High electricity & gas prices!

Oops, I almost forgot:

Fact Check:

Live UK Gas Wholesale Price chart.

Simply set the chart to “1 week” to get how much the price has moved over the past few years…

People should be writing to their MPs to question why it is that a now government-owned outfit like Octopus is permitted to charge us ALL as if the price were still 800 rather than the 149 it is as I write this…

Our monthly bills - should already be back below £100 a month for dual fuel already!

My bill for December came in at £374, and I only have the heating on for 10-minute bursts - just to keep the damp away from promoting growth on my walls otherwise… Yes, I get the £67 per month “Help” - but that’s a drop in a bucket already by the looks of it, and ceases at the end of this financial year. What we supposed to do next? “Pray for Putin’s Demise” every night on our knees as we climb into bed, wearing our thick wollens? :angry:

Winseer:
Oops, I almost forgot:

Fact Check:

Live UK Gas Wholesale Price chart.

Simply set the chart to “1 week” to get how much the price has moved over the past few years…
Charts

People should be writing to their MPs to question why it is that a now government-owned outfit like Octopus is permitted to charge us ALL as if the price were still 800 rather than the 149 it is as I write this…

Our monthly bills - should already be back below £100 a month for dual fuel already!

My bill for December came in at £374, and I only have the heating on for 10-minute bursts - just to keep the damp away from promoting growth on my walls otherwise… Yes, I get the £67 per month “Help” - but that’s a drop in a bucket already by the looks of it, and ceases at the end of this financial year. What we supposed to do next? “Pray for Putin’s Demise” every night on our knees as we climb into bed, wearing our thick wollens? :angry:

The fact that Octopus is now a government energy supply agency ( news to me ) obviously by implication means that it will just be an enabler of the government’s energy policy.
Which is a stated policy of ramping up gas prices to disincentivise it’s use v electric.
They are obviously well on the way there at 15p per kWh after April.
It has nothing to do with Putin.It has everything to do with exporting our self sufficient oil and gas resources to meet the aims of the globalist cabal among the WEF.

As it’s the end of the month I had a look at the tablet for the smart meters & was shocked to see both gas & leccy over the £100 mark for each for the month of January :open_mouth: Our Potterton boiler went belly up a couple of weeks ago with water pouring out of it & flooding the bedroom :imp: Multiple areas inside the condenser boiler have leaks & it had been spraying water over the PCB & digital screen all night. Bloody thing is only six years old & has been serviced every year. I got three electric radiators from family & friends to tide us over to keep warm until I can get another boiler.

Watching our smart meter it’s heating that’s banging up the bills

Must admit I do look at smart meter

dozy:

Four days into February & the leccy is already at £26.48 :open_mouth: , The gas is at £1.23 because the Potterton boiler went belly up three weeks ago & is beyond economic repair the heating engineer says :imp: Bloody thing is only six years old.
Electric radiators are the cause, My missus really feels the cold & has them on all the time. Just had to up the monthly DD by another £100/month again :cry:

lancpudn:

dozy:

Four days into February & the leccy is already at £26.48 :open_mouth: , The gas is at £1.23 because the Potterton boiler went belly up three weeks ago & is beyond economic repair the heating engineer says :imp: Bloody thing is only six years old.
Electric radiators are the cause, My missus really feels the cold & has them on all the time. Just had to up the monthly DD by another £100/month again :cry:

I thought you were a climate scam believer and an anti fossil fuel use activist ?.
The price of electric net of the government ‘guarantee’ subsidy, which stops in April, has risen from around 50p per kWh to 64p per kWh this month.
That’s more than double the around 30p per kWh we pay with it in force.
While the days of even having the choice of using gas are already numbered along with solid fuel and gas prices deliberately also ramping up to disincentivise it’s use during the phase out.
Bearing in mind that the CO2 level is at around the minimum needed to sustain plant life.
Good luck with that.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

dozy:

I thought you were a climate scam believer and an anti fossil fuel use activist ?.
The price of electric net of the government ‘guarantee’ subsidy, which stops in April, has risen from around 50p per kWh to 64p per kWh this month.
While the days of even having the choice of using gas are already numbered along with solid fuel and gas prices deliberately also ramping up to disincentivise it’s use during the phase out.
Bearing in mind that the CO2 level is at around the minimum needed to sustain plant life.
Good luck with that.

