthly.I refuse to have a smart meter.

msn.com/en-gb/money/other/e … d=msedgntp

Energy suppliers that took on the customers of their failed rivals will be able to claim back more than £1.8 billion by adding it to the bills of households and businesses.
Octopus Energy - £681 million for 580,000 customers
Shell Energy - £362 million for 536,000 customers
British Gas - £361 million for 501,200 customers
E.On - £215 million for 233,000 customers
EDF - £168 million for 231,700 customers
ScottishPower - £44 million for 70,400 customers
Utilita - £2.6 million for 6,000 customers
Yu Energy - £142,000 for 2,600 customers

Coming to a bill near you soon. Isn’t free market capitalism great…

OwenMoney:
MSN

Energy suppliers that took on the customers of their failed rivals will be able to claim back more than £1.8 billion by adding it to the bills of households and businesses.

Wonderful system!
Energy supplied by people with no energy of their own, but with fully functioning sales and advertising sections.
As Mr CF might say “What could possibly go wrong?”
…well, we have already found out at least part of that.

OwenMoney:
MSN

Good grief! If things aren’t bad enough as they are.

lancpudn:
Good grief! If things aren’t bad enough as they are.

Works out at less than £30 per customer bill in the case of British Gas. I’m assuming the others will be in the same ballpark.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Bleddy hell yet more bad news on energy prices! They’re going to rise by as much as 50% next year :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: bbc.co.uk/news/business-59760331

lancpudn:
Bleddy hell yet more bad news on energy prices! They’re going to rise by as much as 50% next year :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: bbc.co.uk/news/business-59760331

Which would be irrelevant assuming incomes, including pensions and interest rates, increase accordingly.
It’s obvious that what they actually mean is deliberate artificial price led inflation of energy costs.
As part of an energy rationing and control agenda specifically applied to those on low/limited incomes which they intend to keep low and limited.
It’ll be food and water prices, as part of the same control agenda, next.
Obviously no problem for the rich elites.

All part of the Net Zero plan.

Sadly we’re way past voting our way out of this, western govts are only the means of implementing these world governance plans, with prime ministers and presidents merely reading out (mumbling incoherently in the case of Johnson, barely rambling through a speech he can’t see properly in the case of Biden) what has been provided for them from the institutions who now control the world.
Those presidents resisting have been removed one way or another, Putin is causing them a headache for the time being and long many this be the case, how ironic that Russia is one of the last free countries.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
Are we in for more energy price hikes as France EDF has closed down two more nuclear plants due to problems bringing the total of nuclear power stations to four :open_mouth:
EDF exports electricity to the UK & the power prices surged to record highs on this news. rt.com/business/543544-euro … gn=firefox

I’m sure that France played a large part in outlawing our fossil fuelled power stations.Can’t think why they’d have possibly wanted to do that.
Also a big argument now between Germany and Poland v France in that regard.
‘Problems’ they actually mean a potential nuclear disaster if they try to drive their nuke power stations harder for the extra energy exports profits.So they are obviously having second thoughts about blowing up France to make a few bob out of us.

France has been trying to get nuclear & gas electricity production classed as green energy so as not to incur carbon pricing taxes on the ETS. At present they’re not classed as a green energy and from what I read they wont be any time soon at least for the western half of Europe. The green goddess Ursula has set her rottweiler Fans Timmermans on the warpath saying only eastern EU members Romania, Greece, Poland etc with get a stay of execution because of low GDP plus they’re so heavily reliant on coal powered power stations, They will have to convert the coal fired to gas fired & be allowed to use gas with no carbon pricing for them until they can transition to renewable energy.

Germany’s energy suppliers are suffering the same fate as the UK with 38 energy suppliers going belly up because of record high energy prices. rt.com/business/544339-germ … gn=firefox

Bugger! I’ve just looked at the readings for our duel fuel on the smart tablet & I think I need to up my monthly payments again. Gas £78.98 Electric £98.74 for the month of December. We were originally paying £65/month then upped it to £80/month. We don’t have the heating on all day either far from it, It only fires up from 5:00pm to 10:00pm & apart from a few hours twice a month to charge the EV we don’t have much else other than the washing machine/tumble drier & the fridge freezer going…

lancpudn:
Bugger! I’ve just looked at the readings for our duel fuel on the smart tablet & I think I need to up my monthly payments again. Gas £78.98 Electric £98.74 for the month of December. We were originally paying £65/month then upped it to £80/month. We don’t have the heating on all day either far from it, It only fires up from 5:00pm to 10:00pm & apart from a few hours twice a month to charge the EV we don’t have much else other than the washing machine/tumble drier & the fridge freezer going…

I’ve just asked my 8 legged energy company for smart meters as we’ve still got an old cubic Ft gas meter which I recon we lose out on the conversion to Kw :imp:

lancpudn:
Germany’s energy suppliers are suffering the same fate as the UK with 38 energy suppliers going belly up because of record high energy prices. rt.com/business/544339-germ … gn=firefox

We’re supposed to believe that 6p per kwh for gas is the problem but 26p per kwh to go all electric is the solution.So where is this supposed plentiful affordable all electric utopia ?.

The truth is they know that ditching gas for electric is unviable so they are running for the exit while they are ahead.
Rather than lose it all in inevitable all electric bill defaults by broke customers.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

We’re supposed to believe that 6p per kwh for gas is the problem but 26p per kwh to go all electric is the solution.So where is this supposed plentiful affordable all electric utopia ?.

