High electricity & gas prices!

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
The UK needs battery storage like the 100MW in Capenhurst in Chester, Europe’s biggest. we already have enough wind farm hardware in place, In December last year the National Grid paid £82million to wind farm operators to turn off their turbines to prevent the energy system from being overwhelmed because there was nowhere for the excess energy to go, :open_mouth: Madness. airqualitynews.com/2023/02/13/1 … o-chester/

By that logic we could create far more battery capacity by placing it at the consumer end of the grid not supply.
1 or two tonnes of batteries x millions of households would be measured in GW not MW.
Where is your evidence that storing it would make it cheaper in addition to the costs of batteries.
The fact is no generator is in the business of producing free electric regardless of its consumption status.Its all about maximising profits and removing the option of fossil fuel competition is part of that.

Where is your evidence that it doesn’t?

So I put 3t of batteries in the shed that reduces my electric bill and standing charge how ?.
Multiply that 3t by the amount of houses with sheds call it a fair few million tonnes of batteries which is more than any centralised location/s could provide.
You’ve still got to fill them with electricity at the going price + VAT.
No one is in the business of providing free electricity or less than market value and the government wants its tax cut.
Also bearing in mind charging power losses.

The energy companies made tens of billions in undeserved, unexpected profits tho. Why should they get to keep it?

Why shouldnt they have a quiter year and help everyone out with prices? Theyve made a fortune out of us - surely a year with smaller profits wont kill them?

JeffA:
The energy companies made tens of billions in undeserved, unexpected profits tho. Why should they get to keep it?

Why shouldnt they have a quiter year and help everyone out with prices? Theyve made a fortune out of us - surely a year with smaller profits wont kill them?

I think you’d be happier going and living in Russia.
Do you know how hard it is to find and drill for oil and then transport and process it? Have you done it?

stu675:

JeffA:

Do you know how hard it is to find and drill for oil and then transport and process it? Have you done it?

It isn’t easy to emmigrate to either America OR Russia these days.

That’s what went wrong with the EU project really - We Brits - didn’t want to be working in most places abroad, because rank-and-file jobs abroad - are lower paid than they are in Blighty.
Jobs like “Saudi Arabia Tax Free Paid Engineers” or “Oil Rig Workers” - are not the vast majority of “Foreign Jobs for Ex-Pat Brits” of course.

We’ve become the Jobcenter of the entire continent, if not the wider world.
We are told we don’t want “Energy Experts” working here, as the cheapest ones to hire - would all be Russian.

If there’s nothing in it for Britain - we shouldn’t have joined the EEC in the first place, and now that we’ve supposedly left the EU - we should be hurrying out of the other shackles that went alongside EU membership as well, such as “NATO contributions”, “Paris Accord”, and “5 Eyes” intel community.
Our worst enemies at this time - are those three bodies desperate for Britain to stay inside, and contribute further at UK taxpayer expense forever.

stu675:

JeffA:

What have they done to deserve it? Nothing. It’s just because of a war a thousand miles away. Drilling for oil isn’t so hard you need to make 10 billion every 3 months. Especially when you were only expecting to make 2 or 3 billion. There’s a lot of people working harder than any oil company ever will for a lot less money than that. Those Saudi Sheiks and princes don’t impress me with how much work they do. Do they impress you?

Imagine if a few of those companies were government owned like Sweden - all those profits would be going to us instead of a few private equity billionaires and foreign governments who now own our energy supply.

I believe in the “Quality of Life” concept.

It is better to improve the lives of 99 people at the cost of one, rather than detriment the lives of 99 people to save the life of one.

Winseer:

It is better to improve the lives of 99 people at the cost of one, rather than detriment the lives of 99 people to save the life of one.

Common logical fallacy that most tories believe in - if one person cant handle it then it must be banned for everyone who can handle it.

JeffA:

stu675:

JeffA:

What have they done to deserve it? Nothing. It’s just because of a war a thousand miles away. Drilling for oil isn’t so hard you need to make 10 billion every 3 months. Especially when you were only expecting to make 2 or 3 billion. There’s a lot of people working harder than any oil company ever will for a lot less money than that. Those Saudi Sheiks and princes don’t impress me with how much work they do. Do they impress you?

Imagine if a few of those companies were government owned like Sweden - all those profits would be going to us instead of a few private equity billionaires and foreign governments who now own our energy supply.