Then you’d be wrong. I would love to see the back of fossil fuel electricity generation though & not be held to ransom by sky high gas prices, Renewable energy is now 50% cheaper to generate electricity than fossil fuels.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

dozy:

Good luck with that.

Then you’d be wrong. I would love to see the back of fossil fuel electricity generation though & not be held to ransom by sky high gas prices, Renewable energy is now 50% cheaper to generate electricity than fossil fuels.

Let’s get this right.
16p per kWh v 64p per kWh and you think you’re being ‘held to ransom’ by the former.
Also bearing in mind the stated aim of artificially ramping up gas prices with ‘carbon’ penalties.
If cheap renewable electric energy was true you obviously wouldn’t be moaning about electric radiators let alone the demise of your gas boiler.
The truth is wind is no good when the wind ain’t blowing and nuclear is as expensive and dangerous as it gets.

lancpudn:
, Renewable energy is now 50% cheaper to generate electricity than fossil fuels.

There are a lot of spurious claims in the comparison of prices. You mentioned generation of electricity, are you happy for the electric to be switched off at times when renewable generated electricity is not available? Or do you expect fossil fuel or storage backup?
Renewable can generate at £50 per MWh but storage is £300 per MWh.

stu675:

lancpudn:
, Renewable energy is now 50% cheaper to generate electricity than fossil fuels.

There are a lot of spurious claims in the comparison of prices. You mentioned generation of electricity, are you happy for the electric to be switched off at times when renewable generated electricity is not available? Or do you expect fossil fuel or storage backup?

There’s no way that anyone can specify all wind for example because A the wind isn’t always blowing especially during cold frosty weather and B fossil and so called renewable generated is all fed into and taken from the same grid.
Also bearing in mind that there is nothing green or renewable about nuclear.With the lose lose that it provides none of that good CO2 stuff that plants love, but chucks out clouds of, possibly radioactive, greenhouse water vapour to add to the lethal nuclear waste mountain.
At 64p per kWh for the privilege.

Carryfast:

stu675:

lancpudn:

There’s no way that anyone can specify all wind for example because A the wind isn’t always blowing especially during cold frosty weather and B fossil and so called renewable generated is all fed into and taken from the same grid.
Also bearing in mind that there is nothing green or renewable about nuclear.With the lose lose that it provides none of that good CO2 stuff that plants love, but chucks out clouds of, possibly radioactive, greenhouse water vapour to add to the lethal nuclear waste mountain.

Battery storage, instead of spending £billions on nuclear plants other countries than the UK profit from they could have spent that ridiculous amount of money on battery storage throughout the whole of the UK. They could store many more gWh’s of electricity from the renewable we already have now if we had battery storage on a big scale. Wind & solar have already overtaken fossil gas in Europe & is much cheaper to generate electricity. youtube.com/watch?v=THchHkphqyI

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

stu675:

lancpudn:

Battery storage, instead of spending £billions on nuclear plants other countries than the UK profit from they could have spent that ridiculous amount of money on battery storage throughout the whole of the UK. They could store many more gWh’s of electricity from the renewable we already have now if we had battery storage on a big scale. Wind & solar have already overtaken fossil gas in Europe & is much cheaper to generate electricity. youtube.com/watch?v=THchHkphqyI

I don’t knoew where you are getting yopur figures from but battery storage is 30% cheaper than a fossil fuel peaker plant. pv-magazine.com/2021/04/12/ … enewables/

lancpudn:
I don’t knoew where you are getting yopur figures from but battery storage is 390% cheaper than a fossil fuel peaker plant. pv-magazine.com/2021/04/12/ … enewables/

So why aren’t people filling their sheds with 10t of batteries and covering their roofs and gardens in solar panels.
The fact is you’ve got to artificially load fossil fuel with loads of carbon taxes just to end up with 16p per kWh gas v 64p per kWh for electric.Then storing it in expensive batteries helps those figures how ?.

lancpudn:
I don’t knoew where you are getting yopur figures from

The irony when it’s you who’s moaning about the cost of having to use electric heating because your gas boiler has gone tech.