The truth is they know that ditching gas for electric is unviable so they are running for the exit while they are ahead.
Rather than lose it all in inevitable all electric bill defaults by broke customers.

Germany shut down three nuclear power plants today in favour of wind energy in the midst of record energy prices, Scary. rt.com/business/544897-euro … gn=firefox

blue estate:

lancpudn:

I’ve just asked my 8 legged energy company for smart meters as we’ve still got an old cubic Ft gas meter which I recon we lose out on the conversion to Kw :imp:

A lot of EV owners with Octopus energy are having trouble with some smart meters not recognising when to charge on cheap tariffs & long wait times for installation speakev.com/threads/octopus … 20.146619/

lancpudn:

blue estate:

lancpudn:

A lot of EV owners with Octopus energy are having trouble with some smart meters not recognising when to charge on cheap tariffs & long wait times for installation speakev.com/threads/octopus … 20.146619/

If they are moaning now they’ll obviously be moaning even more when the loss leader tariff and tax subsidies are stopped.At which point the idea of the ‘smart meter’ will then be all about a higher tarrif to charge an EV not a lower one.
Probably also subject to 20% VAT not 5% and finding a way of using the domestic supply for EV charging in that case will be classed as tax fraud.
As for Octopus I’ve already challenged them to stop gas supply and join the other electric only providers then see what happens to their customer base.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Germany shut down three nuclear power plants today in favour of wind energy in the midst of record energy prices, Scary. rt.com/business/544897-euro … gn=firefox

The German government are caught in the catch 22 of a population which is rightly vehemently opposed to nuclear and the knowledge that a fossil fuelled based energy policy is the only other credible option and rigging elections in favour of the Climate zealots won’t change that fact.
A major nuclear disaster in any other European country like France or UK would be the final nail in this suicidal energy coup agenda.

It boils my ■■■■ to think this country signed up for the Paris Accord without holding a referendum on that.

We’ve got reserves galore of quality COAL - which we now can’t use.
We had loads of power stations that Theresa May’s regime - knocked down.
We’ve got energy firms threating to go ■■■■-up at taxpayer expense unless they are allowed to jack-up prices way beyond the “Cap” - which surely must be removed soon?

…Then we’ve got the energy distribution firms themselves:

Pressing you to have smart meters that either don’t work, or overcharge…
…Ingoring your meter reads, if they seem “too low”…
…Using their own estimates, based upon any upward blip in usage you had this past year… (Our cat knocked a cooker knob around one night, and I came down in the morning to find a new and very expensive way to heat the kitchen, with a red-hot ring, and some smoke too, from a number of nearby objects that had been singed…) Electic used that night was around £27, after which Bulb jacked up by DD from the already high £156 to £219 per month… I got my usage back down, but a massive credit built up on the account, and I only cancelled it once it was announced they’d gone ■■■■-up… I’ve now used up all my credit as of December, and will pay-as-I-go with MY meter reads ONLY to be used - from now on. If they bugger me about, I’ll let the government decide what to do next, seeing as they’ve now taken this outfit into special administation and all… :imp: :imp:

We didn’t vote for ANY of this - did we?

The Greens - have a single MP. How come we’ve got to do THEIR bidding, when we still don’t have any PT boats in the channel, still don’t lock skippers up for people trafficing, still don’t arrest no-speke-english Paedos in Rotherham, still don’t arrest Momentum members for their proxy terrorism, hate speech, and general potty-mouthed lickcockness when it comes to public forums, and then condem the british public who’ve now started to doubt that Vaccinations save any lives?

(If 1pc of people die from Covid, and the Jab saves the life of one of the people jabbed who’d surly due without it… That’s one-in-ten-thousand saved.

NOW compare that to the one-in-a-thousand chance of having a tired/unqualified/useless idiot person @ NHS “Triage Center” who will statistically give you an air bubble one-in-a-thousand injections they do overall, nationwide… It doesn’t matter if the stuff they are injecting saves the lives of 1 in ten thousand who’d surely die without it, if you’re killing ten times that number from the bloody bothced injection FFS!!!

RISK MANAGEMENT here!

The government - should have encourged people to alter their lifestyles to “keep safe”, not bloody well take ever more, and higher risks than the ones they’ve already been forced to take! :angry:

How many people are now going to die because it’s a choice of “Eat of Heat” this winter?

How many will die because they didn’t cook that poultry properly, and end up dying of salmonella poisoning, no doubt “With Covid” should that person happen to be unvaccinated?
How many will die because their benefits have been cut?
How many will die - because they are murdered either because plod was too busy chasing some anti-vaxxers, or even because plod actually dunnit■■?
How many will die - because they caught a disease other than covid from someone who isn’t even supposed to be on our streets?
How many will be killed indurectly by the actions of a Convict/Illegal Immigrant/Legal Insane person/Politician who wants to cut CO2 emissions by ending your life - so you stop exhaling CO2…

Winseer:
It boils my ■■■■ to think this country signed up for the Paris Accord without holding a referendum on that.
We didn’t vote for ANY of this - did we?

^
If anything it’s the opposite being a matter of National Security in the form of energy security and the choice between cheap safe fossil fuel v a treeless, irradiated wasteland at 26p per kwh for the privilege.
So shouldn’t be up for any vote for anyway.Even if the Melons got a majority rather than this false mandate based on getting people like Globalist surrender monkey Bozo and his band of muppets into power.