At a shareholders meeting the chairman of BP said they make more money from selling sandwiches in relation to return on investment from oil exploration, processing etc.
Here,my gas and electricity supplier had a scheme over the winter to pay back consumers who economised by 25 % usage. As it happened i was away a lot. The direct debits this month were 0.67 cents and 0.37 cents as i ‘earned’ a 90 euro bonus.

Maybe they do - the point I was making was they made an extra 7 billion in 3 months for doing absolutely nothing. When you know there are pensioners dying freezing because you keep putting the prices up why wouldn’t you say “You know what - we wern’t expecting that extra 7 billion, we did nothing for it, we don’t deserve it in any way shape or form, lets keep a few pensioners alive this year eh”?

JeffA:
Maybe they do - the point I was making was they made an extra 7 billion in 3 months for doing absolutely nothing. When you know there are pensioners dying freezing because you keep putting the prices up why wouldn’t you say “You know what - we wern’t expecting that extra 7 billion, we did nothing for it, we don’t deserve it in any way shape or form, lets keep a few pensioners alive this year eh”?

That’s capitalism for you.

OwenMoney:

JeffA:

Its a sick version of capitalism tho - the version you get when you allow monopolies to rig the market in their favour. The tories were warmed dont let private equity take over your nationalised industries - because they care for nothing but profits. Who owns the water companies? Private eqiity firms.

OwenMoney:

JeffA:

As opposed to Starmer who’ll just cut all the gas off and make everyone go all nuke/tree/solar panel fuelled electric at 50p per kWh.To ‘save the planet’.If they can’t afford gas they certainly can’t afford that.
Added to the cost of a nuke disaster or two and/or a treeless solar panel covered dust bowl so nothing to eat even if he doesn’t nuke the place first.

JeffA:

OwenMoney:

JeffA:

Its a sick version of capitalism tho - the version you get when you allow monopolies to rig the market in their favour. The tories were warmed dont let private equity take over your nationalised industries - because they care for nothing but profits. Who owns the water companies? Private eqiity firms.

Wessex water - for example is owned by a conglomerate called YTL Corp in Malaysia . No investment, pump sewage into the sea.
Should never have been sold off.

JeffA:

Winseer:

Common logical fallacy that most tories believe in - if one person cant handle it then it must be banned for everyone who can handle it.

Whilst you have an absolute right to say that, I have an absolute right to call you a damned fool for even thinking that is anywhere near the truth.
Soon the Landlords, Managerial Class, and other “Working” but formerly “Better off” people - are going to feel the financial pinch like they never thought possible, just like ordinary savers who didn’t “gamble on the stockmarket” around 1931, only to find that their savings were all gone as WELL, because those entrusted with their cash - blew the lot. You don’t reailize you’ve been had until you’ve either run out of money, or go to draw that meaty nest egg/pension you thought you had waiting for you, only to find it’s already gone… Banning of valuable assets then follows, and only THEN does money deflate to such an extent that anyone still alive and prospering - effectively becomes the “Gangster” running the entire town.
Good for you if that 1% is you - but not so good if you think that continuing to resist common sense social issues - is the way to continue as a member of the 99% that didn’t expect to be so skint by that point…
Your latter-age employer - won’t care if you’ve lost all your money. They’ll merely care to put pressure on you to do anything to keep your job you now cannot afford to lose, let alone one day hope to retire from. :open_mouth:

“Impoverishment” - does that to people.

You’re not the 1% that are guaranteed to rise above this - so it’s hardly for you nor I to “handle” - Is it?

It’s time you took off the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ shades of Tory Hatred that has clearly unhinged all those who happen to not vote Conservative in this country (I won’t be, but where are the “Reformed” and “Repentant” of the LEFT?) You are welcome to keep the Tories your enemy - but you really need to be thinking about a Left-Right joint-action against the Estblishment that doesn’t involve merely switching one esblishment goon for another… Keir Starmer’s Labour - isn’t the way to get rid of the Tories. It’ll be even WORSE under Labour, what with plans to disenfranchise UK citizens further in favour of illegal immigrants not even here yet, who’ll get the Vote, get our Benefits, and of course access to the NHS including jobs there ahead of the rest of us who’ve paid in our entire lives. I’d vote for Corbyn being against Ukraine or even Corbyn being Pro Palestine - but I won’t be voting Starmer being “Anti Humanity” when there’s a clear pecking order for it in this country, begotten of the fact we’ve paid hard taxes FOR it all these years.

