Hi Viz

again I have noticed another driver on here going on about drivers wearing Hi Viz in their cabs,what is the problem with that,i wear mine in my cab because everytime I take it off it turns itself inside out,i can’t be axxxd to keep taking it off everytime I finish a delivery so I leave it on,to some drivers it seems to be the crime of the century the way they go on,there are a lot worse things to worry about than a bloody Hi Viz being worn in the cab

Can’t see the problem either.
It’s just an item of work wear…at the end of the day.
Don’t wear one myself,but do wear orange trousers.
And yes…i am standing at the bar…as we speak…in orange trousers.

Me too, if I was delivering/ collecting form lots of places that insisted on Hi Viz’s being worn then it made sense to just leave it on, if just one or 2 drops a day then I’d take it off, depends on circumstances.

Depends how close my jobs are for me. If I’m driving local then it stays on but usually comes off if I’m in the cab for a while. Especially if I’m driving whenever it’s dark or likely to get dark before I stop. Drove me crackers seeing my own glowing reflection on the windscreen. My old firm told us it was compulsory, I didn’t even know where to start with that argument so just ignored them. Personally don’t have a problem seeing others with them on in the cab but high viz + Bluetooth ear slug + the all too common look of being lost can give a strongly negative first impression.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don’t work for them. But often drop parcels in at dpd in irlam. On gate on way out there’s a huge sign saying drivers remember to remove your hi viz before leaving yard. God knows why not like doing any harm to anyone.

I even wear mine when I go down the pub because it saves me having to explain to people that I have a crap job. :wink:

Hate them with a passion. I’d also question the effectiveness of them too. What the eye sees constantly becomes commonplace and thus disregarded by the brain. In the old days when only motorway cops and roads workers wore them they really stood out, nowadays not so much.

A bit like the overuse of orange beacons, just to reopen another can of worms :wink:

the maoster:
Hate them with a passion. I’d also question the effectiveness of them too. What the eye sees constantly becomes commonplace and thus disregarded by the brain. In the old days when only motorway cops and roads workers wore them they really stood out, nowadays not so much.

A bit like the overuse of orange beacons, just to reopen another can of worms :wink:

Just get out without your hi-viz on, you’ll be spotted in no time!

truckman020:
again I have noticed another driver on here going on about drivers wearing Hi Viz in their cabs,what is the problem with that,i wear mine in my cab because everytime I take it off it turns itself inside out,i can’t be axxxd to keep taking it off everytime I finish a delivery so I leave it on,to some drivers it seems to be the crime of the century the way they go on,there are a lot worse things to worry about than a bloody Hi Viz being worn in the cab

Not ‘Crime of Century’ or anything to ‘worry about’ at all mate.
Imo I just think that sitting behind the wheel in one in a truck makes you look a complete Herbert …that’s all. :neutral_face:
I hate the bloody things and only wear it when I’m forced to.
Also if I’m that way out, for a bit of fun I often don’t put one on just to watch some sad arsed dicks who think they’re important, have heart attack symptoms when they see me…but hey, that’s what I’m like. :smiley:

Rob’s foc top tip…Handy way for getting banned from places you hate btw. :bulb:

Has anybody else noticed the new trend of having your ID card on a lanyard whilst in the supermarket? It’s the office equivalent of a hi viz vest.

We had to wear it all the time on tippers 20+ years ago, a hi viz vest and a hard hat when driving in the quarry and on sites. Safety glasses as well nowadays of course. Not a problem and you didn’t think twice about it after a while. I didn’t like wearing those hi viz jackets that seem popular nowadays much though, unless it was really cold as I found them restrictive.

674f1e07677fb2d1fad2c3451dda93b7.jpg

Pete.

Which colour do you go for though?yellow or red/orange one

Got to be orange.
Yellow is’nt hi viz enough…on some sites :unamused:

Pink is also an option now. And not just for the ladies, all supervisors at one of our yards have to wear pink, they love it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Won’t be long now,before flashing leds are incorporated into work wear.
Maybe even"body cam" for evidence,in case there’s a misdemeanor.

windrush:
We had to wear it all the time on tippers 20+ years ago, a hi viz vest and a hard hat when driving in the quarry and on sites. Safety glasses as well nowadays of course. Not a problem and you didn’t think twice about it after a while. I didn’t like wearing those hi viz jackets that seem popular nowadays much though, unless it was really cold as I found them restrictive.

Pete.

Had to wear the full clown suit while tipping in quarries.
But you say you HAD to wear it while driving ■■. :open_mouth: …how tf can they explain that one and still look credible. :unamused:
■■■■ whits the lot of em.

commonrail:
Won’t be long now,before flashing leds are incorporated into work wear.
Maybe even"body cam" for evidence,in case there’s a misdemeanor.

I reckon you’re joking, but it’s bound to come mate, these cretins in their non jobs are fast running out of crazy ideas to justify their existence. :unamused:

Slightly tongue in cheek.
Maybe :laughing:

commonrail:
Slightly tongue in cheek.
Maybe :laughing:

Know what you mean, but it’s same as a tongue in cheek comment 20 yrs ago…‘‘If things go on like this, they’ll be having cameras in cabs facing you next’’ :smiley:

Hi viz in pubs and cafes? Hi viz on a train or ferry?
Explain that one away!

Look at me. I’m on minimum wage [emoji23]