I suspect that there’s not actually a shortage at all, just a shortage of honest people working as brokers, retailers, intermediaries, politicians, and even members of the public who say this is “100% about Man-Made Climate Change” (itself a hoax) when it is in fact a foreign policy CHOICE made by idiot, unelected scum who would see us all dead before relinquishing power to one of the public’s own, rather than one of their own…

Notice that we’ve had no power cuts these past few months…
The “turn off electric from 5pm” was a scam likely to find out who could have their houses broken into to install unwanted smart meters rather than pre pay meters, which is the smokescreen cover story designed to take our eyes of the real ball here…

There’s no shortage, but it’s a hard sell getting you to pay 1000% more for your fossil fuel energy, in an attempt to get you to “embrace green” or at least die of exposure if you’ve no other choice… I wonder if temperatures of +60c would kill more people than -60c? You try keeping your house cool with an outside temperature in a heathwave of 60c with ELECTRICITY powered Air Conditioners, compared to keeping your house warm with -60c outside with a coal fire, gas fired central heating, etc. - which the green lobby are trying to get banned on their big “Be Elite or Die” ticket that would have us not allowed to use Stove burners, burn Coal, or even fix our aging Gas Fire Central Heating, as Corgi people get pensioned off one by one…

The Green Elites want 99% of us dead, compared to the Chinese who just want the 75% of us that are not Chinese gone, compared to the Christian Right that believe rather than want “one third part” Evil People “Judged” and gone from the Earth… Trouble with that latter point is that there’s a lot of other people that will be caught in the cross-fire. “Armageddon” is for everyone, not just Christians, not just Religious People, not just Third Worlders, and definitely not just “For Christmas”… :open_mouth:

Decouple wholesale gas price from electricity, There are more forms of electric generation in the mix than just gas & it’s getting greener YOY. The currant high wholesale price of electricity continues to be set by the global wholesale gas price which has pushed up commercial & domestic energy bills.

lancpudn:
Decouple wholesale gas price from electricity, There are more forms of electric generation in the mix than just gas & it’s getting greener YOY. The currant high wholesale price of electricity continues to be set by the global wholesale gas price which has pushed up commercial & domestic energy bills.

Exactly what evidence are you relying on that would supposedly show nuke and wind powered electric generation as being cheaper than coal or gas.Even with the carbon taxes being loaded onto them by the climate scammers.
Bearing in mind 16p per kWh ‘retail’ including carbon taxes for gas.
The truth is it doesn’t get any cheaper or safer than fossil fuel fuelled generation.
While the best way to burn fossil fuels isn’t by the wasteful unecessary process of turning it into electricity.
Let those who believe in the climate scam pay for it.Instead of which these hypocrites are calling for us all to go all electric at 64p per kWh while moaning about the price of gas
at 16p per kWh.The definition of useful idiots.

Carryfast:
Exactly what evidence are you relying on that would supposedly show nuke and wind powered electric generation as being cheaper than coal or gas.Even with the carbon taxes being loaded onto them by the climate scammers.
Bearing in mind 16p per kWh ‘retail’ including carbon taxes for gas.
The truth is it doesn’t get any cheaper or safer than fossil fuel fuelled generation.

The issue is that both coal and gas are finite resources. Every day we burn coal and gas that took millions of years to form. This is obviously not indefinitely sustainable.

I’m still waiting on the result of the governments consultation period that ended Oct 2022 for a fairer energy grid for domestic & commercial users. gov.uk/government/consultat … rangements