Even Blair realized that a “Third Way” was required. But the “Centerists” are now the hardened ENEMY. It is time for a “4th Way” then, or at least a 4th candidate on our ballot papers so our future parliament can have a decent block of Greenies for the Left side, and Reformers for the Right side.
Time to kick the main three parties into touch - outright. We’ve not got much time left at grass roots level to set up the candidates however.

Meanwhile, back to Energy Prices:

Saudi cut production these past few days, which resulted in a 48 hour upward blip in prices.
That “blip” has now been erased, with Oil and Gas back on the downward slope again, testing new lows as they were before this apparently ineffective “cut in production”.

…And still we see no significant drop in the retail energy tariffs!

Such ongoing government and banking system-led FRAUD - will render us all skint in less than a year - if we’re not careful.
The Greens that did so well in recent council elections - have no intention of stopping bloated government from doing this, as they are getting handouts and subsidies galore, and as such are now very-much the “Kept Woman” of Politics.

Its not me saying it winseer its the govts own research that shows dole fraud is incredibly low. Shown time and time again. Thats why they never released the govts own research that showed penalising benefit claimants cost more money than it saves.

I can’t see it being worse under Labour tho - you mention migrants but migrants dont mean anything to my life - I’m more concerned about all the money going to foreign equity firms while they pump prices through the roof to maintain their obscene profits as they dump mountains of excrement into the rivers.

JeffA:
Its not me saying it winseer its the govts own research that shows dole fraud is incredibly low. Shown time and time again. Thats why they never released the govts own research that showed penalising benefit claimants cost more money than it saves.

Gov and it`s attitude to fraud…
youtube.com/watch?v=CrHWoipWBuw

To add a link to the Public Accounts Committee report
publications.parliament.uk/pa/c … eport.html

Our d/d is now £110 pm , we’re £77 in debit , the £110 is slowly reducing that , few £ p/ m , but £110 is still a lot more than the £68 ish we were paying , winter should be the eye opener without I guess the government subsidy, I’d think well easily double the £110 pm

Our DD is still £310/month for gas & electric with Octopus energy on their flexible tariff & we’re still £193 in arrears from the Winter months :open_mouth: , It’s like having another bloody mortgage, we paid ours off over fifteen years ago.

lancpudn:
Our DD is still £310/month for gas & electric with Octopus energy on their flexible tariff & we’re still £193 in arrears from the Winter months :open_mouth: , It’s like having another bloody mortgage, we paid ours off over fifteen years ago.

Just think of all those people out there stuck in their 60hour per week jobs earning enough to pay their now £1200 per month repayment mortgage (up from half that two years ago) and now having to find another £300 for the monthly dual fuel energy on top…

If the Mrs wasn’t working a second full time job in your household beforehand - she’ll probably have to Wifey-Up to that now I reckon…

Then there’s the people dying in droves “prematurely” because:-

(1) Operation got cancelled
(2) Disease wasn’t “caught in time”
(3) No money for expensive Drugs, unless they are for “Gender Re-assignment surgery”
(4) Got stuck in traffic
(5) Ambulance didn’t come at all
(6) Got killed on smart motorway by the police car/ambulance/fire engine when a first-responder DOES turn up promptly…
(7) No chance of increasing household income, because you’ve got say, elderly parents to look after, a disabled person, or maybe a 30+ year-old ukrainian “Child” you can’t claim Child Benefit for…
(8) Being kicked off whatever benefits you used to get, because you didn’t take that job offered at a call center, 6 nights a week, 12 hour shifts for the same benefit money you got before…
(9) You’re none-too-healthy these days, yourself - “Maybe I shouldn’t have had that first jab… Seems to have done me more harm than good!?”

lancpudn:

The irony when you’ve been advocating going all electric to save the planet from fictional CO2 meltdown.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

The irony when you’ve been advocating going all electric to save the planet from fictional CO2 meltdown.

If the Establishment want us to stop using Gas, then why have they not FORCED Electric prices down with a price cap far lower than the current electric price?

Who wants to buy an overpriced electric car that doesn’t last anywhere near as long as Fossil-Fueled cars, AND costs an utter fortune each time to charge at these public charging points you see everywhere, but hardly ever being used rather than “vandalized”…?

I would post a vid of the many vandalized charging points you see about, BUT there doesn’t seem to be any such video readily available for quick look-up, so I’ll assume that deep state orders are to “make Elecritric vehicles - look better than they really are”. Supress “bad press” stories and vids, whilst pumping up the “It’s all singing, all dancing!” material.